The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I’ll add that I don’t think this will move the needle much for Wendy, because if the song choice. Viewers know she can sing. Now, she needs to focus on what she needs to do to get votes. Her level of humility and likability on camera, and choosing better song choices will be key for her. 

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Wendy only showed up in the last 10 seconds and that was enough to seal the deal. It looked like she wasn’t even trying until that moment. What a monster :rofl:

this! I thought she doesn't feel good or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They are still playing the "No clue why Wendy chose Blake" storyline. Even Blake said it himself in the video

I'm sure at that point he had to have learned about Wendy's country career though, especially since Dierks knows her.

Probably keeping it a secret to show it later? Or maybe they are indeed just gonna keep Wendy in the R&B/Soul lane on the show?

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That was a good strategy: Holding back, giving the audience a little taste later with some runs, and then attacking mercilessly at the end. 

But for the love of God. LET. THIS. WOMAN. SING. COUNTRY.

I just want songs that put her tone in the spotlight. Country/Americana seem to do that, so I’m really hoping she gets to do it at some point.

She sounded beautiful here, don’t get me wrong, but some parts felt a bit karaoke-ish. I kept missing something which might be due to the song.

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I just want songs that put her tone in the spotlight. Country/Americana seem to do that, so I’m really hoping she gets to do it at some point.

She sounded beautiful here, don’t get me wrong, but some parts felt a bit karaoke-ish. I kept missing something which might be due to the song.

When you have range and power and understand how to use them, like Wendy, you can make a lot of songs work, even the two that she has done on the show so far, which are not good choices for her, in my opinion. But I we haven't had a chance to listen to her tone front and center, and like you said, country/americana would do that. So I'm hoping she eventually reveals that side of her.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Wendy is the type of contestant that is right up my alley but for some reason she doesn't do it for me. She always looks so bored in the stage.

Same. Tbh I prefer Gymani over her. 😬

8 minutes ago, Voice said:

They didn’t even sing together...just to each other until the very end like for one second and it was just high notes.

Oh yeah.. they didnt sing together. Didnt realize it when I watched it.

As a whole I wasnt really in love with the battle. Wendy is killer and Manny improved but the whole arrangement (including song choice) felt a bit disjointed.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

Oh yeah.. they didnt sing together. Didnt realize it when I watched it.

As a whole I wasnt really in love with the battle. Wendy is killer and Manny improved but the whole thing (including song choice) felt a bit disjointed.

yeah I share the same sentiments.

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They are still playing the "No clue why Wendy chose Blake" storyline. Even Blake said it himself in the video

I'm sure at that point he had to have learned about Wendy's country career though, especially since Dierks knows her.

Probably keeping it a secret to show it later? Or maybe they are indeed just gonna keep Wendy in the R&B/Soul lane on the show?

Didn’t Wendy mention her country credits during her Blinds package?  

Wendy definitely gave some of the best vocals this show’s seen in those last 30 seconds but Manny’s improvement from blinds? Phenomenal. He didn’t back down. That’s not a sympathy steal, it’s a well-deserved one.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Didn’t Wendy mention her country credits during her Blinds package?  

I believe she did mention a couple of country names, but many didnt seem to notice it, plus the show is currently selling her as R&B/Soul diva that for some unknown reason chose the country coach. 

They're giving them the "unlikely pairing, but could work" treatment, just like Cam last season.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic