The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

30 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Nobody does percussion while singing like Anderson .Paak. The dude's got insane rhythm control.

Yes yes yes! I watch his live performance for KCRW hundred times a day just for that

Edited by pauwis

11 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Don't look at me for any!😡

Exactly! 

She’s going to another team, and still has to overcome original Ari team

members, like Bella and Ryleigh, and let’s be honest, those two are more likely to appeal to that fanbase than Holly is. 

33 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

What do you think about the song choices for the others?

- GNT have the most Minivan friendly song + it's a well known song for the group. Perfect song choice. 

- Samuel got a decent song but I'm not sure if it completely fits his style. The chorus should sound great though. 

- All the others have good song choices but, for various reasons, we all know that Minivan won't be impressed. 

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'll be honest. I'm not hyped about Holly as i was before. And i think that battle montage is a big part of it. (Not her fault, but is how i feel, sorry)

I...kind of agree. I think the snippet of her and Wyatt was beautiful but very brief to fully form an opinion on it, and her song choice for tomorrow doesnt particularly excite me either.

I hope to fully get back on her train tomorrow though.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I...kind of agree. I think the snippet of her and Wyatt was beautiful but very brief to fully form an opinion on it, and her song choice for tomorrow doesnt particularly excite me either.

I hope to fully get back on her train tomorrow though.

Yeah, same. I actually think her song choice is...good? I think it can still give her a moment. But we'll see tomorrow what happens 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, I’ve never heard of “Wichita Lineman.”  I’m listening to a Little Big Town cover right now. Maybe GNT’s will be different, but it seems pretty sleepy to me. It’s also possible minivan might like the sleepiness of it. We’ll see. 

Actually, GNT released a version on Youtube. And I agree, it is very sleepy. But apparently, Minivan enjoys sleepy. However, I wonder if Kelly will suggest an arrangement in which they go bigger. It sounds like her, to do something of the sort. 

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, same. I actually think her song choice is...good? I think it can still give her a moment. But we'll see tomorrow what happens 

Its a good song, albeit a bit sappy. I would have preferred The Story or something along the lines of Elton and Billy Joel.

3 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Actually, GNT released a version on Youtube. And I agree, it is very sleepy. But apparently, Minivan enjoys sleepy. However, I wonder if Kelly will suggest an arrangement in which they go bigger. It sounds like her, to do something of the sort. 

I watched a video of LBT singing it live, and it actually made it a little less sleepy than listening to just the audio. Maybe it will have the same effect for GNT. 

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

You never know with Kelly when it comes to..well, anything, really lol, but mostly arrangements.

When I imagined Kenzie singing Red Dirt Road last season, I imagined him doing it in the Brooks and Dunn style, like in his cover on YT, rather than the Cody Johnson version, which he did on the show. I suspect Kelly might have had a hand in that

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hopefully she gets to sing "The Story" at the Playoffs. 🤞

Gosh, I can't listen to The Story performed on a singing competition again. It's such a cliché and almost never pays off. The Voice should tune in to Brandi Carlile's new single, "Right on Time".

She performed on SNL yesterday and honestly, there's like 3 different moments for higher notes that would be interesting for Holly. Specially since Brandi wrote the song inspired by Elton John. 

Here's the SNL Performance

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Speaking of Brandi Carlile, we haven't had anyone do "The Joke" since Betsy and Lisa's battle in S16.

Actually, we had Cami Clune during season 19. But as I've said, it never pays off.

Also, a random no-chair turn in season 18 (I believe). 

Edited by SNI2

12 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Actually, we had Cami Clune during season 19. But as I've said, it never pays off.

oops, forgot about her.

Yeah, I get what you say. The climaxes of people doing her popular songs always end up being disappointing (except for Janice).

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Its a good song, albeit a bit sappy. I would have preferred The Story or something along the lines of Elton and Billy Joel.

i don’t think Holly’s voice is a good match for Brandi Carlisle at all. 

15 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Actually, Betsy and Lisa's Battle was pretty good.  I remember the gushing over it that went on in the episode thread at the time (back before the big hack).