The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Gwen and Ari in the same season but the contestants are exclusively Italian

Let's make it an All Stars season and bring back Marisa Corvo to get Ariana her first win  :wub:

Edited by AliXRose
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Gwen for Season 22? 🤞

On the one hand, I kinda don’t want her back so she can keep the focus on helping Carter post-win (and so her time on the show ends on a high note), but on the other, she usually ends up having my favorites on her team when she’s on the show and I’d expect TPTB to want a husband-vs-wife head-to-head deal with Blake and Gwen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

I just need Jhud to renew her contract. Respect is over and time to come back. Her seasons always bring the powerhouses and black excellence!! Hoping she’s back for S22🤞🏾🤞🏾

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jennifer-hudson-talk-show-ellen-degeneres-warner-bros-1235105375/

She COULD be back in their grasp pretty soon

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

During one of the virtual tapings I attended the warm up guy mentioned that the coaches usually sign on for two seasons at a time when someone was asking if Gwen would come back as a coach since she's only done one season since she signed another contract. Considering that guy has been with the show since the beginning I would consider him to be a reliable source about what the norm is.

So you thought he was hinting that Gwen would be back?

The two season thing doesn’t exactly track for her since she did 7, 9, 12, 17 and 19. It didn’t seem like she knew she would be back after 9 and I can’t imagine that 12 and 17 were part of the same contract. I thought that was last minute because of Adam. 

I also feel like Blake’s mom said something about 19 possibly being her last season. Not that things can’t change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jem128 said:

So you thought he was hinting that Gwen would be back?

The two season thing doesn’t exactly track for her since she did 7, 9, 12, 17 and 19. It didn’t seem like she knew she would be back after 9 and I can’t imagine that 12 and 17 were part of the same contract. I thought that was last minute because of Adam. 

I also feel like Blake’s mom said something about 19 possibly being her last season. Not that things can’t change. 

I think seasons seventeen and nineteen were her last two-season deal.  Season twelve was a one-season thing, because she was just there because they wanted Kelly for that season, but couldn't get her.

Gwen is more or less the "replacement coach," at this point, while they look for new coaches.  She loves doing the show, though, so I am sure she wouldn't mind coming back again if they asked her or needed her.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2

JHud is great, I just wish that artists from other genres would pick her more often, I feel like her teams have lacked variety because of that. 

And ngl Gwen disappointed me a bit on S19 with her extremely basic Top 2 (even if they were technically the best on POs night) But she always brings cool artists to the show which is the most important factor for me.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Daillon said:

JHud is great, I just wish that artists from other genres would pick her more often, I feel like her teams have lacked variety because of that. 

And ngl Gwen disappointed me a bit on S19 with her extremely basic Top 2 (even if they were technically the best on POs night) But she always brings cool artists to the show which is the most important factor for me.

Any regular season Carter and Ben would’ve been Gwen’s PVs and Payge would’ve been a lock for the save, but it is what it is.

JHud would be fun to see back if she’s willing to come back, since she and Kelly work well together in terms of “we’re competitive as hell but respect each other’s accomplishments” and she and Blake have more similar tastes than one might expect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

He is the epitome of Gwen bait. So is David.

So is Raine from last season.

Also, a Gwen season with Samuel/Raine/David all on her team? The absolute *chef’s kiss* levels of enjoyment I would’ve gotten from that lineup—

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Also, a Gwen season with Samuel/Raine/David all on her team? The absolute *chef’s kiss* levels of enjoyment I would’ve gotten from that lineup—

What I want from a Gwen season: Samuel Harness, David Vogel, Raine Stern

What I get: Carter Rubin and Ben Allen as her final 2

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Gwen brought it on S17, her team was fantastic, and she retained that fire for S19, but it was a shorter season, so it didnt allow for much time for her team to grow throughout the competition like on S17, and we all know she would have stuck with Payge on a normal season, because Ben was getting PV.

If she returns, hopefully she goes full S17 again.

• Like 4

The Gwen love is nice to see. I would like if she came back as well, she did well her most recent seasons.

But I need JHud's energy to come back too. So if we can replace John, please let it happen.

Blake - Gwen - JHud - Kelly

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Angeles said:

talking about representation, i cannot remember the last time they had an Indian contestant and didn't montage them. 

Moushumi was montaged in the battles, so does anyone remember the most recent Indian contestant who wasn’t montaged (or even the most recent Indian contestant in general??). I know we had Mathai in Season 3 and Juhi in Season 5, but that was ages ago. Also, has there ever been an Indian guy on the show?

11 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Moushumi was montaged in the battles, so does anyone remember the most recent Indian contestant who wasn’t montaged (or even the most recent Indian contestant in general??). I know we had Mathai in Season 3 and Juhi in Season 5, but that was ages ago. Also, has there ever been an Indian guy on the show?

Nvm.

Edited by Misirlou