The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I still don’t buy it. Imagine a Paris win right after Cam. They are not going to let it happen.

Yeah, I'm sure that is not in TPTB's plans, but they have had things not go their way before.

I still think GNT will win, Wendy to a lesser extent. I have Paris as the possible 3rd option. I still dont think he has a shot at the win, but IF things play out well for him in the next two weeks like I said, I might actually start believing it.

For now, I think he can reach the finale.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, I'm sure that is not in TPTB's plans, but they have had things not go their way before.

I still think GNT will win, Wendy to a lesser extent. I have Paris as the possible 3rd option. I still dont think he has a shot at the win, but IF things play out well for him in the next two weeks like I said, I might actually start believing it.

But I feel like even when things haven’t gone their way, like S17 and S18, I still saw a narrative, if that makes any sense? (Kelly’s first win with a country guy and Blake’s first win in 5 seasons, respectively) I don’t see that with Paris.

He’s obviously a threat (if things go his way), but I think a big part of his appeal is how good he has been so far + song choices. We should wait to see his SM numbers when he gets something uptempo or not Minivan-friendly, or if he underperforms.

Edited by Daillon

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

But I feel like even when things haven’t gone their way, like S17 and S18, I still saw a narrative, if that makes any sense? (Kelly’s first win with a country guy and Blake’s first win in 5 seasons, respectively) I don’t see that with Paris.

He’s obviously a threat (if things go his way), but I think a big part of his appeal is how good he has been so far + song choices. We should wait to see his SM numbers when he gets something uptempo or not Minivan-friendly, or if he underperforms.

Yeah, things could definitely be prone to change depending on the week and performance. We'll see how his numbers hold up.

lul. This season is all about Wendy and GNT, the rest are fighting for a finale spot and that's it. 

- Theme of the season: "A group winning the show" (:shiftywave:

- Secondary/optional theme if things aren't going their way: "A Soul/R&B woman winning again since season 5"

15 minutes ago, echoap said:

Lana is way too high. Switch Hailey  with Jershika and put Lana below them, and it looks  more reasonable. 

Yeah I won’t be shocked if Lana is out this week but I hope she sticks around for a bit.  

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Caribbean Queen is on the way🤣

• Haha 1

I wouldn't discard a Paris win, though. The top 2 is very divisive. There's still the old comments of "it's the voice, not the voices" and "she's yelling, not singing". 

I feel like GNT has a triple chance to bomb live, they are going through a though time behind the cameras and their last performance wasn't well received (not enough to endanger them, but still). 

Wendy let the comments of "she screams" get to her head and I feel like a song that she has been doing since always, wasn't delievered in full strength. And it should have been a moment for her. Even though she took PV1, I feel like it was much more a "body of work" thing, than because of the performance, considering the numbers on Facebook. 

Paris is 100% a Dark Horse that appeals to Minivan and Casuals. If Wendy let a moment pass her by again or nerves get to GNT, I wouldn't discard a twist even if Paris underdeliver. 

In sum, the finale is already locked between Paris/Wendy/GNT, unless TPTB gives Paris an atheist metal song. If he would win, I woudn't bet against. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

GNT received more criticism on IDF than they did in Facebook :haha:

idk what it is lol….they still got praised so much after that perfomance. That had many odd moments… but hey so did other contestants that nightz

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

GNT received more criticism on IDF than they did in Facebook :haha:

But the fact that their video was up HOURS before Paris and still got surpassed in numbers, says a lot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Paris sang his #1 song for his Playoff performance, (which, tin foil hat time, TPTB did to ensure he'd get the PV over Peedy) we'll see how he does with something he's less comfortable with.

Giving someone their #1 song doesn’t mean they will automatically do well. An artist might have very unusual taste or simply pick bad competition songs. 

Someone who gigs a lot will be comfortable with all their choices, not just their first or second pick. Not to mention, we’re entering the part of the competition where the list is just for the IS. During the lives, any cleared song is fair game, at least as a suggested choice.

So far, GNT and Wendy have been alternating the respective episodes they've been in together

For the blinds, GNT opened, Wendy closed

For the KOs Wendy opened, GNT closed

And for the POs GNT opened, Wendy closed

Will the order perhaps keep going within the coming weeks? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

For the blinds, GNT opened, Wendy closed

For the KOs Wendy opened, GNT closed

And for the POs GNT opened, Wendy closed

wow, it's almost like they're the season's TCO's 😂

• Haha 14