The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I'm from Facebook and I could barely find positive comments on the coaches performance. I think the ratings may have declined despite Ariana as the new judge since most minivan comments just criticised her and saying that was their last season watching. A lot of comments there hate Kelly and Ariana.

• Like 1

There is a noticeable bump on social media (not really on Facebook, though), but I’m sorry, it’s just not enough for me to be impressed, given how many followers Ari has. All but a minuscule percentage of them don’t seem to care. On IG, Gymani’s blind has 67K views after 8 hours, and she sang an Ari song. It’s doing better on YT, but it’s not enough to move the needle much, when we’re talking about a bump of a couple hundred thousand views, just because she sang an Ari song. I’m underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How they do the first time they go live seems to be the defining moment for most duos and trios. 

It also depends on the song they get. If they get a stripped down, acoustic song like GNT did yesterday, there's gonna be more room for them to listen to each other and take control. An upbeat tends to be more chaotic.

But what matters the most, of course, is skill level in harmonizing.

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Gymani's views officially passed everyone that performed last night (excluding Vaughn ofc)! Badass

In general the view game in youtube is strong rn! Hopefully it stays this way and the contestants get the exposure they deserve

Alll of this! I haven’t seen an audition get this much views so quick since like season 15 ! Yes these artists deserve the exposure! We love it here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Alll of this! I haven’t seen an audition get this much views so quick since like season 15 ! Yes these artists deserve the exposure! We love it here.

It’s because she sang an Ariana song. They’re all going to turn on her as soon as her coach choice is revealed. Poor girl!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Torres said:

I'm from Facebook and I could barely find positive comments on the coaches performance. I think the ratings may have declined despite Ariana as the new judge since most minivan comments just criticised her and saying that was their last season watching. 

They pretty much say this like, every season. Nothing new :dead:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

It’s because she sang an Ariana song. They’re all going to turn on her as soon as her coach choice is revealed. Poor girl!

definitely and the fact that the thumbnail has four chairs and the caption is intriguing.  Social media team did that and now they’re getting what they wanted. As they should.

yeah I’ll be glued to twittwr when she says who she chooses.

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Just saw this, so close to showtime.

People are saying that she liked what Kelly said, as well as what John said, but I don't think that we should ignore Ariana.  She almost cried at her comments to her.  Clearly, she liked them, too.  I just think that Kelly's a better fit since she would probably get her more, at least musically.

That said, Kelly's pitch points more to my frustrations with her in the Blinds.  She constantly uses other coaches turning as an excuse not to turn herself.  I mean, Gwen sometimes gives even weaker pitches than Kelly, but I respect her "I've still got to try" sort of willingness in at least trying to fight for the ones she wants, even if they don't pick her.  Sometimes, we even saw it pay off in spite of her doubts (JChosen, Hunter Plake*, Brennley Brown*, Troy Ramey, Calvin Lockett, Destiny Rayne*, Payge Turner) because she fought hard for them.  Kelly sees a coach turn whom she doubts she could beat, and doesn't even try.

This was the first time in a while I've ever seen her afraid for her chances because of another coach, but go for it, anyway.  It's actually very refreshing to see from her.  Maybe with this paying off big for her, she'll be more inclined to at least try to do so in future seasons.

*I'm well aware that those were all Battle steals rather than Blind acquisitions, but she nonetheless fought hard for them, too, despite any doubts that she might've had.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2