The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I realize Ariana has a bigger following than Miley, but the latter is still a huge star, and has 132 million IG followers. Did her presence on the show impact ratings at all? If her fans were tuning in, they sure as hell didn’t take the time to learn how to vote. 

That`s the thing: If she can get her huge fanbase to actually watch the show and vote religiously (something I still have my doubts about), she could change some things.  If not, Blake will still dominate and Kelly still will have a good chance with the right contestants.

The only thing we know for sure is that John is screwed. He`s the new Adam.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I realize Ariana has a bigger following than Miley, but the latter is still a huge star, and has 132 million IG followers. Did her presence on the show impact ratings at all? If her fans were tuning in, they sure as hell didn’t take the time to learn how to vote. 

Miley has a lot of fans but few stans. Her fandom is mostly casual, they like her but that's it. Ariana has many hardcore stans who view her as a literal goddess. They'll watch at first for sure, be it on TV or youtube, the views will skyrocket somewhere. Getting them to watch regularly might be a bigger struggle but if she sends out a genuinely passionate request to vote for her contestant, they might do it even if they don't watch the show. I don't think the number of this devoted Arianators matches minivan but there'll at least be some opposition.

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

That`s the thing: If she can get her huge fanbase to actually watch the show and vote religiously (something I still have my doubts about), she could change some things.  If not, Blake will still dominate and Kelly still will have a good chance with the right contestants.

The only thing we know for sure is that John is screwed. He`s the new Adam.

Is it a John thing tho. Or a contestant thing. Maybe his contestants just aren't clicking with the audience. Wonder if John had Rachel and Nick had Victor would the results still be the same. 

Tbh I like John but hopefully S22 switches 2 coaches out like in the past. I'm more than ready for some brand new faces. 

7 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

Tbh I like John but hopefully S22 switches 2 coaches out like in the past. I'm more than ready for some brand new faces

Yeah I think for S22 John will be out. I think that season will get 2 new coaches. 1 to replace John and 1 to replace Ari (if she leaves)

40 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

Is it a John thing tho. Or a contestant thing. Maybe his contestants just aren't clicking with the audience. Wonder if John had Rachel and Nick had Victor would the results still be the same. 

Both, but more of a John thing at the end of the day. The audience just doesn`t like him.

17 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPV4KYBFTHX/?utm_medium=copy_link

damn Ari is a couple hundred thousand  likes from being the top celeb with the most liked picture on Instagram. (She is now 2nd couple likes behind XXXtentacion death post)

But I’m excited to see how she impacts the show. I’m hoping she can bring back the old voice views (9-11 mill a episode)

Hi, did you see her performance on iheartradio music awards last night with theweeknd? Pure star power 🌟 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Am I the only one who fears that we won’t get the token “AA Powerhouse” this season😢

We have had one every season since season 13 so chances are slim. But I actually don’t think we’ll have one either sigh😢 if we don’t get one then youll will Barely see me on idf 🤣

28 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

We have had one every season since season 13 so chances are slim. But I actually don’t think we’ll have one either sigh😢 if we don’t get one then youll will Barely see me on idf 🤣

You forgetting about Janice Keisha and Shi’Ann.

25 minutes ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Am I the only one who fears that we won’t get the token “AA Powerhouse” this season😢

If we get a great cast regardless, I wouldn’t mind. I could also do a season without the country guys :giggle:

The Voice really needs to change it up in terms of casting imo

15 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Ariana’s fans are more...intense. Think Swift fans. 

I think she’ll have much more support from her fans than Miley did. 

Also, I think minivan will like her more.

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Both, but more of a John thing at the end of the day. The audience just doesn`t like him.

John’s musical style is just different than the audiences and he doesn’t have the type of base to make them watch. 

I tend to like his song picks and musical preferences..but I’m not the core base.

Usher was the best of the R&B coaches because he was well versed in music outside of R&B..and therefore could have a variety. John, Alicia, and Jennifer all stayed in their own musical lane.

2 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Ariana’s fans are more...intense. Think Swift fans. 

I think she’ll have much more support from her fans than Miley did. 

Also, I think minivan will like her more.

Minivan is already dreading her addition to the panel. I don`t think they`ll like her, a bunch of them have referenced the donut licking incident, including the "I hate America" part. Don`t think they will let go of that.

2 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

John’s musical style is just different than the audiences and he doesn’t have the type of base to make them watch. 

I agree, John`s artists and taste are polar opposites with Minivan, but there`s more than that. There`s his politics, his comments, and now the controversy surrounding his wife, they just don`t like him, and that directly affects his artists.

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Minivan is already dreading her addition to the panel. I don`t think they`ll like her, a bunch of them have referenced the donut licking incident, including the "I hate America" part. Don`t think they will let go of that.

Bit when Ari comes will minivan still be the largest group of watchers?🤣 

Like her coach announcement post on FB got over 1M likes and that’s extremely bigger than minivan so idk it’ll be interesting to see

Edited by jus.vshn

8 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Bit when Ari comes will minivan still be the largest group of watchers?🤣 

Like her audition post on FB got over 1M likes and that’s extremely bigger than minivan so idk it’ll be interesting to see

We`ll see. Minivan and the intense Ariana fans pretty much hate their opposing target.

Minivan hates Ariana because of said incident and becaus she`s the opposite of what they musically like, plus they don`t like her public image as a whole. They are not even giving her a chance.

The Ariana fans hate Blake because he`s country, and they despise anything that has to do with country music, not to mention I`ve seen several prejudicial comments about him and people from the south in general coming from them.

But what do these fanbases have in common?: They are both annoying as hell. At this point it will be a matter of who annoys IDF the most

Edited by Misirlou

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

now they are mainly mentioning she is too young in her career to coach, she can’t sing, or the main thing they want nick back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Like her coach announcement post on FB got over 1M likes and that’s extremely bigger than minivan so idk it’ll be interesting to see

I just looked at that. She has 44 million followers, and I’m supposed to be impressed by 1 million likes on her own post? Meh. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I just looked at that. She has 44 million followers, and I’m supposed to be impressed by 1 million likes on her own post? Meh. 

now we all know how it is with every celebrities account. The likes never match up with the follower count. the fact that it is on FB and still got 1M likes with 55K comments makes it even more notebale. And that’s like 10x the interaction than on the other coaches’ Facebook. So it’s pretty good especially for someone who doesn’t do country music

Edited by jus.vshn

13 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

now we all know how it is with every celebrities account. The likes never match up with the follower count. the fact that it is on FB and still got 1M likes with 55K comments makes it even more notebale. And that’s like 10x the interaction than on the other coaches’ Facebook. So it’s pretty good especially for someone who doesn’t do country music

It actually has WAY more likes than her other posts, but it was shared a sh-t ton. We don’t know how many of those will even watch the show. It sounds like you’re assuming those are votes in the bank. Ratings may increase at first, out of curiosity, but in order for her to win, or even contend for the win , her TCO will need minivan votes, just like everyone else. I suspect much of the demographic that stans her doesn’t even watch TV. 

Edited by TeamAudra