Jump to content

The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll just say if you based Chloe’s or Alsian’s chances of winning on Facebook comments, you probably guessed wrong. They both got brutalized every week. The comment sections were a mess. I made that mistake with Chloe. I thought she was too polarizing. I’ll throw Sawyer in there too. I don’t think casuals at home pay as much attention to the drama. 

I imagine that all three got a decent amount of dislikes under their "victory" videos on that platform.

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Was Chevel Shepherd a fever dream of mine, then? 

 

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"She is the exception, not the rule"

Actually, I think that Chevel was before Kelly's odd aversion to country females started.  It seemed to start in season seventeen for her, when she dumped first Brennan, and then Gracee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Lots and lots of bitching. 

I see...how well do those comments contribute to the actual voting during the recent seasons then? (From S15 and on) Do they tell a more accurate picture now than in the past?

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I see...how well do those comments contribute to the actual voting during the recent seasons then? (From S15 and on) Do they tell a more accurate picture now than in the past?

Since at least season sixteen or seventeen, Facebook's told the tale more than anything.  But I think it's more important to check the views and reacts more than it is to see the comments.  The latter are just left by people who have the time to.  The views and reacts are bigger indicators, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gmm99 said:

I see...how well do those comments contribute to the actual voting during the recent seasons then? (From S15 and on) Do they tell an accurate picture?


I think it’s hard to tell. I mean..we’ve had some who get pummeled in the comments easily make the finale, like Katie Kaden. It’s a small sample size. Almost every winner gets abused to some degree, especially the females. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

- i listened to Gymani and was meh (wtf that song ?? also, Denisha last season>>>>>>>

Kinsey had a beautiful song but, comparing with her battle, sounded so weak

 

- Sabrina did her thing, but it wasn't enough (surprised that she had 3 coaches standing, while Joshua only had John)

 

- Holly and Katie deserve to move on, but I'm hoping for something more, something that makes me say WOW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Since at least season sixteen or seventeen, Facebook's told the tale more than anything.  But I think it's more important to check the views and reacts more than it is to see the comments.  The latter are just left by people who have the time to.  The views and reacts are bigger indicators, IMO.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:


I think it’s hard to tell. I mean..we’ve had some who get pummeled in the comments easily make the finale, like Katie Kaden. It’s a small sample size. Almost every winner gets abused to some degree, especially the females. 

Ahh alright...Thanks for this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rodney said:

Since at least season sixteen or seventeen, Facebook's told the tale more than anything.  But I think it's more important to check the views and reacts more than it is to see the comments.  The latter are just left by people who have the time to.  The views and reacts are bigger indicators, IMO.


Once the voting starts, look at the view/like ratio. That seems to be the strongest indicator, but it’s not perfect. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll just say if you based Chloe’s or Alsian’s chances of winning on Facebook comments, you probably guessed wrong. They both got brutalized every week. The comment sections were a mess. I made that mistake with Chloe. I thought she was too polarizing. I’ll throw Sawyer in there too. I don’t think casuals at home pay much attention to the drama. 

Alisan/Chloe haters were vocal but at the same time they would get the most amount of reactions/views by a pretty wide margin, especially Alisan. My worry for Wendy is that she isn't getting those numbers in views/reactions. And I don't see her having a Blue Bayou/Let Him Fly or Landslide type of performance that might get viewers hooked on her given the direction she seems to be following so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Alisan/Chloe haters were vocal but at the same time they would get the most amount of reactions/views by a pretty wide margin, especially Alisan. My worry for Wendy is that she isn't getting those numbers in views/reactions. And I don't see her having a Blue Bayou/Let Him Fly or Landslide type of performance that might get viewers hooked on her given the direction she seems to be following so far.


They hated the battle, and honestly, so did I. It was terrible song choice. I don’t know which choice was worse between that one and “Car Wash.”  I realize theirs was uploaded early, but they have the highest number of views and reacts so far. I don’t think we’ll know for sure until they all have their own solo performance videos and the voting starts. Also, Team Blake voting tends to outperform the stats. 
 

But, if you’re telling me Wendy needs better songs, you’re preaching to the choir. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Alisan/Chloe haters were vocal but at the same time they would get the most amount of reactions/views by a pretty wide margin, especially Alisan. My worry for Wendy is that she isn't getting those numbers in views/reactions. And I don't see her having a Blue Bayou/Let Him Fly or Landslide type of performance that might get viewers hooked on her given the direction she seems to be following so far.

True..

 

And I just checked FB, Wendy's/Jonathan's KO video is getting the most likes so far. Although GNT and Holly can surpass them at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Still can’t see Wendy as the winner. But I think Blake is convinced that she’s his ticket to another trophy. 

I don't either honestly...given the history of the show for female AAs. She also needs to be consistent with good song choices from here on out.

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now if I had to winner pick anyone, it would be Girl Named Tom for a few reasons: 

 

- The Voice loves a "Voice first" and given how well GNT has been treated so far (first audition of the season, pimp spot in the battle/kos premiere), I wouldn't be surprised if the producers are going for the "first group to ever win" narrative.

 

- Blake's team isn't as minivan-approachable as it usually is. And with him not on his "A game", I feel like Kelly is the coach that casuals would probably be more attracted to.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

last thoughts:
- Katie fits perfectly into Team Kelly, completes the perfect balance.
- If Joshua continues in this direction, he easily reaches Top3 in Team Legend (Sam and Shadale ❤)
- You know an artist will go far when you pay attention to Blake's look (Wendy and GNT KOs)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, the view/like ratios are 

 

Wendy/Jonathan 27.27

GNT/Holly 29.21

Joshua/Sabrina 32.24

Raquel/Katie 37.89

Gymani/Kinsey 40.79

Hailey G./LiBianca 71.88 (I added the likes for all three postings)

 

I don’t know whether this tells us much, honestly. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Holy crap Brittany is out!? (Guessing the song choice didn't do her any favors)

Which strikes me as odd, considering how it did wonders for Khalea (who is my gold standard for "Best Part," by the way).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...