The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

37 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Well from Deadline interview 

Frances Berwick, Chairman, Entertainment Networks, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming, said, “Going into the 21st cycle in the fall, The Voice remains one of the most popular shows on television and we want to keep it that way. We want to eventize this iconic series. We think The Voice will be on NBC for a very long time to come and we believe the best way to protect the brand, while also superserving fans is to produce one amazing cycle this year.”

So what other change they can make to eventize TV  :muwahaha:

• Haha 1

Just now, Dany said:

Frances Berwick, Chairman, Entertainment Networks, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming, said, “Going into the 21st cycle in the fall, The Voice remains one of the most popular shows on television and we want to keep it that way. We want to eventize this iconic series. We think The Voice will be on NBC for a very long time to come and we believe the best way to protect the brand, while also superserving fans is to produce one amazing cycle this year.”

Given how low ratings have been recently, they had to do something. And I hope they realize that the return of the normal format is needed, especially since it`s gonna come to one season per year now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dany said:

although i love having two seasons a year, the lack of Tuesday episodes + the smaller casts + the fewer live shows have really lessened the quality of the show. i’d much rather have one full-sized, quality season than two smaller, weaker seasons, so i really like this idea!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

although i love having two seasons a year, the lack of Tuesday episodes + the smaller casts + the fewer live shows have really lessened the quality of the show. i’d much rather have one full-sized, quality season than two smaller, weaker seasons, so i really like this idea!!

So that means we are going  back to Teams of 12, Tuesday and Monday Episodes and etc? 

9 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i’d much rather have one full-sized, quality season than two smaller, weaker seasons, so i really like this idea!!

Yeah, I’m fine with the one season per year if it means we’ll be getting a longer, quality season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't mind 1 season a year if it means more performances.

But also let's go back to S8 or even S5 format. I want all the performances and to enjoy my faves as much as possible.

PO format - 24/20 - 13 - 11 - 10 - 8 - 6(perform twice) - 4(perform 3 times)

Also get the 4-way KO the f*** out of here, lmao its so bad.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

So that means we are going  back to Teams of 12, Tuesday and Monday Episodes and etc? 

At least for S21, we`re getting Mondays and Tuesdays again. No clue about the format, but probably the same one as S18-S20.

For S22, with the one season per year now, I hope it goes back to the normal format. It`s the logical move, but I don`t know what to expect with these guys.

wow.... big change i guess

i dont know how i feel about it, given that i'd love to get to konw the contestants better on the show and i dont like the current season format, but i also liked having two seasons per year

37 minutes ago, Dany said:

Crossovers with Law & Order where the contestants get to play suspects. The further you go on The Voice, the bigger the role. 🤔

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

wow.... big change i guess

i dont know how i feel about it, given that i'd love to get to konw the contestants better on the show and i dont like the current season format, but i also liked having two seasons per year

At least it probably won’t conflict with S20 of Idol lol. :haha:

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

We`ll see. It`d be the smartest decision to air the show in the fall then.

That's pretty much why I think they're going down to one per year -- so as not to compete with AI in the spring.

I don’t think it’s because of idol, the spring seasons have felt like an afterthought for the last few seasons. 

With having mondays/tuesdays in the fall we’ll be back to a regular season for season 21, which is great. And I do think it will keep the show fresh, 40 shows a year is a lot.

But I’m definitely going to suffer withdrawal in the spring 

• Like 2