The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Which strikes me as odd, considering how it did wonders for Khalea (who is my gold standard for "Best Part," by the way).

Best Part is often covered by singers with smooth or silky voices. Brittany's is a bit rougher in texture, which is why it probably didn't work.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also y’all I couldn’t watch the episode tonight so imagine me when I went over to check Wikipedia to see who was on tonight and suddenly Katie Rae’s name was in blue??? I literally spit out my water and stayed absolutely shook

Soo happy for her like she’s a queen and deserved it after that performances

Yeah I mean I shocked because this means that Brittany is likely eliminated but happy that katie was stolen cause she deserves it 

While Katie wouldn't be my first choice for replacement, I don't really see an issue with Brittany going home before lives. We have many powerhouses this season and most are better than her. It's better to have diversity, imo.

4 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

We have many powerhouses this season and most are better than her. It's better to have diversity, imo.

Agreed that its fine that one of the powerhouses ended up going home because it will be harder for them to succeed if there were too many of them. Not sure about most being better than Brittany though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Do you guys think Kinsey would have fared better on another team if she was stolen in the battles? 

Depends on the coach, probably.

Blake just said, in last night's episode, that he's trying to narrow his country singers down to one, and he already has Carson and Lana and probably wouldn't have wanted even more competition for that lane.  Add that to the fact that Kinsey isn't an original member of his team, and she would've been an easy sacrifice for Blake.

John would depend on whether or not he would've wanted to make Kinsey his next Bailey Rae and try to take her as far or close to as far as he took her two seasons ago.

Ariana, being the new coach, would be uncharted territory.  Untested waters, if you will.  But if she wanted to take a chance that Ariana herself would take a chance on a country girl like herself, then it might've worked out, depending on whom Ariana would've chosen as her opponent.

Just my two cents there.

• Thanks 1

If Girl Named Tom will win, Kelly will be a record breaker. Like she already won with a 1-chair (Jake Hoot), 2-chair (Brynn Cartelli), and 3-chair turner (Chevel Shepherd). If she wins with GNT, she wins with a 4-chair turner and a trio. Plus she'll set another record for a female coach with most wins and the coach with the highest success rate in the show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Which strikes me as odd, considering how it did wonders for Khalea (who is my gold standard for "Best Part," by the way).

The song is thin for Brittany voice if that makes sense , Brittany’s voice is super powerful,gritty in a good way, and more churchy .

• Like 1

I still don't think GNT will win, simply because it will be so hard to replicate what they are doing in a live setting. But if they somehow do it, yeah, it's over.

That said, I have no idea who could win instead. It's probably not going to be anyone from Team Blake or John, but that's as far as I would go.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I really think Joshua has a chance at 2nd PV on Team Legend. Today was his breakout moment, he can really go far if he keeps singing ballads.

I really want him to sing Josh Groban's "Granted."  It's perfect for theatrical, almost operatic voices like his.  I wanted Ryan Gallagher to do it, as well, but . . . well . . . we know what happened there.

I’m mad I can see GNT being my snowflake killer😑 I wish I was on the hype train like y’all but I just can’t…the harmonies are good but man there’s nothing that excites me about them. 

But woke up still thinking about that dogon Wendy Moten.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Holly is great but I think she is a tad bit overrated , her blind was good but not as good as others claim it to be and her KO was really great but she could have done a better job with her vocal arrangement, sources over-exaggerated with Holly’s performance saying she was insane when really wasn’t or wasn’t as insane vocally as I expected it to be , she literally hit a higher note in her audition than in the KO , she has the vocal ability to give one of the best performances but GNT really showed why they are the best group the show’s ever seen, no group has ever been that smart or creative and their harmonies are nothing less than FLAWLESS in their KO. I know everyone has their opinions but when we want to get factual and give credit where credit’s due , GNT easily gave one of the best performances in the KO history and of the season and gave the best group performance ever on the voice .

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 2

Not 100% convinced GNT will pull off a win, but if they do half as well in the playoffs as they did in their non-battle rounds so far then they should be through via PV easily. From there, it’s just a matter of song choice and good arrangements.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I still don't think GNT will win, simply because it will be so hard to replicate what they are doing in a live setting. But if they somehow do it, yeah, it's over.

That said, I have no idea who could win instead. It's probably not going to be anyone from Team Blake or John, but that's as far as I would go.

After last night it's obvious that they're the overall TCO (which also means they are gonna get good song choices), and they are doing well in all metrics so I'd say they have the season in the bag already.

Btw, now is when the show starts to pretend that Wendy and maybe Holly are leading  but it's up to everyone to believe in TPTB's BS :haha:

Slight edge to Wendy/Jonathan on the FB numbers. Maybe GNT/Holly will pass them later today, since their video is on top of the feed. Either way, it will be too close to say one has a huge edge there. Honestly, I was expecting GNT/Holly to wipe the floor, considering hype, song choice, pimp spot, and steal. 🤔 

I think GNT has a smaller margin of error, due to:

1. Built-in anti-group sentiment in the audience. We don’t know the extent of it. 

2. We saw what happened to the last two trios. It’s not easy to do what they do live. 

That said, of course they have the potential to win. That’s why I’ve have them near the top of my power ranking all season. I have skepticism about everyone this season, for one reason or another. I don’t think anything is a slam dunk. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Slight edge to Wendy/Jonathan on the FB numbers. Maybe GNT/Holly will pass them later today, since their video is on top of the feed. Either way, it will be too close to say one has a huge edge there. Honestly, I was expecting GNT/Holly to wipe the floor, considering hype, song choice, pimp spot, and steal. 🤔 

From now on this is gonna be a GNT/Wendy showdown.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

1. Built-in anti-group sentiment in the audience. We don’t know the extent of it. 

2. We saw what happened to the last two trios. It’s not easy to do what they do live. 

That said, of course they have the potential to win. That’s why I’ve have them near the top of my power ranking all season. I have skepticism about everyone this season, for one reason or another. I don’t think anything is a slam dunk. 

This is exactly where I’m at. Honestly though, kinda here for a season where it’s less clear-cut who’s going to win since we haven’t had one of those in a while.

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is the first time we have a group that is actually good so we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They were mediocre at best even during the autotuned rounds lol. 

42 minutes ago, echoap said:

After last night it's obvious that they're the overall TCO (which also means they are gonna get good song choices), and they are doing well in all metrics so I'd say they have the season in the bag already.

Btw, now is when the show starts to pretend that Wendy and maybe Holly are leading  but it's up to everyone to believe in TPTB's BS :haha:

I don’t think it will be that easy, but hey, what do I know.

And honestly, as poorly as she has been treated so far, I still think Holly could take it. The odds are not in her favor (at all), and she would technically lose to GNT and Team Blake in most scenarios (hell, she might not even make it past POs), but I know she has the potential to win and I’m willing to die on that hill :haha: She just needs a lot more pimping and a bit of luck (she also has to deliver ofc)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And honestly, as poorly as she has been treated so far, I still think Holly could take it. The odds are not in her favor (at all), and she would technically lose to GNT and Team Blake in most scenarios (hell, she might not even make it past POs), but I know she has the potential to win and I’m willing to die on that hill :haha: She just needs a lot more pimping and a bit of luck (she also has to deliver ofc)

You say “has to deliver” like that’s gonna be an issue for her 🤪 crossing my fingers she makes it through the playoffs, but I think she should be able to make the top 12 with relatively little issue.

We’ll see how this ages in a couple weeks.

• Like 1