The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Jack vs. Sabrina seems like an easy choice since, as has been mention, Taylor rarely, if ever, clears her songs to be aired on this show.  I really love "Cardigan," but it'll likely be montaged.

If Taylor rarely clears her songs to be sung on the show, then why do people sign them? And does that mean that Lana vs. Carson is more likely to be montaged since Lana sang a Taylor Swift song and Carson had some issues in the performance?

• Like 1

I heard KK vs. Vaughn and that was just a terrible choice for both of them…

Ari what is you doin with these song choices. One of the best songs of the era for sure, wrong setting - or at least very wrong contestants for it

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Wendy has been singing country for years. Keisha was learning on the fly. 

Still won't make me like hearing her sing it on the show if she indeed does so.

5 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

If Taylor rarely clears her songs to be sung on the show, then why do people sign them? And does that mean that Lana vs. Carson is more likely to be montaged since Lana sang a Taylor Swift song and Carson had some issues in the performance?

She's cleared many of them to be sung.  She's refused to clear many of them to be aired.

I believe that she cleared "Wildest Dreams," though.

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

At least the majority. I'm sure some users here won't be excited about their powerhouse R&B diva singing "boring" country.

even though i love my powerhouse divas, i (desperately) want Wendy to sing some country this season. my reasons:

1. i think singing country would be Wendy’s best shot at winning.

2. Wendy is currently a country artist off-show, so i’d like her to be able to show off all of her artistry on the show.

3. i know she’d deliver some really unique and amazing performances this season if she combines country and soul together.

so basically if Wendy doesn’t sing country, i WILL be rioting!

• Like 10

If Wendy wants to do country, she should get to. If not, that’s fine too.

That said, considering she’s done quite a bit of country work off show, I’d expect a soul-country crossover hit to be her best shot at making herself appeal to the audience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

*Headdesk*  Because it's country at all.  I don't like country no matter who's delivering the song!

I could accept that as a reason, if you were known as anti-country around here, like ptones, but I don’t recall seeing that side of you, other than Blake’s country singers, but your hate for contestants on his team transcends genres. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

*Headdesk*  Because it's country at all.  I don't like country no matter who's delivering the song!

Fair enough, even if I disagree personally. But what do you like musically anyway (I genuinely can’t figure it out)?

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Fair enough, even if I disagree personally. But what do you like musically anyway (I genuinely can’t figure it out)?

Pop, R&B, indie, and rock.  Some jazz/crooner and Broadway/musical theater, as well.  But that is all.

But NOT COUNTRY.

27 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She's cleared many of them to be sung.  She's refused to clear many of them to be aired.

I believe that she cleared "Wildest Dreams," though.

It seems weird though that songs that can’t be aired are deliberately chosen. Then yet again, I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, and this is an entertainment show, even if it should mainly be helping artists launch their musical careers. Thus, some singers may get swept under the rug.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I could accept that as a reason, if you were known as anti-country around here, like ptones, but I don’t recall seeing that side of you, other than Blake’s country singers, but your hate for contestants on his team transcends genres.

I'm just not as vocal about it.  But I'm very anti-country.

And FYI, I have nothing personal against any of his contestants on any season, or even Blake himself.  I just hate how horribly, painfully, unfairly easy they have it on this show.  Every other coach has to have their contestants fight for their survival week after week, while at least since season nine, all his contestants have really had to do is just be on his team, and they've had it made at least until the semifinals.  Yes, Austin, Courtney, Dave, and Cali were exceptions, but four exceptions aren't nearly enough for me.  It's just frustrating to see actual good artists on other teams do their best, but still lose, because they fall to his more average or mediocre artists who were just lucky to be on his team.  It's not entirely their fault.  I know that.  It's hugely the fault of his Minivan sheep.  But I can't take anything out on them, so his artists get it from me instead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Quick question, is the live format for this season the same as last season?

Not confirmed, but it's likely to be like S17 so far. Also we have more live shows so I don't see a reason to cut half the artists every round.

At this point I'm expecting the montages to be :

J: Sabrina vs Jack

K: TCS vs Parker

B: Berritt vs Kaitlyn

A: Jim/Sasha vs Sophia

Assuming this is the case, I'm actually expecting all the double montage contestants (Xavier, possibly Sabrina and Berritt) to be shown in full in the KOs.

• Like 1

It's unfair to draw the line between a powerhouse diva and country, considering we have Reba, Martina, Faith Hill... 

Also, maybe y'all should check an artist called Yola for a nice surprise. She's going to be peforming on the CMA's and pre-pandemic, was sharing the stage with Dolly Parton, The Highwomen and Sheryl Crow.

I love Wendy and she should perform country on the show and slay some Chris Stapleton or any other soulful country, because she got the pipes, the energy and the experience in Nashville for that. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Also, maybe y'all should check an artist called Yola for a nice surprise. She's going to be peforming on the CMA's and pre-pandemic, was sharing the stage with Dolly Parton, The Highwomen and Sheryl Crow.

love her! Her part on the Highwomen album was fantastic and the album released this year was great as well (leans more towards soul than country though)