The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Hi guys ! Had a busy week so I'm just catching up with the premiere week and those 255496 spoiler thread new pages :dead:   A few thoughts :

• WENDY MOTEN. Give her the freaking trophy.
  • Pleasantly surprised by GNT and Samuel, their BAs were a hundred times better than anything on their SM. Song choice is key.
  • Gymani was awesome, love that she showed restraint too, they better not label her as a screamer or we're gonna have a problem. I hope Kelly is invested in her cause I'm really worried about her fate in the playoffs.
  • GNT remains the superior group, I feel like Sacha is carrying Jim (so far at least, I hope he takes the lead at some point too)
  • Katherine is underrated, I thought that out of the softer pop voices she was the best actually.
  • Seeing the intro packages and getting to know who they are as human beings, I'm now really sad for the ones who went home in the KOs
  • I know it's irrelevent because of the Ariana bias but going back and forth Gymani and Wendy's YT views, I can't decide whether this platform has immaculate taste or is pure trash.
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, thevoicefan said:

I think the KO Lana VS Carson will be montaged

Did they both not do so well? 

Like, if Lana did really well and deservingly beat Carson, there won't be much outrage, so it wouldn't make sense for The Voice to montage it.

If they both didn't do too well and it could've gone either way (or if Carson did better), then there would be more outrage to losing Carson, so I feel like The Voice would montage that in order to avoid backlash.

At least, I assume it would work that way.

8 minutes ago, British Man said:

Did they both not do so well? 

Like, if Lana did really well and deservingly beat Carson, there won't be much outrage, so it wouldn't make sense for The Voice to montage it.

If they both didn't do too well and it could've gone either way (or if Carson did better), then there would be more outrage to losing Carson, so I feel like The Voice would montage that in order to avoid backlash.

At least, I assume it would work that way.

According to the sources that watched it live, Lana did do better. Carson played the fiddle and that ended up hurting his performance, this was also noted by the coaches apparently. And I can see it happening, since playing fiddle while singing is extremely hard.

The outrage from FB predictions comes from the fact that Carson already has been better recieved than Lana (He already surpassed her on views and reacts despite being uploaded yesterday), and Minivan recognizes him as the little kid that played the fiddle at the Grand Ole Opry, so when he gets eliminated after bringing it out, the might not be too happy.

And of course we have Jordan last season, who did much better than Ethan in the KO yet Minivan went berserk because of that result. 

But I dont think it will be montaged, honestly.

Edited by Misirlou

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

According to the sources that watched it live, Lana did do better. Carson played the fiddle and that ended up hurting his performance, this was also noted by the coaches apparently. And I can see it happening, since playing fiddle while singing is extremely hard.

The outrage from FB predictions comes from the fact that Carson already has been better recieved than Lana (He already surpassed her on views and reacts despite being uploaded yesterday), and Minivan recognizes him as the little kid that played the fiddle at the Grand Ole Opry, so when he gets eliminated after bringing it out, the might not be too happy.

And of course we have Jordan last season, who did much better than Ethan in the KO yet Minivan went berserk because of that result. 

I don't think the outrage will be the same this year though (at least I hope not). Like, Carson ended up making his performance worse to the point where the coaches felt as if they had to call it out, while there wasn't anything wrong with Ethan's performance, it's just Jordan was better.

Like, everyone on YouTube loved Kelsie Watts, but when the knockouts happened, people recognized that there was something wrong with Kelsie's performance (and the coaches didn't even call Kelsie out on that), so they were fine with Madeline winning that knockout.

Of course, I am not the best at predictions, but maybe this will be more like Kelsie vs Madeline compared to Ethan vs Jordan?

4 minutes ago, British Man said:

I don't think the outrage will be the same this year though (at least I hope not). Like, Carson ended up making his performance worse to the point where the coaches felt as if they had to call it out, while there wasn't anything wrong with Ethan's performance, it's just Jordan was better.

Sources from last season actually said the coaches did call out Ethan on pitch issues. Even Blake said something regarding his performance. They just cut that out of the episode. It seems like they tuned him a bit on his vocals too.

Dont know what will happen with Carson vs Lana honestly, but honestly I hope FB remains civil either way with the result. IDF often likes it when Minivan rages but at the end of the day the contestants are the ones affected by the hate.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I hope not, Lana's version of "Wildest Dreams" is one of the performances I'm looking forward to the most

The bright side is, even if Lana starts getting hate on Facebook (which she probably will because we know these people), the swifties (starting with me:teeheewave:) are gonna be all over her performance on YouTube. So, at least, she is gonna get some praise, even if it doesn't translate to votes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The bright side is, even if Lana starts getting hate on Facebook (which she probably will because we know these people), the swifties (starting with me:teeheewave:) are gonna be all over her performance on YouTube. So, at least, she is gonna get some praise, even if it doesn't translate to votes.

Yeah, YT and specially Twitter will be all over it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

But I dont think it will be montaged, honestly.

It's Blake, so he won't be.  He hasn't had the Knockout montage since season nine.

• Like 2

I'd really wish they would just show all KOs in full. Its such an important round for the contestants. The person that gets the dreaded KO montage is carrying more weight in their back going into the lives and the best they can hope these days is that their coach saves them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'd really wish they would just show all KOs in full. Its such an important round for the contestants. The person that gets the dreaded KO montage is carrying more weight in their back going into the lives and the best they can hope these days is that their coach saves them.

Didn't hurt Matt or Zach.

10 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

LMAO ur srs? That’s Ariana back when she was singing on Victorious😭

Not everyone in the universe (including on this forum) has followed Ariana Grande’s career since she was a teenager. I knew that she started on kids’ TV, but I wouldn’t have recognized her character without context.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Didn't hurt Matt or Zach.

But they were also with the two staples of the coaching panel ON TOP OF having decent playoffs performances (either in terms of vocals or entertainment value) - had either been with Gwen or Pharrell, it could’ve been a very different story.

I can only think of a couple other KO montages that survived the playoffs, so having the KOs cut back seems to do more harm than good.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?