The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

PV is very unlikely for her, and I’m not optimistic about a CS either. 

Why do you say this? Blake goes for diversity within the genres. Wendy is for sure getting a PV. Which leaves one spot for it. Peedy has barely gotten any screen time plus many people, based on FB comments, are tired of the young Elvis impersonation. Libianca occupies the same lane as Wendy and Paris is a steal and also sings R&B/Soul. If Lana does not make it his team is not that diverse.

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Lana is a woman and defeated Carson, Minivan is holding a grudge against her. Unless if she brought a 10/10 country ballad, she's going to need the CS or WC.(and she said her next performance is upbeat)

If Wendy also goes country this round, Lana is doomed.

Lol there are many comments on their FB performance that they were rooting for Carson but they agreed with Blake that she did amazing and deserved it. Over exaggerating with the word “grudge”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gabe0101 said:

Libianca occupies the same lane as Wendy

in what way? 

p.s.: I'm not totally discounting Lana, I like her a decent amount and I think she definitely has a chance at the coach save

• Like 2

Just now, gabe0101 said:

Why do you say this? Blake goes for diversity within the genres. Wendy is for sure getting a PV. Which leaves one spot for it. Peedy has barely gotten any screen time plus many people, based on FB comments, are tired of the young Elvis impersonation. Libianca occupies the same lane as Wendy and Paris is a steal and also sings R&B/Soul. If Lana does not make it his team is not that diverse.

S9, S15 and especially S16 would like to differ.

Back to S21, the 2nd Blake PV is up for grabs still (except for LiBianca, Minivan clearly doesnt like her).

Lana is doing something upbeat. Not the type of song that gets you votes in playoffs typically, but she could surprise depending on what is the song and how she performs.

If Peedy brings Elvis for the 4th time in a row, it could go either way. Its clear that some people love it, and some are clearly tired of it. He's actually very polarizing, could go either way. If he changes it up and does a ballad, it will put his voice to the test.

I've seen some country songs suggested for Paris on SM that he could actually nail. I would love for him to go that direction, but we'll see. He needs a bluesy ballad, where he can showcase the rasp and runs. I actually trust him to deliver live, he has a lot of experience as well. I'm still thinking about how he and Jershika are the most reacted KO of the season on FB despite being uploaded last. That has to mean something.

Song choice+ performance = Doubt solvers.

Bella won over 10k followers since monday. I wonder if she can beat 50k before the playoffs. That would be pretty big by The Voice standards. Her last posts have over 20/30k likes so it seems like her followers are engaging well w her posts.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Back to S21, the 2nd Blake PV is up for grabs still (except for LiBianca, Minivan clearly doesnt like her).

Lana is doing something upbeat. Not the type of song that gets you votes in playoffs typically, but she could surprise depending on what is the song and how she performs.

If Peedy brings Elvis for the 4th time in a row, it could go either way. Its clear that some people love it, and some are clearly tired of it. He's actually very polarizing, could go either way. If he changes it up and does a ballad, it will put his voice to the test.

I've seen some country songs suggested for Paris on SM that he could actually nail. I would love for him to go that direction, but we'll see. He needs a bluesy ballad, where he can showcase the rasp and runs. I actually trust him to deliver live, he has a lot of experience as well. I'm still thinking about how he and Jershika are the most reacted KO of the season on FB despite being uploaded last. That has to mean something.

Song choice+ performance = Doubt solvers.

Currently, I’d bet on Paris of the three since Peedy is more polarizing than I expected and Lana’s going upbeat, but without knowing what the three of them are singing, anything’s possible.

That said, if the second PV goes to Peedy or Lana, Paris’s best shot of advancing is the WC since Blake normally doesn’t save his steals. The only way I can see him getting the save is if all three of the OG Blake members not named Wendy flop but one of them still advances via the second PV slot.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

“Taking on tour” means that they are an opening act for all or a substantial number of the shows. Only Kelly has done that with Brynn.

Blake, Adam and now John, have had team members perform at one-off shows, usually a home town stop. Of course Blake owns the Ole Red venues as well, and most of his singers end up there eventually.

I'm sure the contestants appreciate any opportunity to perform at Blake's shows and at Ole Red.

Blake currently has four Ole Red restaurants. A fifth Ole Red is opening at the Nashville International Airport in 2022. His team members perform at the venues, but so do contestants from other teams.

To name a few who have performed in 2021:

Emily Anne Roberts (Team Blake) opened for Blake at Mohegan Sun Arena on 10/22/21 and performs at Ole Red Gatlinburg

Kenzie Wheeler (Team Kelly) Ole Red Tishomingo on October 23 and Ole Red Nashville on October 7

Andrew Sevener (Team Blake) Ole Red Nashville on September 27

Pete Mroz and Jordan Matthew Young (Team Blake) Ole Red Tishomingo on August 14

Jake Hoot (Team Kelly) Ole Red Tishomingo on April 2

Ian Flanigan (Team Blake) Ole Red Tishomingo on February 20

Taryn Papa (Team Blake) performs regularly at Ole Red Nashville and was the "Featured Voice Artist" at Ole Red Gatlinburg on September 24

Bailey Rae (Team John) Ole Red Tishomingo

Sara Collins (Team Kelly) Ole Red Gatlinburg

Ole Red hosted a "Happy Birthday America" bash this year with live events featuring Taryn Papa, Gracee Shriver, Brennley Brown, The Swon Brothers, RaeLynn, Todd Tilghman, Ricky Duran, and Jake Hoot in Nashville; Brennley Brown, Sara Collins, Gracee Shriver, and Todd Tilghman in Gatlinburg; Kirk Jay and Worth the Wait in Orlando; and Todd Tilghman in Tishomingo.

Laine Hardy (season 17 winner of American Idol) played a pop-up show at Ole Red Nashville on September 14.

Lauren Alaina had a release show at Ole Red Nashville on September 7.

Colin Reed sold Blake on the Ole Red proposition by calling it a music venue instead of a restaurant.

On 03/22/18, Blake said on Facebook Live:

I've been able to introduce some of the contestants from The Voice — Lauren Duski played, I had The Swon Brothers, trying to get Red Marlow booked in there right now — and that's never going to end. We need those kids and those kids need a place to go and continue to work on their craft. It just makes sense for me to put 'em in my venue. Hopefully, once we get [Ole Red Nashville] up and running, it can even be more of that because a lot of those contestants that end up on my team, they're in Nashville anyway. So we can have a home for them here, a place for them to play and make a little money and, more importantly, work on their craft in front of an audience.

Blake celebrated the grand opening of Ole Red Nashville on 06/06/18. The all-star guest lineup included Kelly Clarkson, Trace Adkins, Lauren Alaina, Hunter Hayes, Jon Pardi, Darius Rucker, Dan + Shay, Little Big Town, Devin Dawson, Chris Janson, Michael Ray, Clint Boyer, RaeLynn, and Kyla Jade.

Blake and a few of his former team members performed at Ole Red Nashville on 11/14/19. Craig Wayne Boyd, Dallas Caroline, Emily Anne Roberts, Jackie Verna, Kyla Jade, Michael Austin, RaeLynn, Reagan Strange, Red Marlow, Sundance Head, and others attended the event.

Blake told Country Now on 04/21/21:
When I moved to Nashville...really, the only gigs I could get performing were songwriter nights. Well, I wasn't a hit songwriter, so I was kinda just stuck in the middle there. I wanted to be a country singer. There wasn't really a place for me.
For new artists that are completely unknown, to experience this kind of production and be shown in this light, and showcase what they do in the best possible way — it's priceless, you know?
That was what interested me about being part of this, is the opportunity it gives for new up and coming talent.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Bella won over 10k followers since monday. I wonder if she can beat 50k before the playoffs. That would be pretty big by The Voice standards. Her last posts have over 20/30k likes so it seems like her followers are engaging well w her posts.

Yup I believe she’s on track to go having the fastest and most ig following growth of the season. She is followed by Sasha 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Lana made country-pop the whole show, I doubt the playoffs are the exception. I don't know much about the genre, but I guess some current singer.

Kacey have upbeat / fun songs? 

Or, if she wants to go more pop than country: 

There are more options, but since these are singles, they are the most obvious ones

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would not want any contestant I cared about to get that song, but it might be fun to see it attempted. 

Oh yeah. One of my favorites from the album but I definitely struggle to imagine it performed successfully on the show.

That being said... Lana if you're reading this and this is actually end up getting, you got this! ;)

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, gabe0101 said:

I don't want to assume anything but... :stealth:

(I love High Horse btw, a cover of it on The Voice would be cool)

31 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don't want to assume anything but... :stealth:

I feel like saying LiBianca and Wendy are in the same lane is like saying Cami Clune and Alisan Porter share the same lane because they're both white women.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Lana said she's doing something sassy/fun/upbeat for her next performance.

Could a Shania Twain song fit the bill (Sassy, Upbeat, Corss over)?

• Like 1