The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

All I know is that if Jershika/Gymani is the B2, IDF will go nuts, and it has the potential to reach Jordan Matthew Young-level meltdowns, since one of them would be eliminated, and the other one would have a tough mountain to climb next week.

If either one of them two ends up in the bottom with Jeremy and he beats them, there will also be meltdowns, albeit less, since one of the girls would be safe.

If one of the girls is with Jeremy at the bottom and they beat him, it'll likely be fine here.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

1 hour ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

the comments that i absolutely hate regarding Wendy are the ones about her so-called “attitude”… like 1) she’s literally so sweet and funny… where are you seeing a bad attitude babes? and 2) she’s so humble and really, really appreciative of this whole experience!
the fact of the matter is that CONFIDENT, TALENTED, BLACK WOMEN intimidate much of Team Minivan, so they use things like “she’s a screamer” or “i don’t like her attitude” to justify their biases and put these women down… 💔

I love her voice but I personally don't like her attitude, she seems cocky and a bit fake to me. Just because someone views a person you like negatively doesn't automatically mean that they have biases and want to put black women down.

For example, every single person who I've talked to who doesn't like Wendy's attitude has nothing but nice things to say about Jershika 

4 minutes ago, KingKongWoo said:

I love her voice but I personally don't like her attitude, she seems cocky and a bit fake to me. Just because someone views a person you like negatively doesn't automatically mean that they have biases and want to put black women down.

For example, every single person who I've talked to who doesn't like Wendy's attitude has nothing but nice things to say about Jershika 

Brady Bunch K GIF

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Chloe won primarily because of the nostalgia fest of her song choices. Which of course, manifested itself in her fans being utterly confused by her post-show music.

My post-show confusion with Chloe comes from her releases - Come Too Far to Fantasy's "internet pop" to Twilight-soundtrack (her description) dreampop. Confused? You bet 😂

I was a Chloe fan in her season and did love the nostalgia of her run but never expected her to try to mimic that after. She could have gone a lot of different ways - she played in a blues rock band and a folk duo previously. I think ultimately Chloe's problem is (I hate to say this) the lack of a musical identity.

Y'all really think NBC Producers would allow a Gymani vs Jershika bottom 2 even if they were ? visually..... this won't be a good look for them in this climate and people already saying only certain type of singers excel here..  Jershika had one of , if not the best performance of last night.. I don't care what FB says... if she is bottom 2 after that... something is fundamentally wrong with this show.. let's be all the way real. 

Just now, thecarterfilez said:

Y'all really think NBC Producers would allow a Gymani vs Jershika bottom 2 even if they were ? visually..... this won't be a good look for them in this climate and people already saying only certain type of singers excel here..  Jershika had one of , if not the best performance of last night.. I don't care what FB says... if she is bottom 2 after that... something is fundamentally wrong with this show.. let's be all the way real. 

I don’t think they care. 

14 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

My post-show confusion with Chloe comes from her releases - Come Too Far to Fantasy's "internet pop" to Twilight-soundtrack (her description) dreampop. Confused? You bet 😂

I was a Chloe fan in her season and did love the nostalgia of her run but never expected her to try to mimic that after. She could have gone a lot of different ways - she played in a blues rock band and a folk duo previously. I think ultimately Chloe's problem is (I hate to say this) the lack of a musical identity.

Yeah I love Chloe and I have met her and seen her perfom live. What Chloe really needs is a good manager that knows what he is doing and that can set her on a path to succeed. Because Chloe is super talented but she really doesn't know what she is doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Very fair point. Although ... Hailey Mia. I mean definitely not the same competition but we'll see !

I’m just saying when there is a clear advantage in performance quality, they generally win, regardless of team, and I don’t see Lana hanging with Gymani. 

Did you notice there seemed to be a lot of effort to boost Lana last night? The coaches did that with a lot of them, actually. The performances were actually all pretty good too. Very competitive!

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah I love Chloe and I have met her and seen her perfom live. What Chloe really needs is a good manager that knows what he is doing and that can set her on a path to succeed. Because Chloe is super talented but she really doesn't know what she is doing.

She’s had at least a couple different managers, most recently Red Light Management. She’s not on their roster anymore. Maybe she doesn’t listen to what they tell her. 

7 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

Grammy nominations up shortly.... interesting that the two least most successful coaches have won a grammy most recently... (John last year, Ariana the year b4) while the most successful voice coaches (Kelly/Blake) has been snubbed for years now....  wonder if any of them will be nominated today ? 

I just care for Taylor, to be honest :ph34rwave:

38 minutes ago, KingKongWoo said:

33 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Brady Bunch K GIF

You give him a sarcastic gif as a response, but he's actually not the only one to feel that way about her.  I have an online buddy from Canada with whom I communicate nearly every day (on a site that doesn't even have to do with music or singing competitions, for that matter), and he thinks the same thing about Wendy -- that her sincerity and gratitude toward Blake (and the experience, in general) come off as fake to him, and that she's a bit full of herself.  There are some YouTube and Facebook comments to that degree, too.

Personally, I think that when it comes to the line between confident and cocky, I don't think that Wendy crosses it at all.  But the way she carries herself, I can sort of see why others think that she does.

I’ll stay off IDF today for self-care/work purposes :haha:

All I know is if Jershika lands in the bottom, I’ll be entering a mandatory 5-day mourning period and encourage y’all to join me.

and vote the hell out of her bc what were y’all doing to not vote her through in the first place lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I’ll stay off IDF today for self-care/work purposes :haha:

All I know is if Jershika lands in the bottom, I’ll be entering a mandatory 5-day mourning period and encourage y’all to join me.

and vote the hell out of her bc what were y’all doing to not vote her through in the first place lol

Hey, I voted for her last night.  I voted for everyone but Gymani and Wendy, really.

2 hours ago, SNI2 said:

IDK, I don't see Kelly being on board with Wendy restraining herself so much to please the audience. Maybe she would be a Desz and land on the top 5, but lose exactly because she has been belting a lot. 

Wendy is also being hurt by her age/experience. Plus Desz benefited from coach quotas. I suspect if she was on TK she’d be in much the same position Gymani is now. 

Also disagree that Blake sent out his bat signal for Peedy, he pretty clearly signaled Wendy as his #1 that week.

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, KingKongWoo said:

If you have a negative personal opinion about someone, without any actual evidence, then yes it’s likely a result of your own subconscious biases 

• Like 11