The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Misirlou said:

And Jesus Christ... I hope Minivan gets past their anti-group bias because holy crap. That might actually be my favorite audition of the night now that I watched it in full.

The only reason they’re #5 on my list and not tied with Kinsey for #2 is the group thing making me worried for their audience reception, but those harmonies are EVERYTHING.

Well, that was an interesting editing choice for Wendy's coach comment portion. The way it played out in real life it really seemed like she was going to pick Kelly. During the listing of different artist she's collaborated with she mentioned Kirk Whalum. It took Kelly a minute to realize what she had said and she came back to it later and mentioned that Kirk's son Kyle is her bass player and that she and Kirk had performed together before. Wendy acted upset that Kelly performed with Kirk without her, that's when Kelly made the comment about having a TV show (implying she could make that collab happen on there). Wendy also was aware that Kyle was in Kelly's band. So it really seemed like Wendy was going with Kelly. Both Kelly and Ariana seemed to be pitching Wendy harder than Blake. In Kelly's closing argument she talked about how song choice was so key on this show and that's something she really felt she could help her with. Ariana basically told Wendy that she already knows what she's doing and she'd just allow her to do her thing. Both Kelly and Ariana had strong pitches and based on the genre Wendy sang they seemed more in Wendy's lane, so they were both understandably super confused when Blake got picked over them. People in the audience seemed taken off guard by it as well. I disagree with the source that told someone on the spoiler team that characterized Kelly being angry at Wendy's choice of coach. She was just super confused about what the heck happened because there was no indication at all by Wendy that she was leaning towards Blake and every indication she was leaning towards Kelly. Blake was completely rubbing getting Wendy in the other coaches faces and basically acting like he'd already won the season, so of course Kelly would find that annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Frankly, I’m just glad Arianators at least seem to be okay with Wendy’s performance rather than sh*tting all over her for not choosing Ariana despite having that option.

TBH i am more worried about Holly… Like Ari used her block on John for Holly and Holly picked Kelly? I hope the arianators calm down with Holly 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

TBH i am more worried about Holly… Like Ari used her block on John for Holly and Holly picked Kelly? I hope the arianators calm down with Holly 

Holly and Gymani both (especially the latter since she doesn’t ultimately end up with Ariana at some point in the competition).

• Like 2

TBH I loved tonight’s premiere… Sure it wasn’t as stacked as it should be, but to be honest I already know tommorow is gonna be way better then the premiere I have a feeling. Peedy was a surprise, GNT was really good. Katherines audition was a whole iconic, Jonathon was insane, he kind of reminded me of Darius from season 18. Jack has a cool soothing tone. I liked Kinsey’s tone. Wendy was phenomenal and exceptional as we expected a overall good premiere for me!

Just now, VoiceTakeover890 said:

uhm Lol where are you watching their audition?

IGTV.

That was an immediate reaction to the beginning of their audition when the chairs started turning. When they all turned and Caleb started to lead, I definitely understood the appeal.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´ll wait until Jim/Sasha are aired to confirm it, but they´re definitely on a good path.

I’m sure they’re also excellent, but I’ll admit I’m worried about Minivan reception for J&S more than anyone else that made the lives this season. Hopefully, my worries are unfounded, but we won’t know for sure until they air. 

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic