The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Paris said something along the lines of…

“people who have been sleeping on Lana will be shown next week”

“she can do anything she wants to - she’s a beast” 

Now I'm excited to see her performance.

10 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Do Jim and Sasha have a background singing in church? If so, I would assume it would be hard for Sasha since he is trans. Of course not every church is like that, but a majority hold negative feelings towards people who are trans.

The church doctrines do but the attendees don't necessarily. I sing in the choir of a Catholic church and I 100 percent believe being transgender is legit. If bipolar disorder can be real so can gender dysphoria. I'd be surprised if anybody believes what a church teaches lock and step so if traditional don't like it then tough lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Well he’s not wrong though, no one can deny her vocal skills after her KO and Top 13 performances !

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This has me excited but I’m also keeping in mind that Paris hypes everyone up in his lives. He’s very sweet. 

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

if @Bk1234 manages to find them again lol

My friend said they were uploaded at 10:30pm EST, but they found them about an hour later when they were looking to see if Ryleigh already had a cover of “Rhiannon.”

I can’t promise they’ll be there this time, but if they are, expect me to post them around 11pm EST.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

You can be a religious person without needing to sing worship songs on national TV, that's why church services exist. People who are of non-Christian faiths manage it all the time. I still have yet to hear an Islamic, Jewish, Hindu etc song on the voice, despite those choirs also existing. 

Singing gospel is certainly authentic to who they are, singing it on the voice when you're trying to get votes, is also a form of pandering....unless you came on the Voice stating that your goal is to make Christian music (and then why are you on the voice, which is theoretically a secular TV show). 

But of course the reality is that NBC is pandering to the voting base, which is Christian middle America housewives, who apparently believe Christmas is being cancelled if someone says Happy Holidays to them. So they lean in hard on the Christmas and other Christian songs, and it seems a if the number of Christian songs on the voice increases every season. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 3

Addison was someone who sang a lot in church and they didn’t let her have a Christian song. Maybe Adam was the one standing in the way. The point is not everyone who wants to sing one is allowed to do so. 

Lauren Duski sang “Lord, I Hope This Day is Good” and it came off like a lead balloon. It was easily the worst reception for any of her performances on the show. That was definitely Blake’s idea. Like I said, mixed results. 

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

You can be a religious person without needing to sing worship songs on national TV, that's why church services exist. People who are of non-Christian faiths manage it all the time. I still have yet to hear an Islamic, Jewish, Hindu etc song on the voice, despite those choirs also existing. 

Singing gospel is certainly authentic to who they are, singing it on the voice when you're trying to get votes, is also a form of pandering....unless you came on the Voice stating that your goal is to make Christian music (and then why are you on the voice, which is theoretically a secular TV show). 

But of course the reality is that NBC is pandering to the voting base, which is Christian middle America housewives, who apparently believe Christmas is being cancelled if someone says Happy Holidays to them. So they lean in hard on the Christmas and other Christian songs, and it seems a if the number of Christian songs on the voice increases every season. 

I don’t recall what you said about Sundance singing “Me and Jesus.” What were your thoughts on that? Blake has a long history of playing the Jesus card on the show. 

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Oops, didn’t know that.

There are songs from majority Muslim countries of course, but there’s no equivalent to the hymns and worship songs that are part of a typical Christian church service.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, ikwonic said:

UGH praying Sasha convinces them to sing Taylor Swift or Doja Cat or something so Minivan sends them packing

I know i'm late but...

Imagine if they sing this one... 

Even if it is a Taylor's song, i don't think it matters. A father-son duo singing this? Minivan probably would eat it up :P

(This is also one of Sasha's favorite songs, btw :teeheewave:)

Edited by Gustavo527

I was just rewatching S12 and I know there's usually a screen next to where Carson reads. Back then, could the contestants see the graphic of Instant Save voting and already knew if they're going home or not before even Carson announced?

33 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

There are songs from majority Muslim countries of course, but there’s no equivalent to the hymns and worship songs that are part of a typical Christian church service.

This is not entirely accurate, here are a couple examples

Like in any religion there are differences in practice (but yes, it's not part of the service, then again neither is most CCM music) 

Edited by seak05

22 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I know i'm late but...

Imagine if they sing this one... 

Even if it is a Taylor's song, i don't think it matters. A father-son duo singing this? Minivan probably would eat it up :P 

(This is also one of Sasha's favorite songs, btw :teeheewave:)

YouTube won’t let me see it stateside, so I have no idea which Taylor song it is (but regardless of the song, I guarantee Sasha would be down to cover Taylor on the show if he could get his dad on board).

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

YouTube won’t let me see it stateside, so I have no idea which Taylor song it is (but regardless of the song, I guarantee Sasha would be down to cover Taylor on the show if he could get his dad on board).

Is this one 

In case you can't watch this one either, it's "Never Grown Up" from the album Speak Now 

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Is this one 

In case you can't watch this one either, it's "Never Grown Up" from the album Speak Now 

I figured that it was something off “Speak Now” if it was one of Sasha’s favorites considering his social media handles, thanks - and he has excellent taste since it’s one of my favorites off the album too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Whether or not there is any truth to this, I am not a fan the “journalism” that takes a few random peoples opinions on Reddit (or any other platform) and makes an article out of it.