The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

it's funny there was a whole thing a few years ago because Blake blocked Ariana from the top sales (not sales and streaming) album, and was #1 on itunes. But Blake and Ariana actually have expressed that they like each other's music, and Ariana likes Gwen...but their fanbases each hate the other 😛

Yeah, there was also the time when last year her and Luke Combs were neck to neck in sales (I don´t remember in which platform), and their fanbases kept throwing s**t at each other on Twitter. So Ariana´s fanbase and country don´t get along well lol, it will be interesting to see.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I just realized that getting tickets to a taping is going to be a complete clusterf___ with the Arianators in the mix.

Spoilers will be extremely plentiful, at least.

I think both Nick and John were announced as new coaches after tickets for Blinds were posted for their first season so it was less of problem for longer time fans of the show to have to fight their fan bases for tickets, but now Ariana's fans know months in advance.

And not even just young contestants, I can see Ariana appealing to older contestants as well, especially the "divas." Ali Caldwell, Sandyredd to name a few chose her songs during their run.  

Edited by joe14

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I mean it's a grammy winning pop song..but it definitely has Americana influences.

Joanna is a pop/americana record (nashville is not exclusively country). Gaga is great though I love her. The artist I would love to see on the voice who has done some country, and even more folk is P!nk. 

Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

• Confused 1

I nearly threw my phone when I saw the tweet, I’m both excited to see how this goes + curious how this is going to impact John and Kelly’s teams, since Ariana does a lot in the pop/R&B lanes.

I would’ve expected her as a mentor for battles/KOs over being a Nick replacement, but this is cool if unexpected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I nearly threw my phone when I saw the tweet, I’m both excited to see how this goes + curious how this is going to impact John and Kelly’s teams, since Ariana does a lot in the pop/R&B lanes.

I would’ve expected her as a mentor for battles/KOs over being a Nick replacement, but this is cool if unexpected.

John will be fine with pure R&B / Soul singers

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I don´t think Legend will be that impacted. She might take a couple of contestants from him, but Iike I said, R&B faithfulls will remain with him, particularly the older ones. He´ll be fine.

Kelly is the one who will have competition this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

I don´t think Legend will be that impacted. She might take a couple of contestants from him, but Iike I said, R&B faithfulls will remain with him, particularly the older ones. He´ll be fine.

Kelly is the one who will have competition this season.

Yeah, I’m less worried for John than Kelly, but it’s still something I’m curious to see play out on screen.

• Like 2