The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, echoap said:

I keep hearing that one Swon carried the other so I considered them similar to Hello Sunday in the sense that they weren't exactly a "solid" group act and they mainly benefited from their country/teen status. In GNT's case they don't have these advantages but they have crossover appeal and aren't unlikeable characters so I'm very intrigued about their future on the show. 

I think we are in agreement here. 😎

Don't think they were teens though.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, echoap said:

I keep hearing that one Swon carried the other so I considered them similar to Hello Sunday in the sense that they weren't exactly a "solid" group act and they mainly benefited from their country/teen status. In GNT's case they don't have these advantages but they have crossover appeal and aren't unlikeable characters so I'm very intrigued about their future on the show. 

Also keep in mind that GNT’s songs have Minivan appeal in a season where there aren’t many contestants in the genre. At this point, I’m thinking they will at least be in the Semis

• Like 2

The Swons indeed mostly relied on one member, so did HS and WTW. GNT's audition showed they are a three headed monster. Not to mention Caleb (one of the brothers) took the lead there. Now Bekah took the lead in the battle. If they can easily interchange functions like that, then they are good to go. Plus, like it has been mentioned, they are likable, plus they are with a coach Minivan doesn't mind to vote for.

And another thing, they are getting pimped quite a bit. They got to kick off the season, and have already gotten a leak. I expected them to be in the KOs premiere. Not to mention Kelly let go of her more safe bet to stick with them. She's got their back, and TPTB won't overrule her in that sense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

a what?

A church/religious group historically related to but distinct from Amish.  Only noticed because it was mentioned in the Goshen College concert material.  "Having grown up in the Mennonite tradition in rural Ohio, Girl Named Tom was steeped in glorious four-part singing, and harmony is now the backbone of their sound." https://goshen.universitytickets.com/w/event.aspx?id=1401&r=12613e26ed6545faa5b6684fed333cac

I grew up near a Mennonite community.  Good people. Wikipedia has a long article.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Has it been mentioned on TV that GNT are from a Mennonite community?  Interesting and kinda cool 

They didn’t mention anything about their backstory yet, but maybe they will get their backstory soon

• Like 1

So far Wendy/Manny's battle song and GNT/Kinsey's are the only ones that have been done before out of the ones we know. The other ones haven't:

Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)

Car Wash (Rose Royce)

Sugar, We're Goin Down (Fall Out Boy)

Good 4 U (Olivia Rodrigo)

Save Your Tears (The Weeknd ft Ariana Grande)

Telepatía (Kalí Uchis)

Cardigan (Taylor Swift)

We're likely getting other fresh songs apart from these from the missing pairings.

Edited by Misirlou

14 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Btw, on the question of lead voices, their website says their "sound is built on the palpable voice of Bekah Grace and her two brothers’ beautiful sibling harmony."FWIW.

As it should be. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, ainirazali said:

You guys, I'm sorry if I sound lame but I'm newbie here, can someone explain to me what is minivan and tptb, idk what is that. Thank you

Minivan is the show's main demographic that votes and tptb means "The Power That Be" I think which refers to the producers

3 minutes ago, ainirazali said:

You guys, I'm sorry if I sound lame but I'm newbie here, can someone explain to me what is minivan and tptb, idk what is that. Thank you

Minivan = the main demographic that watches the show (40+ women who are from the Southern and Midwestern US, the same demographic generally associated with the sort of people who Drive minivans to drive their kids around)

TPTB = the powers that be, or the producers

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I love Xavier Cornell's tone from his blind snippet. Hope we at least get to hear one of his remaining two performances in full.

Same here! He’s been one of my favorite artists this season since before the blinds (that Francisco Martin cover on his Instagram is amazing)

42 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I love Xavier Cornell's tone from his blind snippet. Hope we at least get to hear one of his remaining two performances in full.

Same, wasn’t expecting to enjoy his tone but hopefully we’ll get to hear more from him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Katherine and Vaughns battle seems to be on Tuesday.

Since Tuesdays are tricky days for battles, we don't know if it'll be shown in full or a montage.

Edited by Misirlou

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic