The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Holly (I really wasn't sure where to place her)

I have a hard time categorizing her too. She isn't exactly pop, but I wouldn't consider her an indie girl either. I see her more in that piano singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles type lane.

Edit: Mayyyyybe you could put her in the "Alternative" category?

Edited by FloorWax

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I have a hard time categorizing her too. She isn't exactly pop, but I wouldn't consider her an indie girl either. I see her more in that piano singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles type lane.

Edit: Mayyyyybe you could put her in the "Alternative" category?

Agreed on the Sara Bareilles comparison, and I was between Pop, Soul, and Alternative for her so I just left her out.

5 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Shadale could fit into the gospel lane too, she has some videos singing gospel music (and she sounded good in them)

I was between pop and gospel for her, I just saw more pop covers on YT so I figured that was more accuraste.

3 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

the way they're all my fan thread artists this season- 💀 I guess alternative's my favorite genre this season 😂

The alt guy game has definitely improved this season, hopefully we get at least one in the lives.

2 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Brittany is also Gospel. Along with Jershika 

I classed Brittany as R&B based off her blinds song, but I haven't looked into her super in-depth admittedly.

I have them like this, including the new confirmed ones:

Team Kelly:

Aaron Hines - R&B/Gospel

Girl Named Tom - Folk/Pop

Jeremy Rosado - Pop/Gospel, but auditioned with country lol.

Holly Forbes - Pop, but her voice has an indie vibe to it.

Jershika Maple - Gospel/Soul

The Cunningham Sisters - Pop/R&B

Parker McKay - Pop, with a country background from what I´ve seen.

Team Ariana:

Bella Denapoli - Pop/R&B

David Vogel - Alternative Pop/Rock

Ryleigh Plank - Pop

KCK3 - Pop/R&B

Katherine Ann Mohler - Probably pop, her voice could cover territory in gospel as well.

Vaughn Mugol - Pop

Team Legend:

Brittany Bree - Judging from song choice, R&B maybe.

Jack Rogan - Indie/Alternative

Tony Aaron - R&B/Gospel

Team Blake:

Carson Peters - Country/Bluegrass

Clint Sherman - Country, probably a bit of folk too.

Hailey Green - Rock

The Joy Reunion - Country

KJ Jennings - Indie/Jazz

Wendy Moten - R&B/Soul/Country

Unplaced:

Manny Keith- Pop

Wyatt Michael - Jazz/Swing

Samuel Harness - Alternative/Pop

Kinsey Rose - Country

Carolina Alonso - Pop

Kaitlyn Velez- From what I´ve heard, her material leans towards pop.

Shadale Johnson - Pop/Gospel

Edited by Misirlou

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I have them like this, including the new confirmed ones:

Team Kelly:

Aaron Hines - R&B/Gospel

Girl Named Tom - Folk/Pop

Jeremy Rosado - Pop/Gospel, but auditioned with country lol.

Holly Forbes - Pop, but her voice has an indie vibe to it.

Vaughn Mugol - Pop

Jershika Maple - Gospel/Soul

Katherine Ann Mohler - Probably pop, her voice could cover territory in gospel as well.

The Cunningham Sisters - Pop/R&B

Parker McKay - Pop, with a country background from what I´ve seen.

Team Ariana:

Bella Denapoli - Pop/R&B

David Vogel - Alternative Pop/Rock

Ryleigh Plank - Pop

KCK3 - Pop/R&B

Team Legend:

Brittany Bree - Judging from song choice, R&B maybe.

Jack Rogan - Indie/Alternative

Tony Aaron - R&B/Gospel

Team Blake:

Carson Peters - Country/Bluegrass

Clint Sherman - Country, probably a bit of folk too.

Hailey Green - Rock

The Joy Reunion - Country

KJ Jennings - Indie/Jazz

Wendy Moten - R&B/Soul/Country

Unplaced:

Manny Keith- Pop

Wyatt Michael - Jazz/Swing

Samuel Harness - Alternative/Pop

Kinsey Rose - Country

Carolina Alonso - Pop

Kaitlyn Velez- From what I´ve heard, her material leans towards pop.

Shadale Johnson - Pop/Gospel

Vaughn and KK are not on Team Kelly, they are on Team Ari. Kinsey is most likely on Kelly’s team.

1 minute ago, Voice said:

Vaughn and KK are not on Team Kelly, they are on Team Ari. Kinsey is most likely on Kelly’s team.

Yeah, Vaughn and KK definitely seem to be Team Ari based off of when they flew out. Kinsey seems to be Team Kelly because of that follow.

It does seem like we´re sure that Vaughn is Team Ariana right? It´s interesting considering the source said only Kelly turned, and it would be difficult to confuse the coach pick or turn given that there was supposedly only one choice.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

It does seem like we´re sure that Vaughn is Team Ariana right? It´s interesting considering the source said only Kelly turned, and it would be difficult to confuse the coach pick or turn given that there was supposedly only one choice.

I don’t think Vaughn is a one chair. Another source actually reached out recently (after spoilers were initially posted and before Vaughn posted the airport stuff on his story) and they said that Vaughn was on Team Ariana. They revealed some other stuff too that contradicts some of the information in the OP, but for now, I’ll keep it hush hush. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

Yeah there's a lot to update on the OP after everything this week but I've been too busy to do so. I'll catch up sometime this week, I promise :haha:

For now, I'll leave you with another name we identified:

Kayla Lilly Instagram | YouTube

-No, she's not the pov lady. Please don't ask that.

-The YouTube channel is older but there's a few covers here and there that I was able to find.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah there's a lot to update on the OP after everything this week but I've been too busy to do so. I'll catch up sometime this week, I promise :haha:

For now, I'll leave you with another name we identified:

Kayla Lilly Instagram | YouTube

-No, she's not the pov lady. Please don't ask that.

-The YouTube channel is older but there's a few covers here and there that I was able to find.

Lol she’s definitely out 😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Based off song choices/brief looks into them:

• Country: Wendy, Carson, Kinsey, The Joy Reunion, Parker, Clint
  • Pop: KCK3, Katherine, Manny, Ryleigh, Bella, Vaughn, Tony, POV woman, Kaitlyn, Carolina, Shadale*
  • R&B/Soul: Brittany, Good Days woman, Leave the Door Open dude, Aaron (could also fit gospel as well)
  • Rock: unnamed Team Blake male, Hailey
  • Jazz: Wyatt, KJ
  • Alternative: David, Jack, Samuel
  • Gospel: Jeremy, Jershika
  • Folk: Girl Named Tom
  • TBD: Holly (I really wasn't sure where to place her), Cunningham Sisters (not 100% sure where they go, but guessing pop based off who turned for them), Taping 8 John pick

If there's anyone I missed or anyone who could be classified elsewhere, y'all let me know.

NOTE: this isn't necessarily the most accurate list and several could go in alternative directions on show (ie, Jeremy going country in the blinds when he's primarily a gospel-pop artist), but I tried. @Misirlou's list further down on this page is more comprehensive so I'd recommend checking that one out as well.

*I'm not 100% if Shadale's in, but I'll leave her here for now.

Just sit this one out. 

22 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Just sit this one out. 

I know that my list isn’t the most accurate, I just wanted to try and get the person who asked for a genre breakdown of the artists an answer before their question got lost in the shuffle. I admit most of my knowledge of who fits where is pretty fuzzy (and a lot of knowledge about what classifies an artist as a particular genre flies over my head), so that’s why I asked for others’ feedback. If my lack of knowledge about what artists are which genre offends you, feel free to try and classify them yourself.

(Side note, if that “just sit this one out” isn’t directed at me or my admittedly shoddy attempt at a list, then I apologize for taking things a bit personally here; as always, feel free to call me out if I’m being an a**hole because I know it’s hard to interpret someone’s tone behind their message when it’s a text-on-screen post)

• Like 1

I’m not sure I’m ready to classify Wendy as country. I’m going to need to see a few rounds first. She led off with a Beatles song, but I’m not sure I’m buying that she sang a Stevie Wonder or Chaka Khan version, based on the limited details we have on the performances in general. If that’s what she did, it doesn’t lead me to believe she’s going to be exclusively country on the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not sure I’m ready to classify Wendy as country. I’m going to need to see a few rounds first. She led off with a Beatles song, but I’m not sure I’m buying that she sang a Stevie Wonder or Chaka Khan version, based on the limited details we have on the performances in general. If that’s what she did, it doesn’t lead me to believe she’s going to be exclusively country on the show. 

Who knows. I mean, Carter Lloyd Horne on S16 auditioned with a Midland song and he never proceeded to touch another country song for the rest of his run. This could happen with Wendy but in reverse. It will depend on TPTB and her coach.

I pray to God Wendy doesnt  stick to country her whole run on the show. like she can do country here and there (since we have more lives) but not mainly country.

Also, I wonder if they’ll be keeping team quotas since we’re back to top 48 or if we’ll be back to normal voting.

5 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

I pray to God Wendy doesnt  stick to country her whole run on the show. like she can do country here and there (since we have more lives) but not mainly country.

Also, I wonder if they’ll be keeping team quotas since we’re back to top 48 or if we’ll be back to normal voting.

In a perfect world, I’d love to see her so what Keisha did back in S13 and cover classic country and soulful stuff, but with the current audience and the ability to cater to them more easily than Keisha did (since the biggest complaint about Keisha was her not sounding “country enough” - which is something I don’t foresee being an

issue for Wendy) I think country would be a smarter route votes-wise. 

Crossing my fingers for a 2 PV + Coach Save post-playoffs team, but not optimistic about that.

• Like 1

My guess is that Wendy sang her own version of the song, rather than copy Stevie or Chaka. The source sees an AA female, and automatically assumes it must be one of those versions. We’re  going to need to hear it, and decide for ourselves. I’m not really crazy about that song choice, but maybe she slowed it down or something. Regardless, it got her 4 chairs and a block, so it must have been good. 

Edited by TeamAudra

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

My guess is that Wendy sang her own version of the song, rather than copy Stevie or Chaka. The source sees an AA female, and automatically assumes it must be one of those versions. We’re  going to need to hear it, and decide for ourselves. I’m not really crazy about that song choice, but maybe she slowed it down or something. Regardless, it got her 4 chairs and a block, so it must have been good. 

Another important detail: John was blocked, not Blake, so whoever did it must have thought of her as a full on R&B/Soul artist to block him precisely. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Another important detail: John was blocked, not Blake, so whoever did it must have thought of her as a full on R&B/Soul artist to block him precisely. 

It depends on when they blocked. If they blocked within a few seconds, it’s difficult to make that call. 

Edited by TeamAudra