The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think her odds went up a little last night. So did Peedy’s.  And they will continue to climb as long as Wendy stays in the “screamer” lane. 

I agree with Peedy looking more dangerous than Wendy. She's not going to stand out if she does the exact same thing that any other diva does on the show. 

27 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Why the need to compare though? They're both good (queens) on their own and it's not like they are on the same team :haha:

Why compare? Because the point of the show is to pick who you like the best! How else would you decide who to vote for other than compare them? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MulherPepita said:

Gymani and Kinsey are so different. Why Kelly paired them together? lol

Kinsey ended up as fodder. It was clear from the moment she threw her against the monster that is GNT.

After hearing them both last night, I hope she didnt get drowned in the battle, because even though she missed out on projection for me, she does have a lovely tone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, echoap said:

I agree with Peedy looking more dangerous than Wendy. She's not going to stand out if she does the exact same thing that any other diva does on the show. 

She can still excel doing that, given she’s on Team Blake, and she will slay every performance, but I’m going to agree it will hurt her chances to win. I feel like it’s TPTB driven, because that’s not her style in the real world now. I’m not sure it ever was, tbh. Peedy’s vulnerability is his inexperience, and he’s an adult teen, which means he won’t be given an unlimited length of rope. He has to deliver. 

Edited by TeamAudra

31 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

true i just need to hear another song from Wendy to make sure I can see what else she can do

She has a 35 year career. There’s plenty out there to see what she can do. Was this the first time you’ve heard her sing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Kinsey ended up as fodder. It was clear from the moment she threw her against the monster that is GNT.

After hearing them both last night, I hope she didnt get drowned in the battle, because even though she missed out on projection for me, she does have a lovely tone.

I’m more worried about GNT being glorified background singers in that battle :ph34rwave: I’m sure the song choice will favor them over Kinsey, but solo artists usually stand out more in a Voice battle (I only recall the Bundys vs Mikaela as an exception)

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

After seeing the post-singing talk from Gymani’s audition, I can see why she didn’t pick Ariana. Singing an AG song was a gimmick, but she is NOT a pop singer by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah I can see why she picked Kelly. the “there’s no one like you on my team” got her

Just now, Daillon said:

Btw, I’m surprised by some comments saying Wendy held back. I couldn’t disagree more (I would argue her blind was a bit overkill :haha:, at least vocally)

yeah I don’t think she held back lol. She showed her power and her power made the audition such a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Yeah I can see why she picked Kelly. the “there’s no one like you on my team” got her

That’s not what I meant at all. That might be why she chose Kelly over John, but not why she chose Kelly over Ariana. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I’m more worried about GNT being glorified background singers in that battle :ph34rwave: I’m sure the song choice will favor them over Kinsey, but solo artists usually stand out more in a Voice battle (I only recall the Bundys vs Mikaela as an exception)

It depends on their partner. I think Kinsey has a lovely tone as I said, but I want to see more power behind it. GNT showed that, which is why I had that thought.

As for song choice, its actually more in Kinsey's wheelhouse since she's country and grew up singing Dolly.

Either way, looking forward to that battle.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1