The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

12 hours ago, FloorWax said:

not this word :dead:

This is not the thread for it, but I'll make my point here. No matter what some may tell you, "Latinx" isn't the "proper" way to address the Hispanic community. Barely anyone who is ACTUALLY Hispanic uses the word, want to know why? The letter "x" doesn't even exist in their own language. "Latinx" is a word created by Americans who feel like they are doing the Latino community a favor by making a more "inclusive" term. The thing is, "Latino" is already a gender-neutral term in English. Using "Latinx" just feels a little out-of-touch for me, especially because most people it addresses will have a hard time even pronouncing the word.

I know this because they tried to do this with Filipinos with the word "Filipinx", and our community just laughed it off. "Filipino" is a gender-neutral term too, btw.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This is not the thread for it, but I'll make my point here. No matter what some may tell you, "Latinx" is the "proper" way to address the Hispanic community. Barely anyone who is ACTUALLY Hispanic uses the word, want to know why? The letter "x" doesn't even exist in their own language. "Latinx" is a word created by Americans who feel like they are doing the Latino community a favor by making a more "inclusive" term. The thing is, "Latino" is already a gender-neutral term in English. Using "Latinx" just feels a little out-of-touch for me, especially because most people it addresses will have a hard time even pronouncing the word.

I know this because they tried to do this with Filipinos with the word "Filipinx", and our community just laughed it off. "Filipino" is a gender-neutral term too, btw.

You see, that is something I'll admit I didn't know (and feel embarrassed to say I didn't know 😬) Thanks for explaining in a respectful manner. ;) 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jus.willy said:

It’s time for a rnb/soul/pop FEMALE to win this show. Has there ever been one?

I'm pretty sure TPTB is pushing a Female win this season.

S17-20 had Male winners and the streak needs to be broken.

Edited by Jyn Mycle

31 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This is not the thread for it, but I'll make my point here. No matter what some may tell you, "Latinx" is the "proper" way to address the Hispanic community. Barely anyone who is ACTUALLY Hispanic uses the word, want to know why? The letter "x" doesn't even exist in their own language. "Latinx" is a word created by Americans who feel like they are doing the Latino community a favor by making a more "inclusive" term. The thing is, "Latino" is already a gender-neutral term in English. Using "Latinx" just feels a little out-of-touch for me, especially because most people it addresses will have a hard time even pronouncing the word.

Thank you for pointing it out! Believe it or not, I'm hispanic, and in my day to day I do use "latino" when speaking, if I'm referring to it. However, in a way it's been normalized online or through chat to use "latinxs" as a way to be inclusive and I didn't really have any idea of its origins or the reason why, I just thought (and I've been told) it's a way to maintain inclusivity when typing in english lol. Also the "x" has been used many times to address males, females, and non binary people all in one from what I know. It's a pretty big debate where I come from, but I wrote it out of naïveness in my original post, so thank you for clearing it out respectfully!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I'm pretty sure TPTB is pushing a Female win this season.

S17-20 had Male winners and the streak needs to be broken.

It needed to be broken after the first one. I think it’s been said before, but when we look at the casts of S17-S20, it’s not at all surprising that we haven’t had a female winner for a while. I can’t think of many serious threats win. A lot of people thought Katie would win, but she was too polarizing. Who after that? Toneisha was the only female runner up over that stretch, and nobody ever had delusions of her winning the show. 

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Knowing he knocked out the Joy Reunion, I’m thinking Peedy might have the edge over Carson, vocally. That doesn’t necessarily mean Blake will go in that direction, though. We won’t know for sure what they can do until one or both of them have to sing live. 

I smell a robbery…

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He did get a much harder partner than Carson, that´s something noteworthy.

TJR vs Peedy. I smell a robbery. Can’t wait to see the performance. Something doesn’t add up for me with this pairing…

1 hour ago, Voicelover222 said:

TJR vs Peedy. I smell a robbery. Can’t wait to see the performance. Something doesn’t add up for me with this pairing…

I mean... you saw how Taryn obliterated Worth The Wait. Definitely plausible. Trios are risky.

14 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Didn't she do a concert or something? I think that listening to Ariana sing live for free is different than voting for a contestant w/o any real incentive. I see what you mean, though, and, like I said before, I could be wrong.

It wasn't a concert in the way you think. It isn't her singing live or anything. It's just an animated Ariana lipsyncing to a medley of her songs. You're basically just having an in-game watch party of something that will be uploaded to YT later anyway.

Edited by FloorWax

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

It wasn't a concert in the way you think. It isn't her singing live or anything. It's just an animated Ariana lipsyncing to a medley of her songs. You're basically just having an in-game watch party of something that will be uploaded to YT later anyway.

Yeah literally this.🤣

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

She sang one country song in the KOs. But she was purely pop on the show otherwise.

I NEVER REALIZED THAT SHE SANG RASCAL FLATTS AND SLAYYYYED!!! I love when country songs can be turned into pop (vise verses as well lol). 

Holly can do the same thing with country!

I also cannot believe that one of y’all though Brynn was Country! 😂

Edited by Voice

4 hours ago, Voicelover222 said:

I like TJR but lets wait until the battle comes out.  Peedy has a musical theatre background and likely more power that we think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Peedy has a musical theatre background and likely more power that we think.

His Stapleton cover on Instagram was so good! If he managed to beat a trio, I feel like he's really a strong competitor (since you can easily get drowned by the harmonies of a group, unless you have a voice that cuts through/stands out). It'd be sad to lose either him or Carson, but I feel like only one will move forward to the lives 🥲

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

His Stapleton cover on Instagram was so good! If he managed to beat a trio, I feel like he's really a strong competitor (since you can easily get drowned by the harmonies of a group, unless you have a voice that cuts through/stands out). It'd be sad to lose either him or Carson, but I feel like only one will move forward to the lives 🥲

Might be a bit unpopular but I hope both move on somehow.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If they’re paired together and in the first taping, I could see that ending in a steal.

I think the producers will make sure they are in the last taping so that doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I wonder who drew the short straw to get paired with Wendy in the KO. Maybe Blake stole Jonathan for that purpose. 

At this point I dont see her having a country opponent, so I'd say its either him or LiBianca.

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe, but don’t forget who he paired Kyla with. 

Yep. A steal.

They are always in a precarious position with him. One of his OG members might have to flop hard for his steal to gain the win. (Funsho vs Katrina Cain on S15).

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?