The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

50 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They are going to want to bring someone back with some minivan appeal. They will probably rig it for Carson. Sorry, Brittany fans. 😂 

I mean how else would they keep minivan tuned in? 😂

If there’s a comeback and Carson somehow gets it, I expect @Bk1234 and @Angeles to be the only ones on here happy to see him back in action.

I don’t even dislike the kid, but given the other options for eliminated artists this season that could comeback (Brittany, Samara, KJ, Parker, Hailey, Aaron, Katherine Ann, Vaughn…), I would prefer it to go to somebody else. Mostly because it going to someone else also means we don’t have an obvious “snowflake killer” in the lives.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I don’t even dislike the kid, but given the other options for eliminated artists this season that could comeback (Brittany, Samara, KJ, Parker, Hailey, Aaron, Katherine Ann, Vaughn…), I would prefer it to go to somebody else.

Wait so battle eliminations are eligible to come back too? I thought it was only knockout eliminations. Sorry I forgot how this comeback thing works lol.

I know people here might be scared for a scenario where Carson and Peedy take the PV's and Wendy has to get the CS, but if Carson's back I highly doubt that's going to happen. Sure, the guy has obvious Minivan appeal compared to the rest of the cast, but a) Carson's reacts and Social Media stats haven't been overwhelmingly impressive, b) Wendy is more appealing to the casual Voice viewer (Carson doesn't have much crossover appeal), and c) Carson has a thinner, reedier tone unlike previous favorites such as Kenzie Wheeler, Todd Tilghman or Ian Flanigan.

Also, Desz got the PV over Tanner Gomes, a reminder that country singers are NOT automatic locks for the PV as some members like to believe.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

Just now, Maxwell said:

Wait so battle eliminations are eligible to come back too? I thought it was only knockout eliminations. Sorry I forgot how this comeback thing works lol.

Previous seasons have allowed battle eliminations to come back, but usually it goes to artists who made it to the KOs (I think only three of the sixteen comeback artists in Seasons 9/10/12/13 were battle eliminations).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Also, Desz got the PV over Tanner Gomes, a reminder that country singers are NOT automatic locks for the PV as some members like to believe.

There were also a TON of options for country fans (Tanner, Madeline, Ben, Bailey, Jim, Ian, and Taryn) so that along with his poor performance likely allowed Desz better odds at the PV.

I get your point though, and I’m not too worried about Carson advancing in that situation, but I think he’d be the most likely to do some damage to how IDF expected the top 12 to look out of all of the eliminated artists.

11 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I know people here might be scared for a scenario where Carson and Peedy take the PV's and Wendy has to get the CS, but if Carson's back I highly doubt that's going to happen. Sure, the guy has obvious Minivan appeal compared to the rest of the cast, but a) Carson's reacts and Social Media stats haven't been overwhelmingly impressive, b) Wendy is more appealing to the casual Voice viewer (Carson doesn't have much crossover appeal), and c) Carson has a thinner, reedier tone unlike previous favorites such as Kenzie Wheeler, Todd Tilghman or Ian Flanigan.

And apparently, he "messed up" singing a George Strait song. Kenzie sang "Heartland" during last season's finale and he had a bit of criticism on FB if I can recall. No shade towards the both of them, just an observation.

Edited by Gmm99

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Previous seasons have allowed battle eliminations to come back, but usually it goes to artists who made it to the KOs (I think only three of the sixteen comeback artists in Seasons 9/10/12/13 were battle eliminations).

Four of them were Battle eliminations, actually.  Chance Diaz, Celeste Betton, Justin Whisnant, and Natalie Stovall.

Ellie Lawrence, Nadjah Nicole, Nate Butler, Daniel Passino, Nick Hagelin, Johnny Hayes, Johnny Gates, Jack Cassidy, Felicia Temple, Whitney Fenimore, Karli Webster, and Lucas Holliday were all Knockout eliminations.

If Carson really messed up a George Strait song, and they air it, I don’t really see him recovering from that enough to overcome Wendy, or maybe even Peedy. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m expecting Wendy’s live slayage to be so convincing that she isn’t going to have competition on her own team. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It might just be me, but I don't see Vaughn changing anything for Team Ariana if he comes back.

Definitely not from minivan, but maybe from Arianators considering how much they adored him this season.

11 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Four of them were Battle eliminations, actually.  Chance Diaz, Celeste Betton, Justin Whisnant, and Natalie Stovall.

Ellie Lawrence, Nadjah Nicole, Nate Butler, Daniel Passino, Nick Hagelin, Johnny Hayes, Johnny Gates, Jack Cassidy, Felicia Temple, Whitney Fenimore, Karli Webster, and Lucas Holliday were all Knockout eliminations.

How do you remember all of this? I forgot about most of those contestants a long time ago. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How do you remember all of this? I forgot about most of those contestants a long time ago. 

You have no idea how much i envy you. I wish i could forget most of them :giggle: 

(Ellie and Karli are queens, though:wub:,)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If Carson really messed up a George Strait song, and they air it, I don’t really see him recovering from that enough to overcome Wendy, or maybe even Peedy. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m expecting Wendy’s live slayage to be so convincing that she isn’t going to have competition on her own team. 

If they air Carson, Minivan is likely gonna excuse him because of the fiddle. I expect him to excel in that area. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't remember every single song done on this show since I started watching in season six (though more fully and paying more attention in season eight), but my mind's an iron trap when it comes to the elimination decisions made across those seasons.😁

19 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Weird, Wikipedia said Chance was a KOs elimination but I didn’t watch live and I know Wikipedia isn’t a flawless source, so…

In any case, Carson is the only one I could see making a difference if he came back, with Vaughn a very distant second given Ari’s voting power remains unknown.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If they air Carson, Minivan is likely gonna excuse him because of the fiddle. I expect him to excel in that area. 

Here’s a name from the past I do remember….Corey Kent White. He was Blake’s country frontrunner for S8, until he messed up the lyrics on a George Strait song. Blake not only called him out on live TV, but gave him “When I See You Smile” by Bad English the following week, and that was the end of him. :giggle:

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Weird, Wikipedia said Chance was a KOs elimination but I didn’t watch live and I know Wikipedia isn’t a flawless source, so…

. . . Ninety-nine-percent iron trap.  I forgot that Chance was stolen by Blake after his Battle.  I got him confused with Chase Kerby.  (The "Cha" names threw me off.)  Silly me.

Though in my slight defense, as talented as most of that season's cast was, I try to forget most of it since a.) its winner was forced down our throat so much to the point it was obvious he'd win, and no drama or excitement was left, which was b.) something I could've forgiven only if he hadn't been with that man.

But anyway . . . yeah.  Three Battle eliminations, thirteen Knockout eliminations, after all.