The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Overall thoughts on the week:

• Best Part seems too small of a song for BrittanyBree, so hopefully she found a place to inject her signature sound into it. 

• Samuel has a killer song choice. The choruses are gonna be money with that rasp.

• It looks like Sabrina was playing drums too? Interesting choice if so. We saw that multitasking didnt benefit JD Casper last season so...

• Great song choice for Joshua. Judging from that clip and Ed and John's comments, it seems like he's leaving the theatrics aside and letting the emotion come through.

• Hailey Mia has an interesting song choice. Its indeed mature, so we'll see if she can connect with it. 

• On paper, TCS's song is a winner, but something must have gone wrong.

• Raquel's song is fun and a classic, but it'd be great to see her changing it up a bit. Maybe a jazzy ballad.

• Like TCS, Katie Rae's song also sounds like KO winning material, but maybe she didn't bring it.

• Wendy has a song right in her lane, so she'll do fantastic with it. Her best song choice on the show so far.

• Jonathan's song is joyful, but probably not the best choice for the occasion.

• Honestly, don't see what's wrong with Gymani's choice, since it appears she's going pop on the show, so it makes sense.

• I love Kinsey's song, but its a bit too tame for a KO.

• GNT probably has my favorite song of the week. Perfect for them.

• Holly's song is a classic as well, but probably not what I would have chosen for her. I still expect her to do great though.

• Ryleigh's superior showing so far happened in battles, where she was able to showcase charisma and vocals, rather than get swallowed by emotion. So its good that she kept in that lane in KOs.

• Good move by David to go with a ballad after doing pop punk. Excited to hear his acoustic arrangement. I expect it to be like his audition, albeit more elevated.

3 hours ago, mmontgomery said:

I’m actually super intrigued by Gymani’s song choice. It’s unexpected but I feel like it’ll be amazing

hi, welcome to the board :jaswave:

23 hours ago, aceboogie0314 said:

I just wanna know who sings what and who they're going against. Thanks!

Welcome to the board also, hi, welcome to the board, I merged your thread with the spoiler thread since you just wanted knockout matchups :thumbs:

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Ah yes, the ‘ol tragic S14 PO’s format

It screwed that man, so it'll always anything but tragic to me.😉

3 hours ago, KingKongWoo said:

How do we know that one of Blake's knockouts gets montaged? Couldn't it still be Katherine vs Bella for team Ariana?

Not necessarily impossible, but highly improbable.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

On paper, TCS's song is a winner, but something must have gone wrong.

With Kelly Clarkson as a coach, a lot of things could go wrong lol. 

Seriously though, Kelly has this dumb rule that two similar acts can't go to the lives and it's clear that GNT are their favorites this season. Luckily for her and with Holly losing steam, this decision may pay off because it seems like the stars are aligned for GNT this season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It looks like Sabrina was playing drums too? Interesting choice if so. We saw that multitasking didnt benefit JD Casper last season so...

Oh yeah, I noticed that but forgot to point it out. I was like... is that a drumset in front of her????

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, echoap said:

With Kelly Clarkson as a coach, a lot of things could go wrong lol. 

Seriously though, Kelly has this dumb rule that two similar acts can't go to the lives and it's clear that GNT are their favorites this season. Luckily for her and with Holly losing steam, this decision may pay off because it seems like the stars are aligned for GNT this season. 

Tomorrow should be interesting for them. They have a great song and I'm sure they'll do fine. We'll see how Kelly reacts and sells them tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Oh yeah, I noticed that but forgot to point it out. I was like... is that a drumset in front of her????

Funny thing is that I don't think I saw a bass drum or pedal (the one that you use your foot for, while playing guitar, like JD did), there are just top drums on the stage, so no clue what she did. Maybe she stopped playing guitar and then played drums?

If she incorporated the percussion to the performance, props for her risk taking, but that could result in a messy showing that easily could have cost her the win.

24 minutes ago, echoap said:

Luckily for her and with Holly losing steam, this decision may pay off because it seems like the stars are aligned for GNT this season. 

How is Holly losing steam, exactly?  By all means, enlighten us.😡

• Like 1

- RIP Holly hype, that song choice :yawnwave:

- Wendy is doing more of the same. By the time she switches to country it will be way too late 😴

- Hoping the new arrangement worked well for Ryleigh. 

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If she incorporated the percussion to the performance, props for her risk taking, but that could result in a messy showing that easily could have cost her the win.

Nobody does percussion while singing like Anderson .Paak. The dude's got insane rhythm control.

• Like 5

Honestly, I’ve never heard of “Wichita Lineman.”  I’m listening to a Little Big Town cover right now. Maybe GNT’s will be different, but it seems pretty sleepy to me. It’s also possible minivan might like the sleepiness of it. We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, echoap said:

- RIP Holly hype, that song choice :yawnwave:

- Wendy is doing more of the same. By the time she switches to country it will be way too late 😴

- Hoping the new arrangement worked well for Ryleigh. 

What do you think about the song choices for the others?

Just now, TeamAudra said:

It’s also possible minivan might like the sleepiness of it. We’ll see.

I mean, they vote for the same country dude every season. I think it's clear that they love sleepiness 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, TeamAudra said:

1. Battle montage 

2. KO loss 

Explain to us her great momentum. 

Pretty sure the latter won't matter with the audience.  And you yourself said that the former is no great worry, either.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, I’ve never heard of “Wichita Lineman.”  I’m listening to a Little Big Town cover right now. Maybe GNT’s will be different, but it seems pretty sleepy to me. It’s also possible minivan might like the sleepiness of it. We’ll see. 

Made famous by Glen Campbell. Its GNT dipping their toes more in the country world, but likely with an arrangement that will showcase the 3 way harmonies like they did in their blind.

I think its probably the most Minivan friendly song of the week, honestly, apart from our very own Blake Shelton's "God Country" 😉

Just now, echoap said:

I mean, they vote for the same country dude every season. I think it's clear that they love sleepiness 😂

I mean..when I say sleepy, I mean sleepy. And you know I prefer country music.  

• Like 1