The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Mistake006 said:

random question is the button pressing sound edited in?

Yes, it´s edited in. Most of the time contestants don´t even realize chairs turned because there´s no sound.

22 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah lmao, it wasn't even a difference in talent that was the issue - Jaclyn is great at what she does - it's just the completely opposite styles of singing. Kyla's big bombastic vocal was clearly going to outshine Jaclyn's restrained, quieter performance.

I wasn't watching at that point; did Kyla get any flack for that pairing? If she did, then it's possible that Wendy might face some backlash for utterly destroying, decimating, demolishing, devastating, annihilating, and obliterating her battle and KO opponents.

Maybe Kyla got a little backlash right after, but nothing too major. I would suggest not pairing Wendy and Carson, because older, experienced adults destroying 16 year old kids is not a good look. There haven’t been many pairings like that in Voice history that I can recall. Chevel-Mikele is one I remember off the top of my head. Mikaela-Bundys is sort of in the same category, because there were three of them and she was freaking 14 years old. Any others?

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe Kyla got a little backlash right after, but nothing too major. I would suggest not pairing Wendy and Carson, because older, experienced adults destroying 16 year old kids is not a good look. There haven’t been many pairings like that in Voice history that I can recall. Chevel-Mikele is one I remember off the top of my head. Mikaela-Bundys is sort of in the same category, because there were three of them and she was freaking 14 years old. Any others?

Sid was twice Bailey's age.

25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Sid was twice Bailey's age.

I forgot about that one. 18 and 37. Well, we have 4 examples and twice, the younger one came out on top. Maybe just don’t pair contestants with huge voices, like Kyla, or trios with teenagers. :P They’ll probably just choose some fodder for Wendy. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I forgot about that one. 18 and 37. Well, we have 4 examples and twice, the younger one came out on top. Maybe just don’t pair contestants with huge voices, like Kyla, or trios with teenagers. :P They’ll probably just choose some fodder for Wendy. 

I was thinking Clint, but he´s probably a more logical choice for Carson.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I was thinking Clint, but he´s probably a more logical choice for Carson.

Do we know for sure he’s fodder? I only found the one YT video from two years ago that’s linked on the OP. For some reason, I got Andrew Jannakos vibes when I looked at his Instagram. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Do we know for sure he’s fodder? I only found the one YT video from two years ago that’s linked on the OP. For some reason, I got Andrew Jannakos vibes when I looked at his Instagram. 

He´s not bad, in fact, I quite like his tone and he has an interesting style, but I don´t know, I fail to see where he enters Blake´s equation this year. Of course, I could be wrong and he could pull off an Ethan Lively on battles, or suddenly become a dark horse, but that´s just what I´m feeling for now.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

He´s not bad, in fact, I quite like his tone and he has an interesting style, but I don´t know, I fail to see where he enters Blake´s equation this year. Of course, I could be wrong and he could pull off an Ethan Lively on battles, or suddenly become a dark horse, but that´s just what I´m feeling for now.

Yeah, I agree. There’s just nothing that stands out about him....kind of like Andrew Jannakos. So...I guess he’ll  blow up on TikTok and get signed after he’s eliminated. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I agree. There’s just nothing that stands out about him....kind of like Andrew Jannakos. So...I guess he’ll  blow up on TikTok and get signed after he’s eliminated. 

There's worse outcomes for Voice alumni to have, tbh.

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So did Justin Kilgore. Wendy is not Nelson or Justin. Kind of an irrelevant point. 

It isn't irrelevant. I agree that Wendy is in a completely different league than those two. However, seeing great, experienced vocalists give supbar performances due to song choice is something we see every season multiple times. You said she must've made it work since it got her four chairs and a block and I was just pointing out that some average performances earned that before and it doesn't mean anything. Of course, I'm hoping to see Wendy kill in September, the song choice just gives me a pause just like it does to you.

9 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

Tommy Edwards also seems to be out

No, if he’s Team Ari, there’s still a chance he flew out (unless I’m missing something on TikTok) 

8 hours ago, Angeles said:

Cami Brooks is out. 😥

Nvm, yeah, it looks like it. That’s quite disappointing. I hope to see her back next season. 

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, colemanftw said:

It isn't irrelevant. I agree that Wendy is in a completely different league than those two. However, seeing great, experienced vocalists give supbar performances due to song choice is something we see every season multiple times. You said she must've made it work since it got her four chairs and a block and I was just pointing out that some average performances earned that before and it doesn't mean anything. Of course, I'm hoping to see Wendy kill in September, the song choice just gives me a pause just like it does to you.

That’s actually not something I’ve considered. I’m just curious what she did with the song. Whatever she did, it was good enough for 4 chairs and a block, and Kelly was pissed that she didn’t get her. 

Based on her latest tiktok video, Shreya Acharya seems to be out as well

question, when did Team Ari members flew to Cali? 🤔 Justin posted a tiktok video just 3 days ago (he's home I think)

3 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

question, when did Team Ari members flew to Cali? 🤔 Justin posted a tiktok video just 3 days ago (he's home I think)

I think it was July 17th, which was two days ago. Justin is still good (for now.) 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Katherine Ann is definitely back in the hotel. 

Samuel posted a picture with palm trees in the back. I don’t even know what to say about his posts anymore. :haha: 

I hate him so much lol.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

See I want to be annoyed at Samuel not giving us a straightforward answer, but I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing in his shoes 😂

If this is intentional, Samuel's probably laughing his a** off right now :haha:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

See I want to be annoyed at Samuel not giving us a straightforward answer, but I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing in his shoes 😂

Same 🤭