The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, ammonium said:

Hi all.. back here after few weeks

Still reading through spoilers, seems like only few country artists or did I miss?

So far we have 4. Wendy Moten, Carson Peters, Clint Sherman, and a trio called The Joy Reunion. 

There could be more since we don´t know all the names though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What did they say about Carson? He was in the same taping. I’m surprised we don’t know his song choice, with three or more sources. 

Nothing much…just that he was good but I had to send his profile for them to remember him 🌚 One of the sources knew him off the bat though

5 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Nothing much…just that he was good but I had to send his profile for them to remember him 🌚 One of the sources knew him off the bat though

Do you know whether he played the fiddle, or any other instrument? 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

And Parker McKay. 

Yeah, she has a country background too, although she  apparently auditioned with a Niall Horan song, who is pop, so, we´ll see what direction she takes on the show.

The biggest surprise for me is seeing gospel/pop singer Jeremy Rosado auditioning with a country song. I´m sure he won´t sing it like a country song given his style, but it´s still strange to me.

26 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So far we have 4. Wendy Moten, Carson Peters, Clint Sherman, and a trio called The Joy Reunion. 

There could be more since we don´t know all the names though.

and the person who sang Here Comes Goodbye is not country?

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

The biggest surprise for me is seeing gospel/pop singer Jeremy Rosado auditioning with a country song. I´m sure he won´t sing it like a country song given his style, but it´s still strange to me.

Jeremy did a Carrie song on American Idol and it wasn’t a train wreck, so it’s not his first time tackling country on the show (and it’s a decent strategy since Kelly and Blake both have decent relationships with the country community, and John has been known to turn for country acts as well).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Also adding to the country contribution: Kinsey Rose (who’s been confirmed back in LA) is at least country-adjacent, so that brings the total to six acts that will willingly go country-ish: Wendy, Carson, Parker, The Joy Reunion, Jeremy, and Kinsey.

Forgot about her lol. Yeah, she´s definitely country. 

5 minutes ago, ammonium said:

and the person who sang Here Comes Goodbye is not country?

He has pop/gospel songs all around his social media, and his voice is suited to those types of genre I´d say. 

But, yeah, I just checked, and he indeed covered Carrie Underwood when he was on American Idol. But I still find it strange that TPTB assigned him a country song on the first round of the Voice.

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

But I still find it strange that TPTB assigned him a country song on the first round of the Voice.

Wouldn’t be the first time someone non-country went that way on The Voice and had it work out (Shalyah on “A Broken Wing” and Brynn also on “Here Comes Goodbye” both come to mind).

For all we know, the other options TPTB offered him could have been songs like WAP, Lips of an Angel, Toxic, and Maneater soooo 👀

• Like 1

When I see this for Holly, it surprises me that the three sources weren’t sure whether the song was Rocket Man, since they said she was good.  “Possibly Rocket Man.” How are they not sure about that? I’ll accept that none of the three had heard the song before, I guess. 

Holly Forbes - TBA (possibly Rocket Man) - Four chairs. John blocked by Ariana. Picked KELLY.

Plus, Ari saved her block until the 6th taping. How often does that happen?

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

When I see this for Holly, it surprises me that the three sources weren’t sure whether the song was Rocket Man, since they said she was good.  “Possibly Rocket Man.” How are they not sure about that? I’ll accept that none of the three had heard the song before, I guess. 

Holly Forbes - TBA (possibly Rocket Man) - Four chairs. John blocked by Ariana. Picked KELLY.

This actually happened on S19. Cami Clune and Ryan Berg were on Taping 7 and Kelly and Gwen used their blocks then.

Interested to see if Ari turned for any country artist that Kelly/John didn't turn for. Also, is the spoiler post gone? It used to be at the top of pg 120 but its not there anymore. 

Edit: nvm, found it in the middle of pg 118. 

Edited by gingerbread

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not sure how they wouldn’t be able to identify the song Rocket Man, considering it just had a movie about it and it’s one of Elton John’s most known songs. I’m hoping this is accurate because I would love to hear a good Rocket Man cover on the show. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I’m not sure how they wouldn’t be able to identify the song Rocket Man, considering it just had a movie about it and it’s one of Elton John’s most known songs. I’m hoping this is accurate because I would love to hear a good Rocket Man cover on the show. 

Still a little salty Sid from S19 never even got a shot at doing Rocket Man on the show, but Holly would also do it justice (just in a different style).

10 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I don’t know either, but I’ll consider that they sit in there for a long time, and can’t write anything down. It’s not easy to remember every song choice, let alone names and details about the performances. To be clear, I’m not saying the spoilers are incorrect. I just have questions. If the answers aren’t available, that’s fine. I’m willing to wait for the performances to air. 

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Shalyah on “A Broken Wing” and Brynn also on “Here Comes Goodbye” both come to mind

gosh, both of these were so good!

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I suspect that they didn't know the song, and that the "possibly" comes from snippets of lyrics that they got.

6 hours ago, QueenCami said:

It would be cool to see Indian/South Asian representation on the show since I can't recall the last time I've seen a South Asian go on and go far. I won't hold my breath though 

I only remember Moushumi. Maharasyi was malaysian iirc but didn’t go far.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I only remember Moushumi. Maharasyi was malaysian iirc but didn’t go far.

Malaysians are Southeast Asian, which is distinct from South Asian. But yeah, for some reason South Asians are incredibly rare on this show.

• Like 1