The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Brittany’s song choice…oof. She did the best she could with it (and I actually kinda like how it sounds with a little texture added into it), but it wasn’t quite the right move here. 

Samuel, on the other hand…:wub: and I can live with Kelly sitting down since Blake stood up, which is way harder to get than a standing O from Kelly.

John is SO animated this season. I’m starting to think he was medicated up until now.

ETA: Unpop (so far). I thought Brittany took that. Samuel’s rasp started to sound gimmicky to me. He’s too reliant on it.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

OK, now you all know why she went home. It was a nice karaoke performance from Samuel. Expecting Samuel to win by a couple of ticks lol. 

More than a couple ticks, but it’s not going to vault him into frontrunner status. If there are quotas, he has a chance to be John’s finalist. If not, we’ll probably say good bye to him in the semis.  

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Unpop (so far). I thought Brittany took that. Samuel’s rasp started to sound gimmicky to me. He’s too reliant on it.

Disagree on Brittany taking it (but I admit as a Samuel fan I’m biased), but I agree that dialing back a bit on the rasp if he can would help Samuel out - if nothing else, it’d probably help protect his vocal cords a bit better to be slightly less reliant on it.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

More than a couple ticks, but it’s not going to vault him into frontrunner status. If there are quotas, he has a chance to be John’s finalist. If not, we’ll probably say good bye to him in the semis.  

Agreed

Meh...still trying to understand the Samuel hype. He has yet to really wow me. I felt the same about Holly, but then I finally understood after her knockout performance yesterday. Also felt the same about Corey until he did "Already Gone." Still waiting on that moment from Samuel. He's probably most likely to get John's PV, but I don't really know what to make of him beyond that. Lol at his rasp being a gimmick though 🥴 That's clearly his voice. 

Not surprised by Brittany. She's lowkey always had trainwreck potential IMO. Her audition was a little questionable until she hit the high note three-quarters of the way into the song.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Considering I wasn’t sure how Facebook would react to him pre-season (I was expecting more of a Payge Turner type of reception), I’ll take it lmao

Just now, FloorWax said:

Honestly, Samuel was a tad underwhelming, and he's my snowflake. His audition was better than this. The emotion was there, but he could've done a lot more with the song.

If he’d been allowed to tamper with the arrangement a little more and make it more his own, I think I’d give it a 10 instead of something in the 9 range.

Still a very solid job from him though.

28 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I have to rewatch Samuel’s, not sure how I feel about it.

Watched it again. Very good performance (specially loved the high note towards the end) but it lacked the wow factor for me. His blind is still his best.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If he’d been allowed to tamper with the arrangement a little more and make it more his own, I think I’d give it a 10 instead of something in the 9 range.

Still a very solid job from him though.

:yes:

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Watched it again. Very good performance (specially loved the high note towards the end) but it lacked the wow factor for me. His blind is still his best.

Yeah. This one was closer to an 8 for me even though I expected a 9 or above.

In general, I think this song is like "Anyone". Lewis Capaldi attacks that chorus so hard and it doesn't make people's voices sound good when they try to imitate it. :unsure:

Edited by FloorWax

Honestly, disagree with y'all. Samuel brought it.

The rasp didnt came to work in full action until the chorus. Meanwhile, he displayed a lovely control over his low notes, and it ended up showing more dynamics from him. Loved how he went up on the second chorus and how he believed what he was singing.

I did slightly preferred the more artistic side of his blind, but this was a superior vocal, imo.

• Like 9

Okay, I was pretty much looking forward to Samuel's knockout because I thought he could have had another shining moment with Bruises.

BUT! Something was not right in that performance. It's like he was too calculated on singing every note and the emotion he tried to deliver felt hypocritical. 

I'm totally freaking shocked that the only I truly like so far is Joshua. R.I.P. the season.

Just now, FloorWax said:

Yeah. This one was closer to an 8 for me even though I expected a 9 or above.

I would give it an 8.5, which is pretty good. The expectations were extremely high for him so I think people will like it more the more they watch it.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

In general, I think this song is like "Anyone". Lewis Capaldi attacks that chorus so hard and it doesn't make people's voices sound good when they try to imitate it. :unsure:

Agreed.

• Like 1