Jump to content

The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


For the longest time, it was assumed that double montages were guaranteed to be triple montaged until Lauren Duski’s KO partner avoided that distinction. It was also assumed that battle steals were safe, because they want to show them working with the new coach. I don’t recall who it was, but they did montage a battle steal several seasons ago. I think they just look at the what they have on film,  and make a decision without considering what they’ve done in the past. 


For the longest time would have been S3 when Lauren Allred’s first appearance was in the KOs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Honestly, the possibility of Berritt being triple montaged seems like a strong possibility. I’m not making a prediction here, but I don’t think anyone would be shocked by it. 

Like I said, I personally don't see the triplw montage happening so far, but at the same time, in a way, it wouldnt surprise me if it does happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Like I said, I personally don't see the triplw montage happening so far, but at the same time, in a way, it wouldnt surprise me if it does happen.


I’m not going to predict, because TPTB is too unpredictable, but what is your reason for not seeing a triple montage? Just curious. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


For the longest time would have been S3 when Lauren Allred’s first appearance was in the KOs.


If it wasn’t for Lauren Duski, I think the streak would have lasted longer, because Andrea T’s KO was certainly montage worthy, IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m not going to predict, because TPTB is too unpredictable, but what is your reason for not seeing a triple montage? Just curious. 

Frankly, I dont really have a good reasoning for it, call it optimism because I do want to see Peedy and Jeremy's performances in full instead of just one.

 

At the same time, its tricky because we have two double montage contestants that made it to KOs this season. When it came to triple montaging someone, there was just one clear victim in those seasons , just one double montage contestant that made it to KOs. And its been a while, literally 11 seasons since they pulled that off, so it would be weird, but as you say, TPTB is unpredictable, so we don't know.

 

Since we have both Xavier and Berritt as double montages, TPTB could either give them a break and show both of their last performances in full or just pick the one they care about the least out of Peedy and Jeremy and throw them in the montage, since we all know a montaged KO is a hindrage for lives.

Edited by Misirlou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Frankly, I dont really have a good reasoning for it, call it optimism because I do want to see Peedy and Jeremy's performances in full instead of just one.

 

At the same time, its tricky because we have two double montage contestants that made it to KOs this season. When it came to triple montaging someone, there was just one clear victim in those seasons , just one double montage contestant that made it to KOs. And its been a while, literally 11 seasons since they pulled that off, so it would be weird, but as you say, TPTB is unpredictable, so we don't know.

 

Since we have both Xavier and Berritt as double montages, TPTB could either give them a break and show both of their last performances in full or just pick the one they care about the least out of Peedy and Jeremy and throw them in the montage, since we all know a montaged KO is a hindrage for lives.


They could just show Peedy’s and Jeremy’s performances and montage their opponents. Who knows? Anyway, I think the fact that there are two of them makes it more likely. They are also bleeding viewers, so I think that’s a consideration as well, when deciding who to deliver a likely death blow to. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

When it came to triple montaging someone, there was just one clear victim in those seasons , just one double montage contestant that made it to KOs.

Season seven actually had two.  But one was shown for his first and only time in the Knockouts, while the other got the triple montage.

 

I can see the same thing happening to Berritt and Xavier.  One could get aired in full, while the other gets the triple montage.  Or they'll be thrown a bone, and both will be aired, and someone else will be sacrificed instead.  But I wager that the former possibility will happen.

Edited by Rodney
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't think a triple montage is likely tbh. After the whole Rebekah Samarin rant they haven't done it again (or at least after Katherine Ho) and it's just completely disgusting that contestants who had three performances get 0 shown in the end. I'm sure TPTB takes that into account. Do I personally want to see Peedy vs Berrit or Jeremy vs Xaver full? Not really, I think those are the two pairings I'm frankly the least interested in. However, I can't see them being montaged rn. 

 

Also this will probs be overthinking but would they montage a battle save? I'm not exactly sold on Lana being montaged either tbh. That leaves only one option that I'm not completely sold on either ngl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also this will probs be overthinking but would they montage a battle save? I'm not exactly sold on Lana being montaged either tbh. That leaves only one option that I'm not completely sold on either ngl

They've montaged steals before (Jordyn Simone and Joseph Soul), so I wouldn't put it past them to montage a save, as well.  Yet at the same time, I think that those chances are pretty remote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Season seven actually had two.  But one was shown for his first and only time in the Knockouts, while the other got the triple montage.

 

I can see the same thing happening to Berritt and Xavier.  One could get aired in full, while the other gets the triple montage.  Or they'll be thrown a bone, and both will be aired, and someone else will be sacrificed instead.  But I wager that the former possibility will happen.

who i know rebekah samarin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

They've montaged steals before (Jordyn Simone and Joseph Soul), so I wouldn't put it past them to montage a save, as well.  Yet at the same time, I think that those chances are pretty remote.

Yeah, I think steals aren't that unlikely (which is why I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Hailey M ends up getting the montage). But saves are another thing I believe. Especially a Blake KO, where Blake hasn't had a knockout montage in a veryyyyyy long time I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I’m a producer who cares about ratings, picking between two double montages to triple montage one of them, and one of them has Peedy as their opponent, I’m probably gonna montage the other one. Just sayin’

 

That said, I’d be nervous if I were in either of those pairings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Especially a Blake KO, where Blake hasn't had a knockout montage in a veryyyyyy long time I believe. 

His last one was in season nine (Chris Crump vs. Zach Seabaugh).  But he has a good chance of getting one this season due to one thing that seems to have been overlooked.

 

Not one of the Knockout steals comes from his team.

 

Half of the steals come from John's team, and Kelly and Ariana's teams split the other two.  But none come from Blake's team.  The team with no Knockout steals coming from it is usually the one that gets the Knockout montage.  (Season thirteen with Team Jennifer and season fourteen with Team Kelly were exceptions, not the rule.)

 

So one of Blake's pairings could get the montage.  I frankly think that it'll be Berritt vs. Peedy.  It'll depend on whom TPTB feel better sacrificing between Berritt and Xavier.  (Or, to be more precise, between Peedy and Jeremy.)  If they feel a certain way, then Berritt vs. Peedy will be the montage.

Edited by Rodney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

His last one was in season nine (Chris Crump vs. Zach Seabaugh).  But he has a good chance of getting one this season due to one thing that seems to have been overlooked.

 

Not one of the Knockout steals comes from his team.

 

Half of the steals come from John's team, and Kelly and Ariana's teams split the other two.  But none come from Blake's team.  The team with no Knockout steals coming from it is usually the one that gets the Knockout montage.  (Season thirteen with Team Jennifer and season fourteen with Team Kelly were exceptions, not the rule.)

 

So one of Blake's pairings could get the montage.  I frankly think that it'll be Berritt vs. Peedy. Peedy.  It'll depend on whom TPTB feel better sacrificing between Berritt and Xavier.  (Or, to be more precise, between Peedy and Jeremy.)  If they feel a certain way, then Berritt vs. Peedy will be the montage.


I forgot they montaged Zach Seabaugh, such obvious minivan bait. That was a bit of a surprise. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TPTB must know how the contestants and audience feel about montages. People complain about it on IDF and mjsbigblog. Mark Franklin is also vocal about montages.

https://idolchatteryd.com/the-voice-montages-disrespectful-and-unnecessary

 

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid, yet the show continues the montages. Maybe they always serve some purpose. Regardless, I wish they wouldn't montage anyone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2021 at 2:03 AM, RTV said:

TPTB must know how the contestants and audience feel about montages. People complain about it on IDF and mjsbigblog. Mark Franklin is also vocal about montages.

https://idolchatteryd.com/the-voice-montages-disrespectful-and-unnecessary

 

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid, yet the show continues the montages. Maybe they always serve some purpose. Regardless, I wish they wouldn't montage anyone.

 

I think that part of the reasoning is the scheduling.  NBC seems to absolutely refuse to give the show two hours on Tuesdays consistently.  If they did, they could show every Battle easily.  And in the Knockouts, perhaps be willing to give the second episode ninety minutes instead of sixty.  Boom.  Problem solved.  Every Knockout could be shown, as well.

 

I really don't get the Tuesday scheduling, anyway.  Most of the shows in NBC's Tuesday night block have pretty much flopped over the past few years other than This is Us, and even that started dropping in ratings and viewers eventually.  Like, is the new La Brea all that good?

Edited by Rodney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

TPTB must know how the contestants and audience feel about montages. People complain about it on IDF and mjsbigblog. Mark Franklin is also vocal about montages.

https://idolchatteryd.com/the-voice-montages-disrespectful-and-unnecessary

 

It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid, yet the show continues the montages. Maybe they always serve some purpose. Regardless, I wish they wouldn't montage anyone.

 

Could be. Clint's awkward blind problem, Ciana vs. Denisha's battle, Chloe vs. Lain's battle, and Van Andrew's KO all had good reason to be montaged/shortclipped- but there are so many people that give good performances that go off with no hiccups but get montaged just for the sake of time. How'd the entire top 5 of Season 15 get their battles montaged/shortclipped? Surely they couldn't have all been bad :haha:

 

Bare minimum, the full versions belong online - even the bad ones. No rehearsal, we don't even need to see the results/dialogue after. Just the 90-120 seconds they work their asses off for.

 

 

 

Also, not Mark confusing Katherine Ho with Megan Lee, who were a whole 4 seasons apart :haha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...