The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

A lot of people don’t like duos and groups on the show, and I’m one of them. Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

Ngl Agreed….I’ve never fancied em 

Battles against groups really depend on what their coach wants. If they want the soloist to move on, they´ll make the duo/trio sing individually more than harmonize (See Kymberli vs One Up on S15). 

Edited by Misirlou

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Given how unpopular groups are with a significant portion of the audience, I don’t understand why they are tripling down on them this season. 

The show is in need of some new life. I think they are looking to spice it up a little. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s got my attention🙌🏻

3 minutes ago, Voicelover222 said:

The show is in need of some new life. I think they are looking to spice it up a little. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s got my attention🙌🏻

I thought that’s why they brought in Ariana. 

39 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

Not really. Harmonies can go wrong easily. All it takes is one member to bring down the whole ship. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I thought that’s why they brought in Ariana. 

Yup, now they are also bringing in different types of contestants. Whole package facelift. I dunno, it’s all just speculation but that’s what we do here I guess. 🤗

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Not really. Harmonies can go wrong easily. All it takes is one member to bring down the whole ship. 

Agree, I believe the soloists actually have an advantage in battles because all they have to worry about is themselves. Groups have to rely on each other controlling their nerves etc… 

24 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Just a hunch, but I’m expecting at least one duo/trio to do well. Not necessarily winning, but making it decently far (Swons, Hello Sunday…)

Yeah, same feeling. One's probably gonna make it far, but I doubt that one will win.

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Battles against groups really depend on what their coach wants. If they want the soloist to move on, they´ll make the duo/trio sing individually more than harmonize (See Kymberli vs One Up on S15). 

To be fair, Dane & Stephanie had some great harmonies, but Marybeth was really really good on that song, so I guess John didn't need to weaken the duo.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Worth The Wait showed this at some points

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Harmonies are usually fine in the taped rounds. We are just going to have to agree to disagree. 

15 minutes ago, Voicelover222 said:

Yup, now they are also bringing in different types of contestants. Whole package facelift. I dunno, it’s all just speculation but that’s what we do here I guess. 🤗

A few more groups than usual does not qualify as a whole package facelift. LMAO 

• Haha 1

What I initially expected this season: A bunch of teenage pop singers occupying the majority of the space, all going to Ariana, and her having more success with getting people that she has currently had.

What we´ve got so far instead: A big number of groups (including three trios), a more seasoned cast that´s clearly not Ariana material, including someone who started her career before any of the coaches on the team of the coach that just won last season, a fiddle player, and Ariana struggling big time to obtain contestants, including wasting her block and losing someone who sang her song.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

What I initially expected this season: A bunch of teenage pop singers occupying the majority of the space, all going to Ariana, and her having more success with getting people that she has currently had.

What we´ve got so far instead: A big number of groups (including three trios), a more seasoned cast that´s clearly not Ariana material, including someone who started her career before any of the coaches on the team of the coach that just won last season, a fiddle player, and Ariana struggling big time to obtain contestants, including wasting her block and losing someone who sang her song.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

And a few more AA divas than usual, including one with a resume longer than all of the other contestants combined (maybe a stretch, maybe not). And they seem to be open to choosing any of the three coaches not named Ariana. 

My only thing about groups is if someone’s opposed to them, there needs to be a reason why beyond “it’s THE VOICE not THE VOICES” - groups have been included since season 1 of the show, so it’s not like they’re a new thing that came out of nowhere.

Personally, I’m not crazy about groups on the show, but if they turn a chair then all the more power to them.

And a few more AA divas than usual, including one with a resume longer than all of the other contestants combined (maybe a stretch, maybe not). And they seem to be open to choosing any of the three coaches not named Ariana. 

And they likely tried to have Gymani choose her by singing her song, but apparently it backfired. That probably was TPTB´s idea for her frontrunner. We´ll see if she has a ringer out of the people we don´t know though. She could have one.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And they likely tried to have Gymani choose her by singing her song, but apparently it backfired. That probably was TPTB´s idea for her frontrunner. We´ll see if she has a ringer out of the people we don´t know though. She could have one.

I can’t recall who it was (maybe Jeffery Austin?) but it was said that they do try to encourage contestants to keep an open mind, and often even suggest a coach. They also said they isn’t a requirement to follow their advice, but I would imagine they have an easier time on the show when they cooperate. 

I can’t recall who it was (maybe Jeffery Austin?) but it was said that they do try to encourage contestants to keep an open mind, and often even suggest a coach. They also said they isn’t a requirement to follow their advice, but I would imagine they have an easier time on the show when they cooperate. 

Yeah, I think I´ve heard that before. Some of the most left field coach picks have probably been a result of them following that advice. Of course others just ignore it and go to the coach they wanted initially or the one whose pitch they liked better. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Given Jeffrey had spilled quite a bit of tea about the behind the scenes on the show since his time on it, I’m going to assume it’s him until proven otherwise.

I wonder what examples we have (and don’t know about) of contestants that followed that tip over the years, and who might fit that bill this year.

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Given Jeffrey had spilled quite a bit of tea about the behind the scenes on the show since his time on it, I’m going to assume it’s him until proven otherwise.

I wonder what examples we have (and don’t know about) of contestants that followed that tip over the years, and who might fit that bill this year.

-Well, Kelly went all over social media the day before blinds tapings for S15, and talked about wanting to work with a female country singer. Next thing we know, Chevel shocked even her own family by choosing her over Blake. It’s possible that Chevel may have been influenced by Kelly’s social media posting about female country singers.

-Alisan Porter - Her farewell season, and you know damn well they wanted her to get a win. 

-Maelyn? It’s a Legendary season, y’all!

It probably happens all the time, but those stick out to me as either surprising or convenient choices. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

-Well, Kelly went all over social media the day before blinds tapings for S15, and talked about wanting to work with a female country singer. Next thing we know, Chevel shocked even her own family by choosing her over Blake. It’s possible that Chevel may have been influenced by Kelly’s social media posting about female country singers.

-Alisan Porter - Her farewell season, and you know damn well they wanted her to get a win. 

-Maelyn? It’s a Legendary season, y’all!

It probably happens all the time, but those stick out to me as either surprising or convenient choices. 

This two particularly stick out. They were a product of TPTB wanting those specific coaches to get a win. While it´s not like TPTB put a gun to their head to choose them, they probably had some suggestions backstage. 

I wonder if they tried to get Wendy to pick Ari. :P She is most definitely a ringer. If someone like that expresses interest in being a contestant, skip the bullshit and sign them up before they change their mind. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

A lot of people don’t like duos and groups on the show, and I’m one of them. Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

One of the problems is that sometimes, one member is clearly better than the other(s), which has definitely happened with the last 2 trios (and the last duo to an extent)

And the division is often based on equity more than efficiency, which causes them to struggle 

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

• istersay changed the title to *Spoilers -the knockout pairings without the winners?
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic