The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

That kinda kills the excitement I had for her doing Aretha again. 

Aretha with a ballad was a breakout. Uptempo Aretha? Probably not gonna do much.

Yeah.

5 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Wendy said it is something fast that she can have fun with. 

My first thought was "Freeway of Love," but I hope it's something better for votes. Wendy calls the song "a fun one" in this video and sings it well, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jem128 said:

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Team Kelly performance was pre-recorded but Team Legend wasn’t? I wonder if next week only one of Ari/Blake’s team will be pre-recorded. 

Not enough time for changing stage props?

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I’m actually happy that she’s singing uptempo Aretha. It means we are not getting Natural Woman (thank god) and if her blind is any indication, she certainly knows how to slay something uptempo. My wig is not ready :wub:

This is what I thought. I think she did amazing with « We can work it out »

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

if Wendy’s doing a fun Aretha song, i’m thinking that maybe it could be Think… the song hasn’t been covered in a while, and i think she would do great with it!

It's the first song in this Aretha medley. She slays it of course, but it's likely to get "screamer" comments from this audience.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

1-F220-FA8-F689-414-D-93-E4-1-E40-CEE354

Oh wow Team Ariana got to experience Universal Studios late after last nights show. (Joan was there too lol) Did I actually read someone say Ariana is the worst coach?? pls

Pretty sure they were talking about Ariana's The Voice decision making as a coach, not about her as a person.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I’m actually happy that she’s singing uptempo Aretha. It means we are not getting Natural Woman (thank god) and if her blind is any indication, she certainly knows how to slay something uptempo. My wig is not ready :wub:

Oh, Wendy has no problem with uptempo. I just think she needs an emotional storytelling song to have a "moment" that helps her trajectory on the show.

9 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Wouldn’t mind Taylor but I feel she fits the same vain as Kelly

I would disagree. Kelly has experience in pop, pop-rock, and a bit of country. She also is a very strong technical vocalist. Whole Taylor also has experience in pop, I would argue that she has more experience in pop-country. Also, recently, she has sang folk, alternative, and indie music. And she has done a lot more songwriting than anybody else who is currently on the panel.

Wendy singing Aretha?! :spaz:

Doing an uptempo Aretha song will be perfect for Top 11 week. Something that she and her fans can enjoy it without feeling much pressure about the votes, considering that only one person is going home and also considering that there is still one more week before the semifinal, so she will still have room for a "breakout performance" later.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RTV said:

Oh, Wendy has no problem with uptempo. I just think she needs an emotional storytelling song to have a "moment" that helps her trajectory on the show.

The uptempo was probably happening at some point, and this is a good week for it imo. 

And at this point I’m not sure a storytelling song will give her a moment, based on Blue Bayou’s reception. 

• Like 2

Wendy will be fine either way, but I'm not sure untempo Aretha is the way to gain support. She'll slay it no matter what though.

Or she doesn't care on how far she goes and is just here for exposure, which is fine too I guess. Still think she's a lock for finale of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

The uptempo was probably happening at some point, and this is a good week for it imo. 

Ikr, if a contestant is gonna sing an uptempo, Top 11 is the perfect week for it.

On the contrary, doing an uptempo in the semifinal is like, the worst mistake ever. The best thing a contestant can do on that week is to sing a powerfull ballad with a strong emotional message. (If you sing gospel, it's probably gonna help a lot)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Wendy singing Aretha?! :spaz:

Doing an uptempo Aretha song will be perfect for Top 11 week. Something that she and her fans can enjoy it without feeling much pressure about the votes, considering that only one person is going home and also considering that there is still one more week before the semifinal, so she will still have room for a "breakout performance" later.

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And at this point I’m not sure a storytelling song will give her a moment, based on Blue Bayou’s reception. 

That's true. Next week is the best time for an uptempo performance. And since Wendy did "Ain't No Way" in the knockout round, it's good that "fans" chose this Aretha song.

57 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I completely agree. Wendy has performed two slower/ballad songs (3 if you count Ain’t No Way) in a row now so I was actually hoping her next song would be uptempo anyway so this is music to my ears.

Her blind proved she can kill uptempo and the judges/casual voters will eat it up. Kyla, Rose, etc. had uptempos sprinkled in on their run and were fine. She needs a “moment” song in the bloodbath, not now

• Like 2