The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

On X Factor there are these really, really bad auditions, which are supposed to be bad. It’s done in a comedic way (seeing the judges holding back their laughter, Simon Cowell tearing apart the contestants) and the contestants are obviously a joke so that makes it ok to laugh or mock them (most of the time)

On The Voice everyone who makes the blind auditions is supposed to be good. They have either made it through auditions or been invited, but they are all talented and want to do their best. So when someone is really bad, it’s isn’t the intended outcome, and we are expected to feel bad for them, not mock them, which is what’s happening with Sophia.

Except Sophia wasn’t really bad. But Jared was.

Sophia is doing better on Facebook than KJ, Manny, Jershika and LiBianca, and about even with Wyatt, so there is that. 

I’m not into her style, but I think it’s best to just let it be at this point. She chose to be on a singing competition show, and a handful a negative comments here and there is part of the deal. Obviously, some of them crossed the line, but engaging those few people only brings more attention to it. I wouldn’t have even read the comments had it not been mentioned here. 

I’m not sure who else noticed, but Ariana seemed very hesitant when hitting her button in the first taping. She turned for David, the first auditioner, at the last second, and hesitated to turn around for Aaron when she wanted to in the beginning. She also turned around for GNT last (right after Blake). She also didn’t turn for Bella until Kelly and John did. It seemed like at first, she was afraid to turn before the other coaches

• Like 3

so, another thing I've realized about the Team Legend battles is... how do you take Sabrina, who sang a Portuguese jazz song, and Jack, who sang a low, raspy version of "House of The Rising Sun" then pair them together for a battle of Taylor Swift's "Cardigan"?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

I’m not sure who else noticed, but Ariana seemed very hesitant when hitting her button in the first taping. She turned for David, the first auditioner, at the last second, and hesitated to turn around for Aaron when she wanted to in the beginning. She also turned around for GNT last (right after Blake). She also didn’t turn for Bella until Kelly and John did. It seemed like at first, she was afraid to turn before the other coaches

IMHO, the producers deliberately picked David as the first audition to test how she would respond to contestants singing her songs. It’s a bit of a mindf#$k because the coaches don’t want to be seen as egotistical (my song, turn!) yet they don’t want to be seen as overly critical (you sang it wrong, no turn!). 

I think Ariana was intimidated by that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

IMHO, the producers deliberately picked David as the first audition to test how she would respond to contestants singing her songs. It’s a bit of a mindf#$k because the coaches don’t want to be seen as egotistical (my song, turn!) yet they don’t want to be seen as overly critical (you sang it wrong, no turn!). 

I think Ariana was intimidated by that.

Yeah, It’s clear that she was unsure of what she wanted to do during David’s audition. Glad he got that chair turn though (Maybe the other coaches didn’t turn because they wanted to let Ariana have him)

Edited by Cookie73

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

so, another thing I've realized about the Team Legend battles is... how do you take Sabrina, who sang a Portuguese jazz song, and Jack, who sang a low, raspy version of "House of The Rising Sun" then pair them together for a battle of Taylor Swift's "Cardigan"?

Samuel vs Jack could have been perfect and KJ-Sabrina too (with the right song).
I need the full version of Sabrina' audition, her tone is so sweet

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Seems like based on song choice and genre for the blinds KJ with Sabrina and Jack with Sam would’ve made more sense as battle matchups.

• Like 3

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unpinned this topic