The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Who? Should I know who this is? :haha:

I´d 100% recommend taking a listen to him. Indie folk/singer-songwriter artist. Dare I say one of the best lyricists we have right now.

If you´re referring to how well his songs would do on the show, no, he´s not Minivan material really.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Also, I suspect the bit towards the end after Blake says John “knows zero about country music” is from TJR’s audition (since they’re country and only turned John and Blake).

That makes three acts likely hinted at today or shown: GNT (shown), TJR (hinted at), Jeremy (hinted at).

John also mentions Sufjan Stevens and Bon Iver here in the promo - so he tried to get somebody more indie-alternative to pick him. Other than Samuel, who I’d guess is the likeliest fit for that snippet, I’m not sure who really fits that box and turned John’s chair. If anyone’s got guesses on that artist, let me know.

This happened during the Girl Named Tom audition. John asked one of the guys (I believe Joshua) about his musical influences and he said Sufjan Stevens, then they started talking about other indie/alternative artists. 

Edited by VOICENEWS
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, VOICENEWS said:

This happened during Girl Named Tom audition. John asked one of the guys (I believe Joshua) about his musical influences and he said Sufjan Stevens, then they started talking about other indie/alternative artists. 

Nice! Thanks for the info!

7 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

This happened during the Girl Named Tom audition. John asked one of the guys (I believe Joshua) about his musical influences and he said Sufjan Stevens, then they started talking about other indie/alternative artists. 

Thanks!

And Joshua´s got taste. 👍

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´d 100% recommend taking a listen to him. Indie folk/singer-songwriter artist. Dare I say one of the best lyricists we have right now.

If you´re referring to how well his songs would do on the show, no, he´s not Minivan material really.

I looked him up. He isn’t even verified on Twitter or Facebook, but I do see he has a couple Grammy noms. It’s a little surprising they would cover someone so little known on the show. 

EDIT: Never mind. Sounds like they just came up in conversation. 

Edited by TeamAudra

54 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I looked him up. He isn’t even verified on Twitter or Facebook, but I do see he has a couple Grammy noms. It’s a little surprising they would cover someone so little known on the show. 

EDIT: Never mind. Sounds like they just came up in conversation. 

he doesn't have a Twitter, you probably saw a fan account. he is verified on IG though and has 5.6 million monthly listeners on Spotify.

he isn't very well-known in the mainstream, but he's a huge name in the indie world and has been making critically-acclaimed albums for two decades now.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, VOICENEWS said:

Josh seems to have an affinity for indie artists then. His favorite band is Big Thief, he made a video about Fleet Foxes, and is influenced by Sufjan Stevens. Hope they get to cover at least one indie type artist on the show.

Edited by FloorWax

Finally was able to check the full promo. Time to decode what´s going on here now that I finally have the time *cracks knuckles*

0:17 - Blake wins what it seems to be a 3 chair turn, although we don´t know if Kelly turned around or not since she wasn´t shown. 

0:23 - One chair turn by Blake (probably Hailey Green or Clint Sherman, or someone else we don´t know.)

1:09 - John and Ariana are turned around and jamming. We know this person turned at least them two. Blake and Kelly weren´t shown.

1:12 -The Sufjan Stevens and Bon Iver mention (We know now that it was for Girl Named Tom)

1:21- John wins a two chair turn against Ariana.

1:29 - Blake very clearly says "Carson", so it was from that audition. He was celebrating.

1:44 - The Ariana mic drop. She´s the only one who turned around. Probably David or KCK3, or someone else we don´t know.

2:36 - Blake is the only one turned. Ariana looks shocked, probably since Blake turned around at the last minute. This one is definitely Hailey Green.

3:07 - Rascal Flatts talk. Blake and Kelly turned. This one´s Jeremy, definitely.

3:27 - John and Blake are turned around. This one´s probably The Joy Reunion, since they´re country and they got both of them to turn.

3:40 - Ariana and Blake are the only ones that turned. Could be Katherine, LiBianca, or someone else we don´t know.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Hopefully by this time tomorrow we’ll have the leak and idf will be filled with “so and so was underwhelming.” 

I kinda miss the complaining lol.

On the other hand we can always get an Alisan-level leak.

I don't even remember if there was any negative reception when she got leaked. I was still relatively new to IDF that season.

Edited by Someone648

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I kinda miss the complaining lol.

On the other hand we can always get an Alisan-level leak.

I don't even remember if there was any negative reception when she got leaked. I was still relatively new to IDF that season.

I think the initial reactions to Katie Kadan's leak were pretty much all positive, but as the day passed and more people watched it, it became a bit mixed.

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?