The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Nah I don’t see them letting Blake win again for a 2nd time in a row

They’re not going to let him, it’s just going to happen. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I'm fine with him winning again, I just want a season without Blake having more than one person in the finale 😭😭😭 

I'm fine with it if my favorite comes from Team Blake :haha:, it's been too long w/ my favorite just missing the finale (this is a cry for help)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I'm fine with it if my favorite comes from Team Blake :haha:, it's been too long w/ my favorite just missing the finale (this is a cry for help)

Same. Since S18, my favorite has missed the finale. ❤️

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Nope. I’m expecting a Kennedy situation. I’d be shocked if she won this season. Plus, she’s a rookie coach, I don’t expect anything extraordinary (but, I’d love to be surprised.) They gave Nick JOANNA, the best vocalist of the season, and he dropped her. :lmao: They gave him TStorm and he still couldn’t win, even with the pimping. This is the perfect season for Blake and Kelly to pull a surprise win. If I had to guess, it’s Blake’s season again.

A few comments on this:

1. Roderick had a great performance here; I can see why Nick chose him. Going off of all performances and thinking of strategy, Joanna may have been a better pick, but iirc you're against the idea of picking based on previous rounds, anyway.

2. I have wondered if the 2x steal (once in the battles, once in the knockouts) is something that the producers do to weaken a contestant's power, particularly a contestant who was unexpectedly good, who may throw a wrench in their plans. I wonder if Joanna was a threat to another contestant, and if so, who it was. Overall, this would imply that Nick didn't drop Joanna, but instead the producers made him heavily suggested he did.

3. Perhaps they'll try to push for an Ariana win to keep the Arianators watching? Ariana stans are a HUGE group, and if they can manage to get an Ariana win the first season, then I think it'll capture more viewers for the next season. Ariana is, after all, at least in part, a grab to get more viewers and more money. In the end, this tactic may not work, but they can always just ~alter~ a few votes), and voila, Ariana wins! I think that if they push hard enough, they can ensure Ariana gets the win - with the right contestant. Kennedy was not the right contestant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

A few comments on this:

1. Roderick had a great performance here; I can see why Nick chose him. Going off of all performances and thinking of strategy, Joanna may have been a better pick, but iirc you're against the idea of picking based on previous rounds, anyway.

2. I have wondered if the 2x steal (once in the battles, once in the knockouts) is something that the producers do to weaken a contestant's power, particularly a contestant who was unexpectedly good, who may throw a wrench in their plans. I wonder if Joanna was a threat to another contestant, and if so, who it was. Overall, this would imply that Nick didn't drop Joanna, but instead the producers made him heavily suggested he did.

3. Perhaps they'll try to push for an Ariana win to keep the Arianators watching? Ariana stans are a HUGE group, and if they can manage to get an Ariana win the first season, then I think it'll capture more viewers for the next season. Ariana is, after all, at least in part, a grab to get more viewers and more money. In the end, this tactic may not work, but they can always just ~alter~ a few votes), and voila, Ariana wins! I think that if they push hard enough, they can ensure Ariana gets the win - with the right contestant. Kennedy was not the right contestant.

1. Joanna won that imo. She stood out more and both were good and at the same level in that instance to the point where a strategic decision would have been welcomed. John dropping her made no sense imo :ph34rwave:, but it’s better that she got off that team. 
3. They are a huge group, but we’ll just have to wait and see how many will vote. They could pull a S12 and change the votes though (jk, jk…) I thought Kennedy was the perfect contestant. Young, crazy talented, a four-chair…

Edited by Bk1234

52 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

A 4-chair indie girl who chooses Blake from the get go so there's no "I'm loyal to my OG" bullcrap, PLEASE !!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

1. Joanna won that imo. She stood out more and both were good and at the same level in that instance to the point where a strategic decision would have been welcomed. John dropping her made no sense imo :ph34rwave:, but it’s better that she got off that team. 
3. They are a huge group, but we’ll just have to wait and see how many will vote. They could pull a S12 and change the votes though (jk, jk…) I thought Kennedy was the perfect contestant. Young, crazy talented, a four-chair…

Kennedy chose the wrong coach since Minivan didn’t love JHud. 

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

A 4-chair indie girl who chooses Blake from the get go so there's no "I'm loyal to my OG" bullcrap, PLEASE !!

Please, please. 🥺🤞

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Angeles said:

Kennedy chose the wrong coach since Minivan didn’t love JHud. 

And that could be the case with a contestant choosing Ariana. 😢

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Really lmao ? Her only competition for PV would've been CammWess and she had a shot to take him down imo. If not John would've saved Mandi (since Joanna defeated Zan in the KO and she's not on his team in this scenario) and Joanna would've got the WC ... and eventually lost it cause team Legend. Nevermind you were actually right :stealth:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I would automatically stan because of that strategic thinking. 🥰

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

And that could be the case with a contestant choosing Ariana. 😢

Also, the sad truth is that Kennedy is black, making harder for her to win. If Ari gets a (white) teen pop singer as her TCO, then she could possibly win. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Also, the sad truth is that Kennedy is black, making harder for her to win. If Ari gets a (white) teen pop singer as her TCO, then she could possibly win. 

That + JHud is probably the least popular coach to ever be on The Voice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

when she brought so much charisma to the panel🥲

She and Kelly were the dream team! I miss her shoe throwing (and when she gave one of her shoes to Kelly after Kelly Bugs' slayage)!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

She and Kelly were the dream team! I miss her shoe throwing (and when she gave one of her shoes to Kelly after Kelly Bugs' slayage)!

Lmaooo I CAN'T -

By the way I looove that performance ! And I agree that JHud + Kelly were FIRE ! One of the best coach chemistries

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Well I’m sure getting dropped by two coaches (when imo, she should’ve won) didn’t help with that… :(

Much like Taryn. Losing that battle put her into a tailspin. She was definitely robbed, though. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Much like Taryn. Losing that battle put her into a tailspin. She was definitely robbed, though. 

Yeah, she should’ve won that (no shade to WTW though, both acts deserved to move on.)

Edited by Bk1234

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

That + JHud is probably the least popular coach to ever be on The Voice.

Kennedy had bad song choices and JHud holding her back. If at least one was removed, she'd made the finale and possibly won. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Has there ever been a rapper on TVUS? 

Kim Cherry was the first full-on rapper we had I think. But there have been several contestants that have rapped in some performances (Vanessa Ferguson, Pia, Victor, etc).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Angeles said:

Same. Since S18, my favorite has missed the finale. ❤️

I can't remember the last time my favorite made the finale so I don't care what team they end up on but if they can make it to the finale that would be great. Hell if they can make it past the playoff round that would be a step in the right direction. :giggle:

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Has there ever been a rapper on TVUS? 

Kim Cherry, but she also sang. She's probably done the most rapping on the show. I'm curious to see if they ever let a full-on rapper on. 

• Like 1