The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Right, I forgot about her. And she wasnt rock either, so I stand corrected. She was very good.

We'll see how Holly does tonight.

She does tour with The Rolling Stones, so she’s rock-adjacent even if I wouldn’t class Sasha herself as 100% rock the way I would Moriah or Kat Perkins.

Either way, I’m just crossing my fingers for Holly to do her best tonight - it’s a big ask, but I’m hopeful she can do well enough with it not to land in the bottom two.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

And I checked on the high note - it’s allegedly a G5, so in the grand scheme of things, it’s not terribly high

Most sopranos that come on the show struggle to hit that note. Also, someone mentioned Holly was sick when she recorded the studio but is feeling fine now. Idk if we can trust that but maybe she'll do it live then. She promised more range than we've ever seen plus it'd be pretty anticlimactic to do this song if you're going to dodge the iconic high note.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Most sopranos that come on the show struggle to hit that note. Also, someone mentioned Holly was sick when she recorded the studio but is feeling fine now. Idk if we can trust that but maybe she'll do it live then. She promised more range than we've ever seen plus it'd be pretty anticlimactic to do this song if you're going to dodge the iconic high note.

Like I said later on in that post you quoted, it not being an insanely high note doesn’t mean it’s a note that’s easy to hit or one that’s designed for every voice to hit well even when it’s technically in range.

As long as Holly does her best, that’s all I ask of her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Queen Jackie Foster was the last to do this song on the show. The performance was derailed by Playoffs sound mixing in some parts, but overall she killed it. And yeah, she hit that big note before the last chorus.

She had the power and range for that song, great stage presence too. That high note is at least 50% of the song and she completely nailed it. 

Holly's style fits soft rock or pop ballads better.