The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I think Holly did great last night, but the way TPTB treated GNT compared to her speaks who they'd want to win out of the two. I thought this was overall gonna be a huge moment for her in terms of hype and song choice, and it ended up being GNT's.

Brittany’s song choice…oof. She did the best she could with it (and I actually kinda like how it sounds with a little texture added into it), but it wasn’t quite the right move here. 

Samuel, on the other hand…:wub: and I can live with Kelly sitting down since Blake stood up, which is way harder to get than a standing O from Kelly.

John is SO animated this season. I’m starting to think he was medicated up until now.

ETA: Unpop (so far). I thought Brittany took that. Samuel’s rasp started to sound gimmicky to me. He’s too reliant on it.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

OK, now you all know why she went home. It was a nice karaoke performance from Samuel. Expecting Samuel to win by a couple of ticks lol. 

More than a couple ticks, but it’s not going to vault him into frontrunner status. If there are quotas, he has a chance to be John’s finalist. If not, we’ll probably say good bye to him in the semis.  

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Unpop (so far). I thought Brittany took that. Samuel’s rasp started to sound gimmicky to me. He’s too reliant on it.

Disagree on Brittany taking it (but I admit as a Samuel fan I’m biased), but I agree that dialing back a bit on the rasp if he can would help Samuel out - if nothing else, it’d probably help protect his vocal cords a bit better to be slightly less reliant on it.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

More than a couple ticks, but it’s not going to vault him into frontrunner status. If there are quotas, he has a chance to be John’s finalist. If not, we’ll probably say good bye to him in the semis.  

Agreed

Meh...still trying to understand the Samuel hype. He has yet to really wow me. I felt the same about Holly, but then I finally understood after her knockout performance yesterday. Also felt the same about Corey until he did "Already Gone." Still waiting on that moment from Samuel. He's probably most likely to get John's PV, but I don't really know what to make of him beyond that. Lol at his rasp being a gimmick though 🥴 That's clearly his voice. 

Not surprised by Brittany. She's lowkey always had trainwreck potential IMO. Her audition was a little questionable until she hit the high note three-quarters of the way into the song.