The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I don't think Holly has had a "moment" yet for me. I really want her to have one though, because she has a really nice tone, she doesn't need all the high belty stuff.

I'd love to hear her sing "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I don't think Holly has had a "moment" yet for me. I really want her to have one though, because she has a really nice tone, she doesn't need all the high belty stuff.

I'd love to hear her sing "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles.

Same here

My Issue is that she started to lose steam and confidence after her KO Loss

1 minute ago, caburr1982 said:

Same here

My Issue is that she started to lose steam and confidence after her KO Loss

Could it be that maybe she just isn’t as good as IDF thought? Live shows have a tendency to expose these things. 

I agree the comment above that she should focus on tone, and minimize the belty stuff. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Could it be that maybe she just isn’t as good as IDF thought? Live shows have a tendency to expose these things. 

Also possibly the nerves of the Voice stage. She has some live performances on her FB where she hits high notes perfectly fine.

This performance of "All I Ask" is gorgeous:

https://www.facebook.com/hollyforbesmusic/videos/772921133154676/

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Also possibly the nerves of the Voice stage. She has some live performances on her FB where she hits high notes perfectly fine.

This performance of "All I Ask" is gorgeous:

https://www.facebook.com/hollyforbesmusic/videos/772921133154676/

Yeah, that’s pretty good. 

Maybe you’re right about the nerves. I think a lot of females come on the show, and they have lots of good video out there, but for whatever reason, it doesn’t transfer to The Voice stage. Some of it is how their voices project on a live broadcast, and every vocal flaw is magnified. I’ll submit Taryn Papa as an example. In that video you linked, Holly didn’t have to compete with bandzilla.  The fact that she’s doing something stripped down should help with that, at least for this week. 

• Like 1

The thing is, Holly had a fairly calm song on Monday, but didnt take advantage of it and ultimately the performance fell flat. I would atribute that to nerves, she said herself that she was a bit nervous up there.

She clearly can sing, but needs to shake up those nerves.

54 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Angel from Montgomery is originally from John Prine, turned popular by Bonnie Raitt. Just like Brandi Carlile, they are in the middle of what can be considered country-roots-americana-singersongwriter.

So it's basically a po-ta-to/po-tah-to trade, but I'd say Brandi is more competition-friendly. 

While I'm a Brandi fan, and Holly would do well with one of hers, I don't think Brandi is fairly called country and doubt Holly could be referring to her. I'd expect her to want a big song but there are too many potential choices.  I doubt the Tyler Childers song mentioned elsewhere is well enough known.  I'm done.

Libianca's latest IG post has this caption:

"I came in as a business woman for exposure. I came for real fans. I came to show the real me. I got it all. My strategy worked. I never came to win. I would’ve had to lose the real me doing that. Now I continue on with new strategies and exposure ideas. That’s what it means to be an independent artist. I do it all..always have. I set fire everywhere I go and authenticity always wins."

Edited by Dane Bautista
  • Like 21

4 minutes ago, Dane Bautista said:

"I came in as a business woman for exposure. I came for real fans. I came to show the real me. I got it all. My strategy worked. I never came to win. I would’ve had to lose the real me doing that. Now I continue on with new strategies and exposure ideas. That’s what it means to be an independent artist. I do it all..always have. I set fire everywhere I go and authenticity always wins."

caption of the year!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dane Bautista said:

That's a good mentality to go on this show with.

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

That's a good mentality to go on this show with.

Yes. I hope she enjoyed her time on the show and wish her good luck.

Incidentally, her caption disproves the theory that everyone comes on The Voice to win. The contestants and coaches realize that only one act per season will win. Most singers probably do it for the experience, contacts, and exposure. 

• Like 5

Just now, RTV said:

Yes. I hope she enjoyed her time on the show and wish her good luck.

Incidentally, her caption disproves the theory that everyone comes on The Voice to win. The contestants and coaches realize that only one act per season will win. Most singers probably do it for the experience, contacts, and exposure. 

At this point its clear that several of them come from exposure. The show lost its winning credibility a long time ago, so many really just come to expand their audience, learn from the coaches (mostly the vocal coaches rather than the TV ones, but still) and overall gain exposure. Plus they end up meeting fellow musicians whom they could collaborate after the show (See Pryor and Lee until today, obviously). 

I'm sure LiBianca got close with the contestants, but it was clear that she had her eyes on business first and foremost.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Dane Bautista said:

Wendy Williams Icon GIF by Stevie Loves You

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Dane Bautista said:

Libianca said "Out of my way peasants!"

Beyonce Knowles Queen GIF

Edited by Maxwell
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Dane Bautista said:

It hurts a little bit less now, I’m glad she got everything she wanted  👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dane Bautista said:

Well, if nothing else, I'm glad that she at least has a positive attitude about the whole thing.

But I'm still very happy she's gone.😋

1 minute ago, jem128 said:

Considering there is one next weekend too could they be prerecording the performances with the coaches?

That could be it.

Have they prerecorded team performances before? As far as I remember, they'd always perform live on the results shows.