The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

did you guys check out the description for next week's tuesday's episode? live top 20 elimination. it says that the winner from the comeback vote will be joining artists from the wildcard instant saves.

1 minute ago, plopcurt said:

did you guys check out the description for next week's tuesday's episode? live top 20 elimination. it says that the winner from the comeback vote will be joining artists from the wildcard instant saves.

oop-

6 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I think she for sure will, but am I the only one who sees this potentially causing some interesting dynamics on the show, especially if she comes back again next season, which I think she will. I could see some of the non #teamariana contestants feeling somewhat shorted. Has what you get out of choosing a particular coach ever been so uneven? It is hard for me to imagine many contestants not choosing her if she turns for them next season. 

It will depend, honestly. She seems really sweet and caring about her contestants, but we'll see what she does outside the show. If she manages to legit help her people in a significant way, then yeah, I dont see an excuse for not picking her if she turns for you next season, if you want to really make it in the industry.

Its worth noting that contestants might want to go on the show with different motivations. Some might not care about superstardom, they just want to be able to charge more for their gigs or simply work with their idol, which could be one of the three other coaches.

Edited by Misirlou

2 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

That’s a terrible way to structure the wildcard. Why not just have the comeback perform with their team and compete like normal? Not to mention it puts them at an even bigger disadvantage 

5 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

So Vaughn is not performing Monday, but Tuesday. He'll be competing for the WC I guess, which would mean 5 contestants there, 1 per team, except Team Ariana will have 2. 

Just give him "When I Was Your Man" and he wins it, depending on his opponents.

Edited by Misirlou

11 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That’s a terrible way to structure the wildcard. Why not just have the comeback perform with their team and compete like normal? Not to mention it puts them at an even bigger disadvantage 

The comeback winner is already a leg above over 4 contestants that wont even make it to WC, and he wont even have to perform on Monday while they will.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

I don’t know who else will be in the wildcard but he’s probably going to win it.

10 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Parachute in after getting eliminated in battles, and have equal footing with contestants who made it that far on their merits. Ridiculous! 

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The comeback winner is already a leg above over 4 contestants that wont even make it to WC, and he wont even have to perform on Monday while they will.

Watch TPTB giving him the pimp spot because...well, you know, TPTB being TPTB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Parachute in after getting eliminated in battles, and have equal footing with contestants who made it that far on their merits. Ridiculous! 

Honestly if anyone eliminated Tuesday night wanted to have a Marisa Corvo level rampage over this, I’d support it - half for the drama and chaos, and half because it’s complete BS to have someone get out after two performances and make it further than someone who’s done 4-5.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Honestly if anyone eliminated Tuesday night wanted to have a Marisa Corvo level rampage over this, I’d support it - half for the drama and chaos, and half because it’s complete BS to have someone get out after two performances and make it further than someone who’s done 4-5.

IMO, it even puts Vaughn in a tough spot, because he has to be around the other contestants, who I’m sure aren’t fans of this. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This whole shtick makes Vaughn look antagonistic, but truth be told, the guy is not at fault, its TPTB. So if he makes it beyond the playoffs over favorites, I'd say take your anger out at them, not him.

He probably should have turned it down. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

IMO, it even puts Vaughn in a tough spot, because he has to be around the other contestants, who I’m sure aren’t fans of this. 

I actually feel bad for him. Arianators will be happy but he's likely to recieve backlash from other places (including IDF). Clearly TPTB didnt care to think about that.

And yeah, his fellow contestants might not be happy at all, and some relationships could stray.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

With "When I Was Your Man" 

And have Ariana crying after his performance 

"Jim and Sasha, i love you. But please, vote for this guy, he is a nurse, he worked in the middle of a pandemic, he is a hero. I'm gonna fight for him." 

(Ok, no, i'm pretty sure Ariana will never level down to that level, but imagine if that happens 😜)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

The merciful thing for him would to be eliminated in the top 13 if he gets the wildcard, but knowing Ari’s fans and production staff, he’ll coast til the semis and be instantly eliminated then 🙃

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

This whole shtick makes Vaughn look antagonistic, but truth be told, the guy is not at fault, its TPTB. So if he makes it beyond the playoffs over favorites, I'd say take your anger out at them, not him.

This is really reminding me of the comeback stage

If Vaughn ends up making the T13, he is going to get a lot of backlash.

• Like 1

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

"Jim and Sasha, i love you. But please, vote for this guy, he is a nurse, he worked in the middle of a pandemic, he is a hero. I'm gonna fight for him." 

(Ok, no, i'm pretty sure Ariana will never level down to that level, but imagine that happen 😜)

comfy tyler labine GIF by HULU
Vaughn, preparing for his wildcard performance (colorized, 2021)

• Haha 12

30 minutes ago, plopcurt said:

It's clearer in the FAQ

https://voice.vote.nbc.com/faq

pqDk0GJ.png

So the comeback will go to the instant save Tuesday,

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

(Ok, no, i'm pretty sure Ariana will never level down to that level, but imagine if that happens 😜)

The audience is going to drown because the studio will be flooded by her tears. She's gonna be a wreck both Monday and Tuesday.

Especially since a contestant of hers is coming back, that might make it worse, since because of that, other members of her team will have to leave.