The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Well, that was an interesting editing choice for Wendy's coach comment portion. The way it played out in real life it really seemed like she was going to pick Kelly. During the listing of different artist she's collaborated with she mentioned Kirk Whalum. It took Kelly a minute to realize what she had said and she came back to it later and mentioned that Kirk's son Kyle is her bass player and that she and Kirk had performed together before. Wendy acted upset that Kelly performed with Kirk without her, that's when Kelly made the comment about having a TV show (implying she could make that collab happen on there). Wendy also was aware that Kyle was in Kelly's band. So it really seemed like Wendy was going with Kelly. Both Kelly and Ariana seemed to be pitching Wendy harder than Blake. In Kelly's closing argument she talked about how song choice was so key on this show and that's something she really felt she could help her with. Ariana basically told Wendy that she already knows what she's doing and she'd just allow her to do her thing. Both Kelly and Ariana had strong pitches and based on the genre Wendy sang they seemed more in Wendy's lane, so they were both understandably super confused when Blake got picked over them. People in the audience seemed taken off guard by it as well. I disagree with the source that told someone on the spoiler team that characterized Kelly being angry at Wendy's choice of coach. She was just super confused about what the heck happened because there was no indication at all by Wendy that she was leaning towards Blake and every indication she was leaning towards Kelly. Blake was completely rubbing getting Wendy in the other coaches faces and basically acting like he'd already won the season, so of course Kelly would find that annoying.

Did they talk about her singing with Vince Gill and The Time Jumpers during the audition?

4 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

Did they talk about her singing with Vince Gill and The Time Jumpers during the audition?

She only mentioned having shared the stage with a lot of icons. I think Vince was mentioned but I dont remember well. Julio Iglesias was probably the most emphazised one.

So, for FB comments (for contestants that made lives, didnt have time to check the rest):

GNT is being praised mostly, but there are some expected "its the voice, not the voices" comments. They are leading on views and reacts, so there's that.

Peedy is being bombarded with positive comments. A few are even calling him the winner. You know a teen boy singing Elvis was going to take Minivan back to their younger years. Good FB numbers despite being uploaded last or second to last.

Wendy is being praised by many. There's "winner" comments on her video too. There are a couple of people who feel like she shouldnt be able to compete due to her career, but they are minimal. Otherwise, its almost all praise. 

• Thanks 1

Don't know if there's a social media thread yet, but here are the likes/reacts on FB and IG as of Sept. 21 8AM EST

Facebook

1. Girl Named Tom - 16K

2. Peedy Chavis - 7.4

3. Katie Rae - 6.3K

4. Kinsey Rose - 3.7K

5. Jonathan Mouton - 3K

6. Katherine Anne Mohler - 3K

7. Wendy Moten - 2.1K

8. Jack Rogan - 1.9K

9. Vaughn Mugol - 1.6K (not leak post)

Instagram

1. Vaughn Mugol - 58.4K (leak)

2. Girl Named Tom - 29.6K

3. Katie Rae - 15.1K

4. Katherine Anne Mohler - 10.7K

5. Wendy Moten - 9.2K

6. Kinsey Rose - 7.1K

7. Peedy Chavis - 6.6K

8. Jonathan Mouton - 5.3K

9. Jack Rogan - 4.8K

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

By the way, if y'all thought some people were rude here last night (and even Ptones2010 wasnt there), go to Mjsbigblog. And to all contestants reading this but GNT and Wendy, DON'T go to Mjsbigblog.

When Vaughn's audition was on, somebody said something along the lines of "those poor dying patients having to hear him sing....

Edited by FloorWax

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

By the way, if y'all thought some people were rude here last night (and even Ptones2010 wasnt there), go to Mjsbigblog. And to all contestants reading this but GNT and Wendy, DON'T go to Mjsbigblog.

It's just sad that these types of opinions are normalized on the internet. I get that everyone's allowed to voice out their opinions, but the insult and hate comments are too much, especially if you don't personally know the artist lol. You do really need to have a tough skin to survive, I guess :( 

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Reveal hidden contents

When Vaughn's audition was on, somebody said something along the lines of "those poor dying patients having to hear him sing....

I don't get those guys, honestly. I wasnt a big fan of the premiere either, like I said, but I thought the chair turners displayed respectable skill, even though the majority didnt do it for me. 

They go way too dramatic and overboard with the comments as if hearing these contestants sing is going to ruin their lives by the minute. Criticism is valid, but they straight up demolish what has been years of work for the contestants.

As for the comment you mentioned, yeah, I appreciate some snark, but that was uncalled for. He got the harshest blows of the night there as a whole.

• Like 4

Pleasantly surprised by GNT’s positive reception, and I expected the positivity for Wendy. Not surprised Katherine’s doing well on YT or by Peedy dominating Facebook. Most shocked by Katie Rae’s numbers being solid, but her team affiliation and doing a popular country-pop-R&B crossover song likely helped her case. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Reveal hidden contents

That’s very rude. I mean, he wasn’t my favorite on the premiere but he wasn’t awful. I would honestly be happy to watch most of the contestants from this show in person, considering that many of them can do much better than what they show on The Voice. Besides, those people were lucky enough to have someone able to sing on The Voice in their presence. Some people go way too far with criticism on that site. 

• Like 4

we all know going off past leaks hasn't helped us one bit in predicting but...

Tuesday Premiere leaks:

Season 17 - Shane Q

Season 18 - Toneisha Harris

Season 19 - Taryn Papa

Season 20 - Zae Romeo

Mostly four-chairs as of recent, except the one season that also had a 2hr Tuesday 🤔

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

we all know going off past leaks hasn't helped us one bit in predicting but...

Tuesday Premiere leaks:

Season 17 - Shane Q

Season 18 - Toneisha Harris

Season 19 - Taryn Papa

Season 20 - Zae Romeo

Mostly four-chairs as of recent, except the one season that also had a 2hr Tuesday 🤔

So Bella, Raquel, or a three-chair that didn’t pick Ari would be good guesses for tonight.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unpinned this topic