The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s a name from the past I do remember….Corey Kent White. He was Blake’s country frontrunner for S8, until he messed up the lyrics on a George Strait song. Blake not only called him out on live TV, but gave him “When I See You Smile” by Bad English the following week, and that was the end of him. :giggle:

Really? Wow.

Now I'm thinking if Blake chose Taylor Swift over George Strait...there was a reason behind it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Really? Wow.

Now I'm thinking if Blake chose Taylor Swift over George Strait...there was a reason behind it lol.

I mean…Blake was as pissed off as you’ll ever see him critiquing one of his own contestants in the lives, and honestly, I didn’t even notice the mistake 

Like I said when I found out Carson did George Strait, he likely did "Heartland". That's fiddle galore. 

Its a b***h of a song to sing, considering the big name that recorded it and adding to the fact that its fast and the key demands a low tone. Kenzie struggled with it last season, and he has a lower voice than Carson.

Add to the fact that Carson played the fiddle while singing, which is HARD. 

He probably would have fared better just with a guitar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Really? Wow.

Yeah, George Strait is sacred to Blake, for some reason.  Mess up just a tiny bit -- maybe a little stumble or wobble -- he won't normally be bothered too much.  But mess up very noticeably, and he'll be on you fast.

5 minutes ago, pauwis said:

My question is: are the days enough to fly to LA + days of isolation?

i don't think COVID restrictions for the contestants still require isolation? I think you're good to go with the vaccine and a COVID test but correct me if I'm wrong

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, George Strait is sacred to Blake, for some reason.  Mess up just a tiny bit -- maybe a little stumble or wobble -- he won't normally be bothered too much.  But mess up very noticeably, and he'll be on you fast.

George Strait is basically untouchable in country music and generally considered one of the greats because he’s such a solid storyteller, which is a hallmark of classic country music (so it’s not just a Blake thing, as someone raised pretty heavily on country music - hell, even my partner’s family, who aren’t country fans, respect George for that reason).

F*** up on one of his songs to a noticeable degree and honestly Blake critiquing you on live TV might be the least of your worries. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

George Strait is basically untouchable in country music and generally considered one of the greats because he’s such a solid storyteller, which is a hallmark of classic country music (so it’s not just a Blake thing, as someone raised pretty heavily on country music - hell, even my partner’s family, who aren’t country fans, respect George for that reason).

F*** up on one of his songs to a noticeable degree and honestly Blake critiquing you on live TV might be the least of your worries. 

Yeah, they don’t call him “The King” for nothing. I would steer clear of his catalog. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I hate montages for the reason of them making contestants less memorable. I literally forgot Jim and Saha existed because we haven't seen a full performance from them in 5 weeks. I also barely see any people talking about them in a while. 

Interestingly enough, they were the first Team Ariana live Playoffs contestants shown.

Their blind aired on Sep 21, we literally haven't heard them sing a full performance for more than a month. Easily the longest gap out of anyone in the Top 20.

• Sad 4

Just now, Someone648 said:

Wait I just found out George Strait and George Jones are two different people. :haha:

Pretty much the two most respected in the country field (Alongside Dolly and Johnny Cash, of course). Jones has the most acclaimed country song of all time (He Stopped Loving Her Today), and Strait is called "The King" of country.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Pretty much the two most respected in the country field (Alongside Dolly and Johnny Cash, of course). Jones has the most acclaimed country song of all time (He Stopped Loving Her Today), and Strait is called "The King" of country.

I just assumed it was one George :haha:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Whoever gets it is a bus target.

Just because Regina messed up on "Hello," it doesn't mean that someone from this season will mess up on "Easy on Me."  Someone could mess up on it, but it's not a guarantee.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Just because Regina messed up on "Hello," it doesn't mean that someone from this season will mess up on "Easy on Me."  Someone could mess up on it, but it's not a guarantee.

Its an extremely tall order. 

Not saying none of these peeps could sing it but its just too risky. 

15 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Everyone mess up Adele's songs at certain point (the only exception I can think of is When We Where Young)

Just finished watching.

Uh... Ryleigh was disappointing. Love her but except the ending, it was a miss. Hope she does better next round.

David on the other hand... I had rather high expectations for him but DAMN he exceeded them. That was 100% rightfully his win.

• Like 8

The way the comebacks are assumed to return, is so confusing. Are the performances live and when do the artists come in? Its still Top 20 on NBCs schedule, lmao its so confusing.

Or else John and Vaughn are both trolling because why the freak not this season? "Season 21: The Trolling Empire"