Jump to content

The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We still dont know about the format. Hopefully it indeed goes back to normal and we dont have team quotas this season.

Since there's a fifth spot this season also, they might do quotas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Still, it takes the suspense away completely. We're just gonna have to hope he gets support. And the fact that he was well recieved in FB last night could be a good sign.

Yeah, agree. Also, I don't see quotas working longer than three weeks leading up to the finale which is less than the old format. In the end, the more performance the better, regardless of placement.

Yeah, he was received well enough last night that I think he can make semis, especially in a season with no obvious minivan threats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Torres said:

I hope so. I just checked on Wiki on teams section.


It’s Wikipedia though. They could have forgotten to update the thing. And I hope they get rid of the five finalists because five finalists is too many. Though I wouldn’t mind a finale with five people in it 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:


It’s Wikipedia though. They could have forgotten to update the thing. And I hope they get rid of the five finalists because five finalists is too many. Though I wouldn’t mind a finale with five people in it 😉

True. I just miss the old format with top vote getters advancing. Also coach performances with their teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are my audition ratings so far 

 

#18 Jonathan Mouton - idk i just really didn’t like it, not really a great song for auditioning

 

#17 Hailey Green - yay she made a comeback, but i still dont like the style that much (high notes were good)

 

#16 Kinsey Rose - basic country girl, don’t know why kelly used her block

 

#15 Vaughn Mugol - meh audition to premiere, some flats

 

#14 Joshua Vacanti - the beginning was good until he hit the high notes, everything except for the high notes were good it’s just that he never hit the high notes well and that’s the best part of the song

 

#13 Jack Rogan - cool and clean but no energy or emotion

 

#12 Jim & Sasha Allen - was expecting better vocals? more power? hopefully they do a hello sunday move though

 

#11 Katherine Ann Mohler - good. some weird parts and i don’t like how it’s the most viewed video out of the premiere (vaughn dosnt count) just because ariana when there are much much better auditions

 

#10 Chavon Rodgers - some parts were just off but other than that he was good and i liked some flips he did to the song

 

#9 Katie Rae - some pretty good clean runs, but that’s it

 

#8 Lana Scott - an entire vibe, just felt really happy watching this, theatrical almost

 

#7 Carolina Alonso - one chair turn that should’ve been like a 3 chair turn, just a lot of really good high notes

 

#6 Gymani - really good take on the song with cool flips (it’s blowing up on youtube trending!!)

 

#5 Peedy Chavis - a really good not cringe elvis audition, it felt really groovy and john was into it and so was i

 

#4 Paris Winningham - criminally underrated, i was feeling every bit of it. those growls were really good (better then chris weaver sorry). only part i would change is that the beginning was somewhat overdone 

 

#3 Girl Named Tom - best group ive seen on the show, really peaceful vibe and harmonies and chair turns were timed well 

 

#2 Samuel Harness - those first two lines were so good and his unique rasp and tone really ties it in for me, such a good audition

 

#1 Wendy Moten - vocally this might be the best audition ive ever seen dont come at me thx. other than that her entire high part was so good and i could not stop raising my eyebrows every 0 seconds like wtf that was so good

 

reply with your thoughts this took 20 minutes of my precious time to write soooooo also excited for episode 3!!!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read a comment that I agree with, and it said that both Jim and Wendy, the oldest contestants this season, sound younger that what they are. Their voices have a youthful feel to it.

 

On the other hand, Gymani and Peedy are young but sound way older than they actually are.

 

In terms of age, I thought Lana was a teen lol, definitely surprised that she's 28. Didnt expect Paris to be 32 as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I read a comment that I agree with, and it said that both Jim and Wendy, the oldest contestants this season, sound younger that what they are. Their voices have a youthful feel to it.

 

On the other hand, Gymani and Peedy are young but sound way older than they actually are.

 

In terms of age, I thought Lana was a teen lol, definitely surprised that she's 28. Didnt expect Paris to be 32 as well.

Kinsey and Katie are older than Paris

Kinsey and Katie are two decades older than Hailey

Lana and Vaughn are multiple years older than Gymani

Wendy isn't the oldest contestant of the season

 

Veggietales Confused GIF - Veggietales Confused Shocked - Discover & Share  GIFs

  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Kinsey and Katie are older than Paris

Kinsey and Katie are two decades older than Hailey

Lana and Vaughn are multiple years older than Gymani

Wendy isn't the oldest contestant of the season

 

Veggietales Confused GIF - Veggietales Confused Shocked - Discover & Share  GIFs

Kinsey being older than Paris is definitely a left turn lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that Peedy is going the showman route rather than folk/country, (at least that we know of, since we dont know his KO song choice), it makes sense that Blake didnt ever pair him against Carson now, especially since Lana is more country that what I expected, hence why that pairing happened.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Given that Peedy is going the showman route rather than folk/country, (at least that we know of, since we dont know his KO song choice), it makes sense that Blake didnt ever pair him against Carson now, especially since Lana is more country that what I expected, hence why that pairing happened.

 

 

It still should’ve been Carson vs. Hailey and Lana vs. LiBianca given the song choices (imo.)

Edited by Bk1234
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It still should’ve been Carson vs. Hailey and Lana vs. LiBianca given the song choices (imo.)

Hailey vs Carson : Blake Shelton vs George Strait (lol).

 

Lana vs LiBianca : Taylor Swift vs Billie Eilish.

 

Yeah, it makes sense.

 

Given what happened with the fiddle I assume Hailey would have won and out of Lana and LiBianca, Blake would probably take the later for diversity.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Voice said:

GNT is Live on IG. They said that they had planned on going with Blake before the show. But they said he was being a jerk to Kelly and they really liked what Kelly said. They also said that Ariana was too much of a risk.

interesting 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Voice said:

GNT is Live on IG. They said that they had planned on going with Blake before the show. But they said he was being a jerk to Kelly and they really liked what Kelly said. They also said that Ariana was too much of a risk.

Honestly I can see that - Blake’s got a very dry sense of humor but he’s crossed lines before even within the frenemy framework he and Kelly have (and seems like they know the strategy game with the show to an extent).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Voice said:

GNT is Live on IG. They said that they had planned on going with Blake before the show. But they said he was being a jerk to Kelly and they really liked what Kelly said. They also said that Ariana was too much of a risk.

 

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Honestly I can see that - Blake’s got a very dry sense of humor but he’s crossed lines before even within the frenemy framework he and Kelly have (and seems like they know the strategy game with the show to an extent).

Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't go with John after the lure of the obscure artist's name, like he did with Mendeleyev.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

 

Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't go with John after the lure of the obscure artist's name, like he did with Mendeleyev.

I think had it just been Josh (the longer haired brother whose face lit up at the names) by himself, that would’ve been the case, but Kelly is the more strategic pick since she’s got more audience appeal than John does and unfortunately, that matters as much as the artist’s own appeal (if not more).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...