The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, Shadale took it, and it wasn't even close.  I do wonder what caused her to cry at the end, though?

She's a single mom and there was a line about being cautious when it came to love... so you can probably draw connections...

• Like 3

So, an early leak of a knockout round aired this morning.

Samara performed “The Best” by Tina Turner (it was Joei Fulco’s and Todd Michael Hall’s battle song back in Season 18), and Shadale performed “Impossible” (I don’t know whether it was the one by Xtina or the one that I like by Shontelle and covered by James Arthur)

Song choice can make a big difference and it showed here , Samara was really good but her song didn’t let her showcase all of what she is capable of, Shadale was SPECTACULAR, Shadale won that and it wasn’t even close . Shadale had the vocals and the emotion. When someone makes you feel something and feel their pain through singing , that’s who you should pick .

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, Shadale took it, and it wasn't even close.  I do wonder what caused her to cry at the end, though?

That’s a song where you lay all of your emotions out in the open and it talks a lot about heartbreak and healing after you’ve been vulnerable with someone else then had your trust broken, and something about that clearly resonated with her.

It’s a heavy message, and if you’ve been through that level of heartbreak it’s something that you can pull from to really connect to the lyrics in a way that feels authentic. Clearly, it hit home for her (and Kelly too, considering she started crying in the middle of her feedback).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

As for why John has gotten leaked four times (blinds once, battles once, and knockouts twice), maybe a Team Legend win is a backup plan for TPTB if they can’t get GNT or Wendy a win? Idk though.

Seems like this one has to do with Samara being involved in whatever is happening Monday

2 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

So, an early leak of a knockout round aired this morning.

Samara performed “The Best” by Tina Turner (it was Joei Fulco’s and Todd Michael Hall’s battle song back in Season 18), and Shadale performed “Impossible” (I don’t know whether it was the one by Xtina or the one that I like by Shontelle and covered by James Arthur)

It’s the Shontelle one, original version and not the James Arthur cover (which is also great but not as good of a fit for her voice).

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You know, after a rewatch... yeah that was a TERRIBLE song choice for Samara. 

There’s a reason even with knowing Samara wanted to cover Tina in the KOs it didn’t cross my mind as an option for her 🥴

Edited by VintageVoice

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It’s a heavy message, and if you’ve been through that level of heartbreak it’s something that you can pull from to really connect to the lyrics in a way that feels authentic. Clearly, it hit home for her (and Kelly too, considering she started crying in the middle of her feedback).

Well, if that's the message, then it's obvious why Kelly was hit so hard by it.☹

ETA: That confused you, coleman?!  Seriously?!  There is nothing confusing about that!

Edited by Rodney
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1