The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Especially Ariana. 

I'll concede that Ariana's mistake wasnt picking Raquel over Hailey (I still believe Raquel won that battle). It was viewing Hailey as fodder and then putting her up against an R&B/Soul girl singing an R&B/Soul song. She didnt really gave her a chance in that regard.

Hopefully Arianators are not dissing Raquel because of Ariana's potential success with Hailey is happening on Kelly's team.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I’ll stay off IDF today for self-care/work purposes :haha:

All I know is if Jershika lands in the bottom, I’ll be entering a mandatory 5-day mourning period and encourage y’all to join me.

and vote the hell out of her bc what were y’all doing to not vote her through in the first place lol

Me after tonight :

Look, Top 11 was CLEARLY a struggle...

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'll concede that Ariana's mistake wasnt picking Raquel over Hailey (I still believe Raquel won that battle). It was viewing Hailey as fodder and then putting her up against an R&B/Soul girl singing an R&B/Soul song. She didnt really gave her a chance in that regard.

Hopefully Arianators are not dissing Raquel because of Ariana's potential success with Hailey is happening on Kelly's team.

No, they aren’t dissing Raquel, they are dissing Ariana. 😂 

I didn’t even think Raquel was that great in that battle, honestly. Ariana clearly chose her, and a few others to move forward before she even paired them, and that was that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecarterfilez said:

Y'all really think NBC Producers would allow a Gymani vs Jershika bottom 2 even if they were ? visually..... this won't be a good look for them in this climate and people already saying only certain type of singers excel here..  Jershika had one of , if not the best performance of last night.. I don't care what FB says... if she is bottom 2 after that... something is fundamentally wrong with this show.. let's be all the way real. 

The producers let three black women go home in the semis Instant Save last season, so…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecarterfilez said:

Y'all really think NBC Producers would allow a Gymani vs Jershika bottom 2 even if they were ? visually..... this won't be a good look for them in this climate and people already saying only certain type of singers excel here..  Jershika had one of , if not the best performance of last night.. I don't care what FB says... if she is bottom 2 after that... something is fundamentally wrong with this show.. let's be all the way real. 

I think they care a whole hell of a lot more about the potential legal fallout from manipulating a vote for 10th place (10th place!) on a tv show that doesn’t even support its winners, than they do about a 15 minute story about 2 Black woman in the B2.

33 minutes ago, seak05 said:

If you have a negative personal opinion about someone, without any actual evidence, then yes it’s likely a result of your own subconscious biases 

I guess we can pretend like we only have opinions about people that we could prove in court, but the truth is that most of the time we have negative or positive opinions of people based on a vibe we get as opposed to "evidence." I also didn't like Kenzie's (season 20) attitude without "evidence," but I don't think that makes me subconsciously biased against white straight southern men 🙄

I'm sure there are people who don't like certain contestants because of bias or even explicit racism, but don't just accuse anyone who doesn't like Wendy of this

1 hour ago, KingKongWoo said:

I love her voice but I personally don't like her attitude, she seems cocky and a bit fake to me. Just because someone views a person you like negatively doesn't automatically mean that they have biases and want to put black women down.

For example, every single person who I've talked to who doesn't like Wendy's attitude has nothing but nice things to say about Jershika 

It’s kind of a mix of everything. And again Jershika and Wendy have nothing in common that we can compare as artists 

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

You just realized about that now? 

I honestly think the problem it's not with the show itself, but with it's audience. 

That wasn’t me saying that about stuff being “fundamentally wrong with the show” lmao.

It’s not the show’s fault the audience votes the way it does (and I definitely have side eyed audience choices before), but let’s not pretend the show is perfect either. So it’s both the audience and the show, imo.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That wasn’t me saying that about stuff being “fundamentally wrong with the show” lmao.

It’s not the show’s fault the audience votes the way it does (and I definitely have side eyed audience choices before), but let’s not pretend the show is perfect either. So it’s both the audience and the show, imo.

I still think the main issue is the audience but yeah, the way TPTB handles the show it's very questionable most of the time. The way they manipulate the audience for their planned narrative to happen each season it's disgusting.

The only time Wendy struck me as 'fake' was when she tried to play off Ed's comment as a joke or an exaggeration. Anyone with ears can tell she's a better vocalist than both Ed and Blake combined and there was no need to turn it around and comment how she still has a lot to learn and grow. It was obvious she didn't believe it. I rolled my eyes but I think she just didn't handle the best she could've, probably just because this show is taking her out of her element, as someone mentioned above. Of course, I don't think she is cocky or pretentious in general, or was even in that situation.

2 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

i totally agree. my favs were robbed. and after hearing how some of my favs are doing on sm, will be crying all day today

every day I hate Justin and Scooter more.
If Billie, Jon, Gaga or Silk Sonic get robbed, I'll be something like this:

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN

MILEY WAS ROBBED

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

The only time Wendy struck me as 'fake' was when she tried to play off Ed's comment as a joke or an exaggeration. Anyone with ears can tell she's a better vocalist than both Ed and Blake combined and there was no need to turn it around and comment how she still has a lot to learn and grow. It was obvious she didn't believe it. I rolled my eyes but I think she just didn't handle the best she could've, probably just because this show is taking her out of her element, as someone mentioned above. Of course, I don't think she is cocky or pretentious in general, or was even in that situation.

She’s a better vocalist than either Blake or Ed, but those two are super successful. She can learn a lot from them. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I think they care a whole hell of a lot more about the potential legal fallout from manipulating a vote for 10th place (10th place!) on a tv show that doesn’t even support its winners, than they do about a 15 minute story about 2 Black woman in the B2.

This. They ain't going to rig the vote because idf doesn't like the result.😂