The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

My only insight on the whole Gymani situation is that I don’t think she’ll be in the premiere, probably episode 3 or so. 

Think about it, irl there were no blocks left in her audition. Why would they want to show an audition with an Ari song, that’s probably gonna be amazing, in the premiere when coaches still have their blocks? I wouldn’t even be surprised if someone like Kelly or John said something like “I wish I still had my block!” or something. 

i think they’ll save her for when the blocks are over tbh. Probably closing episode 3 or opening it if they want to give ari a redemption episode storyline for the episode.

This could be debunked tho. Just realized that if Ari was the first one to turn her chair for Gymani, it's not like anyone could've blocked Ari. That said, Gymani could still be in the premiere, HOWEVER, I am fully expecting some comments like "we didn't stand a chance" for David's audition, so for that reason I doubt Gymani would be aired before David (since they clearly have a chance after Gymani picked Kelly). They could both be in the premiere, but I'm leaning towards David 100% being there over Gymani. Just thinking out loud here lol

edit: also, we're probably getting the typical "you're the first to join my team" comment for David's blind. It's perfect for storyline purposes (A guy who sings an Ari song and is the first one to make it to her team). If that's the case, he's early in the premiere

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She got eliminated two weeks before the finale.

Gotcha. Hopefully this isn’t the case for Wendy. Both extremely  talented/experienced/mature singers. Both four chairs on team Blake. I can also hear a little similarity in their high notes to

1 minute ago, jus.willy said:

Gotcha. Hopefully this isn’t the case for Wendy. Both extremely  talented/experienced/mature singers. Both four chairs on team Blake. I can also hear a little similarity in their high notes to

I don´t think it will be the case for Wendy.

I feel that at least one of Gymani and Holly will be leaked at some point this season because this is usually the case with a snippet (even if they’re not in the premiere)

Other past leaks- Zae, Tamara, Toneisha, Sandy, Kennedy, JChosen, We

I don’t remember a few from earlier seasons though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jus.willy said:

Idk about yall but recently I just been getting Sisaundra vibes with Wendy lol.  Question how far did she make it? 

That's a good comparison. Both are Team Blake, older than the average Voice contestant, had some success in the music industry and were/are incredible vocalists.

Sisaundra was very polarizing though (she was a "screamer" according to the audience) and her song choices were very predictable and old-fashioned. I don't think Wendy will be labelled as a screamer based on her covers, and she has less competition on her team than Sisaundra did.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

That's a good comparison. Both are Team Blake, older than the average Voice contestant, had some success in the music industry and were/are incredible vocalists.

Sisaundra was very polarizing though (she was a "screamer" according to the audience) and her song choices were very predictable and old-fashioned. I don't think Wendy will be labelled as a screamer based on her covers, and she has less competition on her team than Sisaundra did.

Yeah, that's a sad reality.

I really wish she'd been in the finale instead of Jake Borington. :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I really want to know what’s everyone’s favorite thing/ best quail about their top favorites (hope that makes sense) pre-season 

7. Lana Scott : IMO her tone and story telling ability are her best qualities  , actually just her overall voice is just magic ,it pierces your heart and it’s just like nature’s magic. 

6. Holly Forbes : she doesn’t sing ,she emotes ,that IMO is her best quality periodtttt that’s why I really like her as a singer. Her tone is cool too.

5. Bella : her control is INSANE ,that’s her best quality , she can go really strong yet keep it so leveled and balanced (if that makes sense) she is a really balanced singer and that’s sets her apart from her competition in a good way and that’s my fave thing about her is that she keeps it balanced, she knows when to go strong and she knows when to hold back.

4. Ryleigh: Ryleigh is an amazing vocalist but IMO her best quality is the power and soul she puts into her cover . She slays at pretty much all vocal aspects from control to range to technique.

3. Gymani: Her ability to literally deliver an awesome vocal performance regardless if the song fits her perfectly or not ,yet still not making her cover of the OG song sound different from the OG

2. Wendy: She is a world class vocalist  ,her best quality is her voice . She is a master at singing . 

1. GNT: everything about them is just AMAZING, they don’t really have a best quality , each of their immaculate singing quality is the best, from story telling to tone to vocal technique to emotion. They are just OUTSTANDING.

GNT and Wendy are pretty much my super snowflakes pre-season and I don’t that to change even when the season starts , they are both my faves and TBH they are interchangeable for the number 1 spot on my top faves list . If I had me choose I would pick GNT because as of right now I prefer, it just comes down to preference but this only pre-season .

Edited by Mohammad

Just now, Mohammad said:

I really want to know what’s everyone’s favorite thing/ best quail about their top favorites (hope that makes sense) pre-season 

7. Lana Scott : IMO her tone and story telling ability are her best qualities  , actually just her overall voice is just magic ,it pierces your heart and it’s just like nature’s magic. 

6. Holly Forbes : she doesn’t sing ,she emotes ,that IMO is her best quality periodtttt that’s why I really like her as a singer. Her tone is cool too.

5. Bella : her control is INSANE ,that’s her best quality , she can go really strong yet keep it so leveled and balanced (if that makes sense) she is a really balanced singer and that’s sets her apart from her competition in a good way and that’s my fave thing about her is that she keeps it balanced, she knows when to go strong and she knows when to hold back.

4. Ryleigh: Ryleigh is an amazing vocalist but IMO her best quality is the power and soul she puts into her cover . She slays at pretty much all vocal aspects from control to range to technique.

3. Gymani: Her ability to literally deliver an awesome vocal performance regardless of the song fits her perfectly or not ,yet still not making her cover of the OG song sound different from the OG

2. Wendy: She is a world class vocalist  ,her best quality is her voice . She is a master at singing . 

1. GNT: everything about them is just AMAZING, they don’t really have a best quality , each of their immaculate singing quality is the best, from story telling to tone to vocal technique to emotion. They are just OUTSTANDING.

GNT and Wendy are pretty much my super snowflakes pre-season and I don’t that to change even when the season starts , they are both my faves and TBH they are interchangeable for the number 1 spot on my top faves list . If I had me choose I would pick GNT because as of right now I prefer, it just comes down to preference but this only pre-season .

Here are mine,

1. Wendy/Holly

2. Holly/Wendy

3. David Vogel

4. Jeremy Rosado

5. Samuel Harness

6. Gymani

7. Joshua

8. Brittany

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

3. Gymani: Her ability to literally deliver an awesome vocal performance regardless of the song fits her perfectly or not ,yet still not making her cover of the OG song sound different from the OG

1. Jershika/Gymani

2. Wendy 

3. Ryleigh

4.Holly 

5. Raquel

6. Brittany

Honorable mention !

Samuel

Jeremy

Bella

11 hours ago, jus.willy said:

Idk about yall but recently I just been getting Sisaundra vibes with Wendy lol.  Question how far did she make it? 

10 hours ago, jus.willy said:

This was a rather weak effort of trolling. You can do better. #Fail

15 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

3. Gymani: Her ability to literally deliver an awesome vocal performance regardless if the song fits her perfectly or not ,yet still not making her cover of the OG song sound different from the OG

1. Wendy/Holly

2.) Raquel 

3.) David

4.) Bella 

5.) Hailey Mia

6.) Jeremy

I was just pointing out who I found her similar too. Literally no I’ll intent was behind that at all. And I literally said I hope she doesn’t end up like Sisaundra. I can get where that can sound like trolling or sarcastic but there’s no hidden agenda behind what I said lol

• Confused 1

Just now, jus.willy said:

Trolling???? wtf🤣🤣🤣 Wendy is Literally one of my favs why would I troll her?!? 

I don’t know, but you went back 8 years to compare two singers with completely different styles, simply because they are both AA females on Team Blake, while ignoring more recent examples, like Kyla, Spensha, and Toneisha. One of those was in her 30s and another in her mid 40s. It’s interesting. I’ll just leave it at that. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know, but you went back 8 years to compare two singers with completely different styles, simply because they are both AA females on Team Blake, while ignoring more recent examples, like Kyla, Spensha, and Toneisha. One of those was in her 30s and another in her mid 40s. It’s interesting. I’ll just leave it at that. 

I was watching a lot of old perfomances and came across Sisaundra. And my mind went straight on Wendy. Because they’re both masterclass performers. I don’t consider Kyla and Spensha and Toneisha “master class” they’re insanely good but not master class. So please.

• Confused 1

Just now, jus.willy said:

I was watching a lot of old perfomances and came across Sisaundra. And my mind went straight on Wendy. Because they’re both masterclass performers. I don’t consider Kyla and Spensha and Toneisha “master class” they’re insanely good but not master class. So please.

Sisaundra was the definition of “screamer.”  Everything was over the top. They couldn’t be any more different. 

27 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Well, I only have one legit preseason favorite, and that's Joshua Vacanti. Love how crystal clear his tone is from what little material we have of him. And not gonna lie, the lack of material and spoilers about him adds to the excitement of his appearance on the show. I feel like I know too much already about the rest of the cast just by reading this thread, so it's nice to have some mystery remain in the blind auditions. Same reason why I'm looking forward to Jim & Sasha's audition.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sisaundra was the definition of “screamer.”  Everything was over the top. They couldn’t be any more different. 

The comparison makes sense in terms of how contestants are characterized on the show. Both women are older than average contestants who are Black females with prior chart success. 

There’s no reason to get bent out of shape by the comparison. Viewers don’t go that deep and it was a reasonable thought.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1