The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’d rather them post a new promo. I never find myself re-watching the coach performances. 🥱 

There have been some really good ones, especifically the ones with Blake, John, Gwen and Kelly (the only ones that have been any memorable to me)

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

There have been some really good ones, especifically the ones with Blake, John, Gwen and Kelly (the only ones that have been any memorable to me)

True, but there’s nothing to hype up imo. They’ve gotten their chance in the spotlight. It’s more interesting for me to identify contestants and hype them up, since this is something they’ll probably only get to experience once in their life.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Brittany Bree’s runs and riffs are just AMAZING, technique and control doing them are just perfect literally PERFECT. 

I haven't heard her sing yet, but if she chose a hard song to sing "Call Out My Name", slayed, and got 4 chairs, then based on that info I would already be invested in her.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Zae moment where I find his blind audition legendary compared to his knockout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

True, but there’s nothing to hype up imo. They’ve gotten their chance in the spotlight. It’s more interesting for me to identify contestants and hype them up, since this is something they’ll probably only get to experience once in their life.

Yes, i agree. Unfortunately, as much as i love this show, we know how it works 

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I agree. There have been several seasons where I didn’t even watch the coach performance, and have never watched one more than once. It’s not interesting to me. 

The only coach performances that I´ve geniuenly loved have been "Dream On" (S11), and Waterfalls (S12). There have been some other good ones but the only ones I really come to revisit once in a while are these two I mentioned. And of course, there have been some terrible ones, like last season´s.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

Honestly the perfomances are just a way to promote the season. The fans look foward to it every season, hell I look forward to it. It’s cool and satisfying to see the coaches come together and showcase their talents in a group. I think it’s a great tactic to get the audience hyped for the season.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’d rather them post a new promo. I never find myself re-watching the coach performances. 🥱 

I would prefer that they put the coach performance back into the premiere episode rather than make it a SM extra. I loved having the coaches open the show.

• Like 8

Turns out Ariana is actually older than both Nick and Miley by a few months. Miley is still the youngest coach to be on the panel. (I think she was 24 at the time of S11 or so ).

Edited by Misirlou

38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The only coach performances that I´ve geniuenly loved have been "Dream On" (S11), and Waterfalls (S12). There have been some other good ones but the only ones I really come to revisit once in a while are these two I mentioned. And of course, there have been some terrible ones, like last season´s.

I’ve also LOVED “Jealous” (S18) and One Love (S19)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, professorX said:

I mean I find coach performances addicting when the arrangement is so good. S18 and S14 were amazing performances, like specifically I'd rather see a coach performance where each coach had equal time to shine, a great song choice, and sung the hell out of the song. But if the promos had LONGER snippets of the contestants singing, I'd pick that cause' I wouldn't want to wait 20 or more days to hear my favorite artist in the blinds.

I'll take a coach performance, just not one like last season... I would have much preferred a Rick Roll to whatever that was :whut:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

When you can't decide between especially and specifically 🤣. Sry im just bored waiting for the new promo lol

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

I would prefer that they put the coach performance back into the premiere episode rather than make it a SM extra. I loved having the coaches open the show.

This. I miss those coach performances where they would sing each other's songs :wub:

GNT is probably the audition I'm looking forward to the most because I'm not sure what the reception will be. We all know the coaches praised Wendy, Gymani, Holly, etc. I'm curious to see whether GNT will be in the frontrunner of team Kelly or not.

I think Jeremy is her team's contender, he doesn't have anything against him and he's super versatile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

For example, some struggles for some of them include:

Wendy - age.

Holly- age, coach.

Hailey - inexperience (and song choices).

Girl Named Tom - being a trio.

Ryleigh - style, coach.

Jim/Sasha - trans son, being a duo, coach.

Samuel - style, coach.

David - style, coach.
Raquel - style, coach.

Jeremy - From a techincal point, he has it easier than most (male,gospel, likeable guy, Team Kelly), but TPTB is not gonna push for his win.

Peedy - Again, from a strictly technical standpoint, he probably has it the easiest out of all of them tbh, he would just need to deliver live. Still, TPTB is not gonna push for him winning. If he doesn´t deliver live as well, then it´s over.

So, yeah, nobody really has a free race to the finish line, although even with all of this taken in account, I still have Wendy in the lead for now. We´ll see what happens.

Wait, Girl named Tom is a trio🙆 I never followed this closely. I've always seen you guys commenting GNT as a trio but I never guessed it was short form of that. I was like if the girl is named Tom, why don't just write it as Tom?😅

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Torres said:

Wait, Girl named Tom is a trio🙆 I never followed this closely. I've always seen you guys commenting GNT as a trio but I never guessed it was short form of that. I was like if the girl is named Tom, why don't just write it as Tom?😅

ARE YOU FOR REAL???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Torres said:

GNT should sing BNS

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Torres said:

Yeah, they are trio. Check their fan thread if you want more info about them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1