The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Unless Jim and Sasha come out of the blue with something great, or simply end up appealing to the public more, I think they are her Top 3 as well.

Stan twittwr does not like Jim and Sasha 🤣. They feel the same way with GNT they have them in the “snoozer” category 

23 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, disagree with y'all. Samuel brought it.

The rasp didnt came to work in full action until the chorus. Meanwhile, he displayed a lovely control over his low notes, and it ended up showing more dynamics from him. Loved how he went up on the second chorus and how he believed what he was singing.

I did slightly preferred the more artistic side of his blind, but this was a superior vocal, imo.

this!
I still can't find words for Samuel (I loved every damn part)

• Like 4

Samuel was better than Brittany IMO , but I do agree with Kelly , Samuel picked a better song choice but Brittany took a not so competitive song and a song that didn’t suit her and turned it into something more competitive which is impressive and strategic especially in a competition setting , that is what a fierce competitor is but I would ultimately choose Samuel .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mmontgomery said:

I have a question. I’ve been watching The Voice for years now, but I’ve only been reading this forum for a couple months. Obviously the producers run everything, but to what extent is their power? Do they choose the audition and knock out songs? I saw somebody allude toward that and it piqued my curiosity. 

It depends on the round, the coach and the singer. 

First off, the songs have to be cleared. If they can’t get permission, then that song is out. Songs are also screened for tv appropriateness. This probably affects current songs more than older songs, but not always.

Based on interviews with past contestants, they are asked for a list of possible songs. If they put a song on the list, they are agreeing to sing it at some point.

Obviously, Battle songs are completely out of the singers hands.

Once they start working 1-1 with a coach, different coaches have different approaches. Adam Levine was known for being inflexible in his song choices. Blake Shelton is known to take a singer’s input very seriously. 

And of course, some contestants know themselves and what they want to sing much more than others. Noah Mac said that the producers kept trying to get him to sing boy-bandy pop songs, but he turned them down. A less secure singer might go with that.

• Thanks 2

Charlie Mason will be heartbroken with the fact that Brittany is gone. She's his snowflake this season. I expect him to still give her an A.

As for my thoughts on her performance, I think she did some cool stuff vocally, but I had my reservations ever since I found out Best Part was her song choice. Its too small for her voice, and it works on a smoother tone rather than a gritty and raspy one like she has. 

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Charlie Mason will be heartbroken with the fact that Brittany is gone. She's his snowflake this season. I expect him to still give her an A.

As for my thoughts on her performance, I think she did some cool stuff vocally, but I had my reservations ever since I found out Best Part was her song choice. Its too small for her voice, and it works on a smoother tone rather than a gritty and raspy one like she has. 

She's also a favorite of the people over at mjsbigblog. They already have a potent hatred for John so they definitely won't be happy about him letting her go :haha:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Sad 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

She's also a favorite of the people over at mjsbigblog. They already have a potent hatred for John so they definitely won't be happy about him letting her go :haha:

They were not happy about Joshua winning last night lol. 

And yes, they won't be happy tonight either, but they actually like Samuel, so it might hurt a bit less. 

They loved David in his battle too, so he might get more praise tonight.

Here are the current FB stats of the top two pairings from last night. 

Wendy/Jonathan

255K views

8.9K likes 

28 view/like ratio (no more decimals on these. No need to carry it out to the hundredth. lol)

GNT/Holly

257K views 

7.7K likes

33 view/like ratio

Obviously, these are reasonably close, but these numbers are not overwhelming, considering these are “frontrunners” and this was the KO premiere. Maybe Facebook has mostly checked out for the season.