The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

38 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

based on what i have seen on twitter arianators like her team better than blinds but are upset with the lack of poc. i have seen more comments rooting for ryleigh which is kinda shocking

Well they can’t be mad at her for that none of them picked her. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Ariana just posted to all her fans to download the voice app for a special surprise after KO...so the chances of her fans having the app just got higher 

could that special surprise be a comeback? the coaches choose an eliminated contestant and have America vote (similar to the 4WKO)

1 minute ago, Angeles said:

could that special surprise be a comeback? the coaches choose an eliminated contestant and have America vote (similar to the 4WKO)

Man, I hope that’s not it. Bringing back battle elims to compete against those who made it the playoffs on their merits was the worst twist ever. 

• Like 1

Hailey Mia's fan here (i have listened to her audition more than any other audition this season). I can't talk about anyone else, but i'm, in no way, considering her a "lock" for the finale, and i don't think anyone else here does. One thing is considering her as a possible contender, and other completely different thing is thinking for sure that she is gonna be a finalist. Of course, she has to deliver first, we all know that, no matter how appealing for the audience you are, if you don't deliver, you'll lose.

People talking about her as a possible contender pre-season, was due to the fact that she is a teenage girl, and the audience clearly likes them (three of the winners and three of the runner-ups were teenage girls, plus two of these three winners were on... guess which team??... Yeah,Team Kelly). And that assumption ended being not that far-fetched, considering her really good Facebook stats, i mean, she matched freaking Carson in reactions. So, yeah, even if you like it or not, there is a good chance she can be a contender. And saying she CAN be contender is NOT equal to saying that she IS. 

And, i have to add, saying that she possibly isn't ready after watching only two performances of them, one of which was against a more experienced performer with a song totally out of her lane, is... a choice. I personally don't see which was the problem with either of her performances, but what can i say, you do you, guys.

So, yeah, that's my rant, bye

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Speaking of ratings (In case you don’t visit the ratings thread), they better figure something out quick! :omg:

VwFscMS.png

networks dont care about viewership. just the demo and its still leading and in the green, i would get worrisome if the demo started to slip into the yellow.

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hailey Mia's fan here (i have listened to her audition more than any other audition this season). I can't talk about anyone else, but i'm, in no way, considering her a "lock" for the finale, and i don't think anyone else here does. One thing is considering her as a possible contender, and other completely different thing is thinking for sure that she is gonna be a finalist. Of course, she has to deliver first, we all know that, no matter how appealing for the audience you are, if you don't deliver, you'll lose.

People talking about her as a possible contender pre-season, was due to the fact that she is a teenage girl, and the audience clearly likes them (three of the winners and three of the runner-ups were teenage girls, plus two of these three winners were on... guess which team??... Yeah,Team Kelly). And that assumption ended being not that far-fetched, considering her really good Facebook stats, i mean, she matched freaking Carson in reactions. So, yeah, even if you like it or not, there is a good chance she can be a contender. And saying she CAN be contender is NOT equal to saying that she IS. 

And, i have to add, saying that she possibly isn't ready after watching only two performances of them, on of which was against a more experienced performer with a song totally out of her lane, is... a choice. I personally don't see which was the problem with either of her performances, but what can i say, you do you, guys.

So, yeah, that's my rant, bye

😂 

Obviously, she has to deliver, like everyone else, or she will go home, but I still think she can win the show if she does. If anyone wants to laugh at me, have at it. And you’re right, nobody was calling her a lock. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Paris vs Jonathan, my ears are blessed :wub:.
Jonathan's tone is so clear and soulful. Paris has the dynamics and the grunt.
I agree with Blake, they sounded like a real record
beautiful moment!❣

It’s now in my Top 3 battles of the season. I think it’s definitely better than Shawn vs Matthew. What a way to go out in what I consider the best battle round that I’ve seen

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

It’s now in my Top 3 battles of the season. I think it’s definitely better than Shawn vs Matthew. What a way to go out in what I consider the best battle round that I’ve seen

Seriously though, I'm looking at all of the steals/saves and the fact I'd put the guy that went toe-to-toe with Wendy in the bottom half if I ranked them is a testament to how strong these battle rounds were.

7 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

agree. amazing battles but I didn't care about Matthew

7 minutes ago, pauwis said:

agree. amazing battles but I didn't care about Matthew

Both were Luther Vandross songs, but Shawn ended up giving a much better performance of a Luther Vandross song later in Lives. This battle is honestly closer to that performance in quality. It was my favorite performance in the Lives that season that wasn’t from Maelyn

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I think no matter what Kelly is saving Jeremy even tho she shouldn’t.  I think that he’s her Shane Q and I don’t like it. I would rather Gymani or Brittany (whoever doesn’t get the second PV) should be saved. I think Hailey is done. GNT is a lock for PV. 

I have edited this post someone posted so y’all can understand it. 

Edited by Discovolcano
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I think no matter what Kelly is saving Jeremy even tho she shouldn’t but I think that’s her Shane Q and I don’t like it I would rather Gymani or Brittany (whoever don’t get the second PV) be saved and I think Hailey is done GNT is a lock for PV. 

Gotta disagree here bc Shane was a strange, polarizing tone that had people split/skeptical from the beginning, while Jeremy’s pretty much received at least generally positive feedback throughout.

Brittany’s killed 2 rounds now so it’s hard to tell if Kelly will still stick to Gymani or not, but I definitely feel it’s a tossup for them 2.

Agree with the GNT lock and Hailey’s only shot as Coach Save

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Speaking of ratings (In case you don’t visit the ratings thread), they better figure something out quick! :omg:

VwFscMS.png

I took a (very quick) look and NCIS is down this season from last by between 1.5-2+m an episode (and down by multiple millions seasons prior). 

Not the most scientific analysis of ratings and I'm no expert lol, but it seems ratings of The Voice are mostly stable compared to last season, with the added social media interest, which goes against the trend for the rest of TV.

Though really they need to revamp the show's structure imo. 6 hours of battles drags. I wish they'd get to live shows quicker. 

Fun fact: Four battles got a 4 coach standing O, three more than last season:

• Girl Named Tom vs Kinsey Rose
  • BrittanyBree vs Samara Brown
  • Wendy Moten vs Manny Keith
  • Jonathan Mouton vs Paris Winningham

One was aired in each battle episode.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe we’ve had a Hispanic winner on the show. 🤔 

What is the furthest a Hispanic contestant has made it on the show? I’m too lazy to look it up. Maybe it’s Aliyah Moulden. I believe she’s 1/2 Hispanic, but I could be wrong. Any other finalists?

If the surprise is about coach comeback, then what do you guys think who will be comeback artists?

Mine are:

Blake: Hailey or Carson

Kelly: Kinsey

John: KJ or Samara

Ariana: Katherine or Katie

But I think it's all about that audience are back for live shows.  

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe we’ve had a Hispanic winner on the show. 🤔 

What is the furthest a Hispanic contestant has made it on the show? I’m too lazy to look it up. Maybe it’s Aliyah Moulden. I believe she’s 1/2 Hispanic, but I could be wrong. Any other finalists?

Ricky from season seventeen was Hispanic and came in second.

• Like 1