The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That was very good. Not sure who would I pick though. 

Same. I actually thought it was pretty even. Kinsey's tone just cuts through, but GNT is undeniable as well. The decision probably would have been easier if Bekah's solos weren't so far back in the mix.

Also, of course the intro was the best part, but I keep replaying this one too:

Kinsey: There-

GNT: THEREEE ARE STARS

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Same. I actually thought it was pretty even. Kinsey's tone just cuts through, but GNT is undeniable as well. The decision probably would have been easier if Bekah's solos weren't so far back in the mix.

Also, of course the intro was the best part, but I keep replaying this one too:

Kinsey: There-

GNT: THEREEE ARE STARS

Wait until Knockouts when Bekah’s mic doesn’t get limited because of the battle setting. 

• Like 3

Good battle. Honestly, I prefer Kinsey here, but I’d have to hear it live to know for sure. 

Full disclosure: I’ve always hated duos and trios on the show, and this awkward situation of 3 singing against 1 is a big reason. 

• Like 1

Also, looking forward to see the red guy from Mjsbigblog react to this. He hasnt been impressed at all this season but GNT is by far his favorite act. He also hates The Eagles with a burning passion, so it'll be interesting to see the contrast lol

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Interesting how GNT got a country song for their battle, and TJR didnt.

The most well-known version of this song is by the Eagles who were not considered a country act. 

Very good battle! I prefer GNT. Kinsey has a unique tone, but I didn't find it like a triple steal? 

It would have been great if she has chosen Blake (Kelly tells her that she loves her voice but then she does this: Gymani vs. Kinsey Rose)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jus.willy said:

I actually enjoyed the first part a lot then the rest just did nothing for me tbh

Do you mean you enjoyed the a Capella part, but not so much when the music kicked in?  Just curious what you didn't like about the the rest.

9 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The most well-known version of this song is by the Eagles who were not considered a country act. 

Yeah, but they got the Dolly version, which is definitely more in the country vein.

3 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Very good battle! I prefer GNT. Kinsey has a unique tone, but I didn't find it like a triple steal? 

It would have been great if she has chosen Blake (Kelly tells her that she loves her voice but then she does this: Gymani vs. Kinsey Rose)

Tho according to sources Kinsey did underperform in the KO and sources expected more from Kinsey . Blake would have paired her with Wendy or Lana and given that both Lana and Wendy apparently delivered and Kinsey somewhat underperformed ,Blake wouldn’t have picked Kinsey.

9 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Song written by Steve Young and this is Dolly's more bluegrass version - check it out.  After listening to GNT's stuff, they are so versatile, I definitely wouldn't label them a country band, but they stepped up to the challenge and delivered.  This tune was right in Kinsey's wheelhouse and she nailed it too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice said:

I feel like this was the leak bc they probably don’t want to show Ariana losing a steal on social media lol

I'm sure they'd be alright with a country artist not picking Ariana lol

By your logic, they'd leak Jeremy and Jershika instead because she's RnB and John was the only other option

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I'm sure they'd be alright with a country artist not picking Ariana lol

By your logic, they'd leak Jeremy and Jershika instead because she's RnB and John was the only other option

They wont be ok with Jershika not picking her lol.

Either way, even if they leak that battle, they are gonna find out.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic