The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

@VoiceTakeover890 congrats on graduation!

Question IDK if has been covered before by TPTB or in previous spoilers:

Say an artist does their blind, and one coach blocks another (ie, Kelly blocks Blake). Both of them turn, and a third coach attempts a block a block the fourth (ie, John blocking Ari). We know two coaches can't use their block on the same coach in one audition, since after Kelly blocked Blake for Kenzie, Nick was unable to block Blake, but could there be a multi-chair turn where more than one of the coaches are blocked?

Thank you!!!

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

@VoiceTakeover890 congrats on graduation!

Question IDK if has been covered before by TPTB or in previous spoilers:

Say an artist does their blind, and one coach blocks another (ie, Kelly blocks Blake). Both of them turn, and a third coach attempts a block a block the fourth (ie, John blocking Ari). We know two coaches can't use their block on the same coach in one audition, since after Kelly blocked Blake for Kenzie, Nick was unable to block Blake, but could there be a multi-chair turn where more than one of the coaches are blocked?

I've wondered the same! I wish it were a thing, but it seems not. 

3 hours ago, Harmat said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/get-first-look-new-voice-chairs-new-block-button-twist-141353656.html 

During the video (00:26 s), Carson says, 

“Only 1 block is allowed per audition.” 

So this scenario of a multi-chair multi-block audition is impossible.  

Thanks for digging through and finding this! 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

The Voice Australia had double blocks twice last season, but the rules are so different there (each coach got 2 blocks, and they could choose to hit the block button after they already turned the chair)

(just the first performance of course)

The Voice Australia is a whole other beast lmao, the drama last season was....... something only TVAU could attain

(Also, I keep seeing these videos like Elyse's in my recommended, they really love stirring the teapot for the titles and the thumbnails)

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 3

Hey all. I have a general doubt. Let's say the team size is 12. How many auditions usually does it take to fill up all the 48 spots? Because on TV they show only around 60. But that feels too quick to get them all filled up. In the UK version, they televise almost all the auditions and to fill 40 spots (10 per team) it took them around 90 contestants.

Any thoughts?

49 minutes ago, Voice fan said:

Hey all. I have a general doubt. Let's say the team size is 12. How many auditions usually does it take to fill up all the 48 spots? Because on TV they show only around 60. But that feels too quick to get them all filled up. In the UK version, they televise almost all the auditions and to fill 40 spots (10 per team) it took them around 90 contestants.

Any thoughts?

If you check out last season's thread, there were 14 no-chair turns. If you scale that up by 12/10, that's 16-17 no-chair turns (obviously with fluctuation per season), so approximately 64 people auditioning with some variation (if someone wants to check s19 and s18's threads, you can). 

2 hours ago, Voice fan said:

Any thoughts?

Last season was the first time we were able to do the math exactly (unless there was a missing name at taping 6, which I doubt since it had the most chair turners present).

So 54 people total auditioned (14 no chairs, of which 3 were not televised). But there were upwards of 16 other names that were still in LA. There was probably somebody else up after Ainae, plus a whole extra taping planned out afterwards.

In past seasons, I know one contestant said initially about 120 were flown out to LA, which was then cut down to about 90 lined up to perform in front of the coaches.

• Thanks 2

9 days until the first blinds taping, by the way. Not that we´ll get any spoilers due to it being done with a live audience, but we probably could be getting some potential clues after that week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

9 days until the first blinds taping, by the way. Not that we´ll get any spoilers due to it being done with a live audience, but we probably could be getting some potential clues after that week.

I’m working on the info and I didn’t even realize it was 9 days away :haha:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

I’m working on the info and I didn’t even realize it was 9 days away :haha:

I love your new avatar. 

Love Kermit

I found a good interview with Carson and Audrey Morrissey (Voice Showrunner) 

There nothing earth shattering but good to watch nonetheless.

One thing I pick up is in earlier season they used to have artist sing multiple song  in early live show and that was too much for some of them. And some made themself sick with having to learn multiple song so now they limit to 1 song per artist per episode, (except for the Finale). How I interpret this is they want to keep as many artists as long as possible since each artist only performs once. So the elimination is what it is.  Unfortunately we get less song per artist but they had to change it because it put too much pressure on some.

They said that Cam had a good strategy choosing Blake, on other team he might has been eliminated earlier. 

As expected the further you go into the show the more thing you are allowed to do. Early on they keep it as simple as possible then up the stage as they progress.

On the artist part Carson mention that he believe that the stories carries the show more than the talent. So they consciously keep reminding us he only 13, 14 ,16 or whatnot. Also before life they may film 20 minute conversation and only 45 sec aired on TV so I believe that one reason we keep hearing the he so young since they select which part to air and put emphasis on the stories.

They are also well aware that the Coach is the main attraction of the show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Dany said:

I found a good interview with Carson and Audrey (Voice Showrunner) 

There nothing earth shattering but good to watch nonetheless.

One thing I pick up is in earlier season they used to have artist sing multiple song  in early live show that that was too much for some of them. And some got sick with having to learn multiple song so now they limit to 1 song per artist per episode, (except for the Finale). How I interpret this is they want to keep as many artist as long as possible since each artist only perform once. So the elimination is what it is.  Unfortunately we get less song per artist but they had to change it because it put too much pressure on some.

They said that Cam had a good strategy choosing Blake, on other team he might has been eliminated earlier. 

As expected the further you go into the show the more thing you are allowed to do. Early on they keep it as simple as possible then up the stage as they progress.

On the artist part Carson mention that he believe that the stories carries the show more than the talent. So they consciously keep reminding us he only 13, 14 ,16 or whatnot. Also before life they may film 20 minute conversation and only 45 sec aired on TV so I believe that one reason we keep hearing the he so young since they select which part to air and emphasis on the stories.

They are also well aware that the Coach is the main attraction of the show.

Off-topic, but does anyone else find Carson to be so boring? 😴 Ryan Seacrest is WAY better and it’s not even close. :haha:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Off-topic, but does anyone else find Carson to be so boring? 😴 Ryan Seacrest is WAY better and it’s not even close. :haha:

I lowkey think they’re equal?🤣 idk but I know Carson has like this dry humor type of thing going on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I lowkey think they’re equal?🤣 idk but I know Carson has like this dry humor type of thing going on

Maybe it’s what the Voice has him saying, but I feel that Carson is so robotic. :haha:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Lmaooo maybe, but Carson is a waaay nicer person IMO 👀 But I agree that sometimes he looks like he doesn't give a single f*ck about what's going on lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Lmaooo maybe, but Carson is a waaay nicer person IMO 👀 But I agree that sometimes he looks like he doesn't give a single f*ck about what's going on lmao

yessss like at points he just wants to go home cause he has to wait for artists and coaches to be done talking to move on

I'm curious, how many of you are old enough to remember and/or watch when Carson hosted TRL and other MTV shows? To this day it still cracks me up that he hosts The Voice because he was always "too cool for school" and stuck up about Idol and the other shows like that in those early years... including with Kelly early on. To be fair, he wasn't alone with that attitude at that time, but it's still so funny to me and for him and Kelly to be as good of friends as they are now makes me happy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:59 PM, Someone648 said:

In past seasons, I know one contestant said initially about 120 were flown out to LA, which was then cut down to about 90 lined up to perform in front of the coaches.

Out of curiosity, do you know how they make this cut?

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Out of curiosity, do you know how they make this cut?

I think the producers make the decisions based on fit for the season. For example, if there are too many female country singers (basically, more than one or two), they send a few home. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think the producers make the decisions based on fit for the season. For example, if there are too many female country singers (basically, more than one or two), they send a few home. 

Oh ok. I feel bad for all the contestants who go there only to be sent home. :( 

51 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh ok. I feel bad for all the contestants who go there only to be sent home. :( 

Maybe they get brought back for another season, but not always. They all have to clear several hurdles before getting a shot in front of the coaches. Well, maybe the recruited ringers don’t have to clear quite as many. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 6:50 AM, TeamAudra said:

how did we end up with like 15 country singers in S16 lmao

7 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

That´s probably what they wanted. They knew they were having the Cross Battles, where Blake´s contestants would be triumpant, so they went ahead and recruited the most Minivan friendly team he could possibly have had.

I remember the promos always referencing that John was taking on the country king that season. They were always aiming for a John vs Blake showdown, with the new coach winning, and they got it. Kelly was just filler that season and Adam was there to be humilliated.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Too many male country singers is OK with TPTB, because that’s what the audience likes. You referenced S16. There were 8 male and 3 female country singers who turned chairs. None of the females made it past the playoffs, and FIVE male country singers made it to the semi-finals. 

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic