The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, jus.willy said:

Raquel saying she’s usually uptempo and that people are always bashing her for not doing slower songs. But she said “slow Raquel” is coming.

That didn't work out so well for Anatalia Villaranda.  She spent the entire pretaped portion of the show doing uptempo songs, so by the first time she did a slower song, she was gone.

I could see the same fate befalling Raquel.

44 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Arianas interview on The Voice. She talks more about her teams groupchat and how they live text each during episodes.

Jimmy: make Ariana win, please everybody

Ariana: it's make them win

:wub:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jus.willy said:

Ugh Jhud needs to come back!!

Wasn't there a post that said someone from her team hinted that she didn't take care of her team very well? From what I saw, she seemed like such an entertaining coach but I'd rather have coaches who are less fun but take care of their contestants well. After all, I think this show should be more about the contestants and not the coaches. 

13 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So far these are the clues we have:

• Ryleigh said her next performance will be one  the most "her" performances she has done. She described it as " a challenge" and "hopes she can pull it off"
  • Lana is doing something sassy/fun/upbeat.
  • Shadale is going for a song in which she connects with the story and is "dramatic"
  • David's last post was captioned "practicing for my first live performance" and he had his guitar. I'm assuming he'll use it.

Adding to this, apparently we're getting slow Raquel next week. Likely a ballad for her.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angeles said:

i don't know if this has been asked or confirmed, but are we getting studios today?

We tend to get them Monday morning, then we spend the day guessing how the performances will go based on the studios, and we're almost always wrong lol.

I don't believe a lot of people expected Zae to flop, or Cam to have the moment he needed to beat Kenzie, solely based on the studios. Zae's sounded like a moment, and Cam's was a bit underwhelming imo. Just goes to show how different things can be when performing live.

• Like 2

Have you guys noticed there are like 0 indie girls this season? The closest was Kaitlyn Velez and she was eliminated in the battles.

Lexi Stojack could've been if she had performed better in the blinds.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Have you guys noticed there are like 0 indie girls this season? The closest was Kaitlyn Velez and she was eliminated in the battles.

This season is pop/R&B/Soul dominated.

No indie girls, no country males, no rock artists (I'd say David and Samuel are probably the closest ones but they are too pop/alternative to be considered fully rock, and Hailey G is gone).

We have two folk acts, and they happen to be groups.

We had a jazz crooner, but TPTB threw him away the first chance they got.

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

What about LiBianca?

16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

What about LiBianca?

Her name came up while I was thinking, but I think her style is very much more RnB-infused than the typical Voice "indie girl" like Amy Vachal, Cami Clune, Christiana Danielle, Zan Fiskum, etc.

edit: Think H.E.R., Jhene Aiko, or Jazmine Sullivan, that's who LiBianca reminds me of.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

What about LiBianca?

I think she is alternative R&B/soul. 

EDIT: I would be ecstatic if we got a few more artists like her next season. She is one of the only artists of her type that I can think of from the past few seasons.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1

Also, I would really like Taylor Swift to be a coach. She has sang country, pop, and recently has sung more alternative/indie/folk. She would bring something new to the show due to her recent folk singing plus she is a singer-songwriter. In fact, I think she is different enough from Kelly, John, and Blake for her to be a coach with them.

It would also be cool if we got a more alternative/rock leaning coach.