The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

41 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Well, she is singing the Knockout mentor's song, so I think that that's highly unlikely.

Ariana's song just got montaged yesterday, so I dont think that saves her. 

I'm actually betting on Joshua/Sabrina to be the montage.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Angeles said:

random, but the swifties preferred Jack over Sabrina. 

Swiftie here. Yeah, i liked Sabrina more at first, but after a few re-listenings, i started liking Jack more. In my opinion, he managed to actually keep the essence of the song by keeping it simple. He connected with the song better in my opinion; Sabrina was great vocally but her whole performance didn't matched the vibe of the original. It felt off at times. 

Anyway, happy that we finally got a Taylor's song shown in full after four seasons :wub: (And one that is not from like, 5 years ago)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Ariana's song just got montaged yesterday, so I dont think that saves her. 

I'm actually betting on Joshua/Sabrina to be the montage.

I hope not, I actually like both song choices (and Joshua’s seems like the best fit for him on the show yet) but we’ll see.

• Like 1

I do not want Joshua vs. Sabrina to be montaged for two reasons. First, Sabrina slayed last night. And I am interested to see her sing her song even if it may not be exciting. Second, I think Joshua has lots of potential, but both of his performances have seemed too dramatic so far. I want to see the softer side of him.

I would rather see Lana vs. Carson be montaged. Carson was apparently not very good. Also, montaging him may help soften the blow to Minivan.

• Like 1

Do you guys think Holly vs Wyatt was taped after Kelly used her save? I find it hard to believe that , Kelly would let go of Wyatt like that considering how torn she was making the decision. Then again, she could have been acting that way cause she was contemplating on whether she should use her save or save it for Kinsey because she knew it was coming up next 🤔

4 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Do you guys think Holly vs Wyatt was taped after Kelly used her save? I find it hard to believe that , Kelly would let go of Wyatt like that considering how torn she was making the decision. Then again, she could have been acting that way cause she was contemplating on whether she should use her save or save it for Kinsey because she knew it was coming up next 🤔

Actually it seems like it was the first battle of the first taping (if the order is correct)

• Sad 1

The good 4 u battle is growing on me a bit, honestly. I actually really enjoy the drama that Joshua brought to it, even if he wasn't always on point vocally.

Its the same case as with Peedy, he clearly doesnt care if people like him on stage or not, he just does his thing.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The good 4 u battle is growing on me a bit, honestly. I actually really enjoy the drama that Joshua brought to it, even if he wasn't always on point vocally.

The biggest problem with the Good 4 U battle was not the vocals, it was the tempo. Josh and Keilah sounded frantic because the song was performed at warp speed (maybe to get all the lyrical content into the allotted time?)

If the tempo had been slowed down a bit, that battle would have been a lot more impactful.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The biggest problem with the Good 4 U battle was not the vocals, it was the tempo. Josh and Keisha sounded frantic because the song was performed at warp speed (maybe to get all the lyrical content into the allotted time?)

If the tempo had been slowed down a bit, that battle would have been a lot more impactful.

It did feel rushed, yeah. Barely gave them any time to breathe.

That was a pretty easy win for Ryleigh. Much better than her blind. She has a lot of charisma and her vocal tricks scored.

Still, overall, the battle dragged a bit for me, but much better than most of the battles last night.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Ryleigh was hitting those notes and runs like it was nothing. And she's able to show her power without oversinging. I think she has potential to do well w voters tbh. 

If Ariana's top 3 ends being Bella, Ryleigh and Holly, that's gonna be my fav coach team in a long time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HolyCannoli said:

Hi! Newbie here. Bella and Ryleigh are my Top 2. Just wanted to ask if The Voice US have ever had a 3 chair, 2 chair or even a 1 chair winner?

Definitely. A good majority of the winners aren't even four chairs. Just in the past four seasons:

S20 - Cam Anthony (3 chair)

S19 - Carter Rubin (2 chair)

S18 - Todd Tilghman (4 chair)

S17 - Jake Hoot (1 chair)

Edited by FloorWax

4 minutes ago, HolyCannoli said:

Hi! Newbie here. Bella and Ryleigh are my Top 2. Just wanted to ask if The Voice US have ever had a 3 chair, 2 chair or even a 1 chair winner?

Welcome - last season’s winner (Cam Anthony, highly recommend checking out the YouTube compilation of his performances) got three chairs, and the winner before him only turned two. We’ve even had two one-chair-turners win. Anything can happen with the live shows.

11 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Definitely. A good majority of the winners aren't even four chairs.

11 out of 20 winners are not four chair turners. So, only above half of the winners, i wouldn't exactly call that a  "good majority". But, there is still considerable amount of non-four chair turners as winners 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?