The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

A list of the people the one member of the Minivan demographic I know (my mom) remembered after seeing them onscreen tonight:

Holly (“Rocket Man lady”)

Shadale

Joshua

David (“Jesus Christ Superstar hair guy”)

Girl Named Tom

Gymani

Wendy (“lady who’s been singing for a long time”)

Peedy (“Elvis guy”)

Paris (“he’s the Navy vet right?”)

She sort of remembered Hailey, Jeremy, Lana (“she’s got Loretta Lynn hair”), and LiBianca, too but those was fuzzier.

Considering she missed all three episodes of Knockouts and most of the battles, I’m shocked she got more than a few of them without extra prompting from me.

• Haha 6

At this point, there's a "protagonist" or "main character" per team, someone that TPTB has focused on the most in terms of good edits and screentime.

Wendy fills that role on Team Blake.

GNT for Team Kelly

Samuel for Team Legend

Bella for Team Ariana I think. (Holly might be her main horse, but she has been surprisingly out of focus in the pre-lives, she has actually had the least amount of screentime on Team Ari alongside Jim and Sasha)

Katie Rae has also gotten a lot of focus and screentime, more than a lot of people who I think might advance further.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I forgot that Paris was a Navy Vet. Hope that helps him in the voting, especially if he needs the WC

Yeah, I legit forgot as well. If they play this up during Monday's episode, it very well might resonate with Blake's base. Other then LiBianca, who will definitely need the CS or she's toast, I can make an argument for everyone on Blake's team to get PV (and an argument against...although I'd be shocked if Wendy doesn't get one of them)

At this point, Wendy is safe for TB. Minivan will likely still criticize her next week, but will vote her in nonetheless.

The 2nd PV might be a bit trickier, so here are some pro/cons cases I could make about them.

Peedy

Pros: Has his own lane, throwback act, knows how to entertain a crowd.

Cons: I'm honesty a bit doubtful of him singing live. Some notes in yesterday's KO were not good at all, and people might get tired of the Elvis thing. (He got more criticism last night than ever before, plus mediocre stats)

Lana

Pros: Blake's only country singer, so she has her lane as well.

Cons: Having beat Carson, and we know Minivan doesnt really dig country females. Also, if Wendy goes country, she is screwed.

LiBianca

Pros: For PV, nothing, but she's likely getting the save, so she's technically the 2nd most likely to make it past the playoffs atm.

Cons: Having beat Hailey, and her style is just not Minivan friendly.

Paris

Pros: Insane FB stats yesterday (his KO with Jershika surpassed GNT/Holly on reacts, becoming the 2nd most reacted KO of the season despite being uploaded yesterday), he can definitely go to the more soulful country side and keep them interested, and he is a Navy bet, which doesnt hurt.

Cons: He is a steal, so he wont count on Blake to the rescue if he needs it, and S21 is an R&B fest, so it would be smart to go to the more country side of things to stand out. 

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

i don't think there were as many great KO's as last season, and there were more bad ones this season than the last.

To be fair, there were more KOs this time around, so obviously there's more chances for some subpar ones.

I will say the first week was great, and we had some solid ones yesterday, including one of the best KO matches ever on the show (in my opinion), so I'll say the KOs delivered for me.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sid Dean said:

Is the comeback artist straight moving on to the top 13 or performed in live playoffs? Assume if Vaughn gets the vote then its completely unfair because he skipped knockout and playoffs. This comeback stage should only include knockout artists.

They will compete in the Playoffs IS on Tuesday, so no not automatically, however they do skip Monday performance night.

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

To be fair, there were more KOs this time around, so obviously there's more chances for some subpar ones.

I will say the first week was great, and we had some solid ones yesterday, including one of the best KO matches ever on the show (in my opinion), so I'll say the KOs delivered for me.

Week 2 last season was better than Week 2 this season. Pretty much everyone that advanced in that episode was great. 

13 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Some great ones (GNT’s KO is magical), but not quite as good as last season. Still better than some other seasons.

Last season was also one of the best seasons in terms of Knockouts (a high percentage were really good), but there were still a bunch here that were really good. Not many game changers really happened (partially because all of the potential game changers were on the same team)

1 minute ago, echoap said:

GNT doing ABBA sounds mandatory, but sadly, I couldn't find any previous ABBA performances on the show. Maybe these songs aren't included in the show's list? :unsure:

We’re just gonna have to totally disagree on this. That would be a bus. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

GNT doing ABBA sounds mandatory, but sadly, I couldn't find any previous ABBA performances on the show. Maybe these songs aren't included in the show's list? :unsure:

There have been plenty of Fleetwood Mac and Bob Dylan performances on the show, and those artists are right up their alley and Minivan likes them

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We’re just gonna have to totally disagree on this. That would be a bus. 

I dunno, they already have an ABBA Mashup included in their set and is not bad at all :unsure:

Edited by echoap

16 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

There have been plenty of Fleetwood Mac and Bob Dylan performances on the show, and those artists are right up their alley and Minivan likes them

Yeah, I'm checking their YouTube page rn and they have a lot, and I mean A LOT of Minivan friendly options. 

Edited by echoap