The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Nah.  Ariana's very attentive to her social media.  No question that she's seen the "holy trinity" remarks and knows that her fanbase wants Bella, Ryleigh, and Holly as her top three.  Unless she's really stupid, the one of those three who doesn't get voted through right away will get her save.  Jim & Sasha will almost certainly be in the Wildcard, though, which would leave Raquel screwed.

Ariana tends to get caught up in her emotions so I think she still would save a father and son duo over anyone else

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What if one of them goes off the rails during their performance? Would she still be “really stupid” to not save them? 

I definitely think it’s possible for one of them to flop or get bussed in playoffs, so I’m not sure how this will go. There is usually someone that is predicted to do well that ends up flopping live or getting a bad song choice, and underdogs sometimes have one of the best of the team and get rewarded (whether by PV or even coach saves). Team Gwen in S17 is probably the best example because the two contestants that seemed to have the lowest chances both made it by having good songs, and multiple more popular contestants ended up flopping

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

Ariana tends to get caught up in her emotions so I think she still would save a father and son duo over anyone else

Idk… her confessionals about Ryleigh seem more convincing than Jim n Sasha’s. She knows Ryleigh has a good shot at being mainstream and making it in the industry. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

https://instagram.com/stories/voiceglam/2700765946493837735?utm_medium=copy_link

Seems like The Voice makeup department gifted these to the contestants? So they’re gonna be doing their makeup themselves? Hmmm

They did the same thing the last few seasons, since Covid. The makeup artists teach the contestants how to do their makeup via zoom. The contestants then basically do their own makeup, and come to the voice makup artists for finishing touches. As part of the shows covid protocols they had a 15 minute max contact time between contestants and makeup artists. I guess they're still doing it the same way. 

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Sasha has laryngitis 😢

Damn. Hope he gets better in time to perform. 

That's another thing, vocal health aspects could affect contestants and have the worst of timings. Some can fight through them and succeded, but others don't.

Hoping for the best on their performance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

That probably means no rehearsals for him between now and Monday. Chevel had Laryngitis the week of the finale, and they held her out of rehearsals. 

Ah, but she still crushed it to the point that no one even seemed to notice.

I don't see Sasha pulling off that same feat.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ah, but she still crushed it to the point that no one even seemed to notice.

I don't see Sasha pulling off that same feat.

She didn’t even mention it until a couple interviews recently. She even went to the doctor during the week. I find it astonishing that she was able to pull it off. 

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She didn’t even mention it until a couple interviews recently. She even went to the doctor during the week. I find it astonishing that she was able to pull it off. 

Vocalists like her and Maelyn(Semis week) will slay despite the obstacles. It separates the karaoke singers, from the professional artists. 

• Like 1

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Vocalists like her and Maelyn(Semis week) will slay despite the obstacles. It separates the karaoke singers, from the professional artists. 

They are so determined that they do everything humanly possible to overcome it. The fact that she didn’t even mention it until more than two years after the finale says a lot. We’ve seen Kelly perform sick on the show too. No excuses!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It depends on the severity of the laryngitis. If it’s bad, you’re not singing, doesn’t matter how good a singer you generally are. That said, the contestants also get a steroid shot day, which helps

Sasha at least is aware he’s supposed to be on vocal rest, and hopefully having his dad there to hold him accountable to following that advice will make him actually follow it.

Clearly not ideal vocal circumstances, but it is what it is and worst case scenario they rearrange a few parts of the song last minute so the live performance focuses more on Jim’s vocals (assuming that’s allowed at this point).

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It depends on the severity of the laryngitis. If it’s bad, you’re not singing, doesn’t matter how good a singer you generally are. That said, the contestants also get a steroid shot day, which helps

Yeah, but rehearsing is kind of important, and they get put on forced vocal rest. There has to be some element of mental toughness to overcome that adversity and still perform well. Sasha should just focus on what he can control at this point. 

19 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It's just a schedule she wrote out

It's actually Bekah's journal.  She has commented many times in interviews that she is keeping a journal and has IG stories of it.  It's her handwriting 🙂

• Thanks 1

Well, I'm thinking that Paris could possibly sneak in and snatch one of Blake's public votes after seeing the progress of his and Jershika's Knockout on Facebook.  Even with the one-week headstart, every single Knockout pairing from the first week of Knockouts has been passed by them.  Even Jonathan and Wendy.

And I'm still firmly on the train that thinks that, unless she implodes or collapses spectacularly on Monday, Bella will be a lock for one of Ariana's public votes.  Her and Katherine's Knockout has zoomed past every first-week Knockout, too, with the exception of Jonathan and Wendy.  And even then, it's within possibly a day, if not mere hours, of passing it up, as well.

Only Hailey G. and LiBianca's leaked Knockout is still leading the pack of all of the Knockouts, and that's for obvious reasons.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, but rehearsing is kind of important, and they get put on forced vocal rest. There has to be some element of mental toughness to overcome that adversity and still perform well. Sasha should just focus on what he can control at this point. 

It’s definitely less then ideal, and impressive to overcome. Just pushing back on the idea that good singers overcome it, and mediocre singers don’t. If you have bad laryngitis on Monday, you’re not going to sound good regardless. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4